OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:18:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184532 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: September 28, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »

New Renacci ad. Looks bad from my eyes.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #826 on: September 28, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »

>I'm a businessman not a career politician
>Member of the U.S. House of Representatives since 2011
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #827 on: September 28, 2017, 05:23:52 PM »

>I'm a businessman not a career politician
>Member of the U.S. House of Representatives since 2011

I find it funny that members of congress first elected in the Tea Party wave are Washington insiders now
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #828 on: September 28, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »

I liked the ad's message.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #829 on: September 28, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2017, 12:56:23 AM by BuckeyeNut »

That ad's just weird

Edit: Also, Renacci's a fool if he thinks right to work is a winning issue in Ohio.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2017, 08:55:16 PM »

"We need a change from our popular Republican Governor." is a strange message for a Republican to run on.
Rjjr77
« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2017, 09:34:45 PM »

"We need a change from our popular Republican Governor." is a strange message for a Republican to run on.

Governor is no where near as popular as people think.

Edit- The ad is so bad.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #832 on: September 30, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »

After a lot of posturing, including a recent debacle where the former Congressmen told reporters he had a big announcement to make Monday, former Congressman Kucinich has formally ruled out a run. While this is something that could have been assumed a while ago, it wasn't entirely a given. His big announcement? A coming endorsement of Issue 2.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #833 on: September 30, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »

Damn. I really wanted a run from him.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #834 on: September 30, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »

I'm still somewhat surprised the Dem's gubernatorial field never got any bigger, frankly.
Rjjr77
« Reply #835 on: October 01, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »

I'm still somewhat surprised the Dem's gubernatorial field never got any bigger, frankly.

I am too. We have some low tier, and some middle tier, but usually when you get a race with no top tier candidate you see people come out from all over. Where's the Jennifer Brunners, Nina Turners, Mike Colemans, Jay Williams,  heck someone like Marcy Kaptur could jump in and be the front runner.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #836 on: October 02, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »

I am too. We have some low tier, and some middle tier, but usually when you get a race with no top tier candidate you see people come out from all over. Where's the Jennifer Brunners, Nina Turners, Mike Colemans, Jay Williams,  heck someone like Marcy Kaptur could jump in and be the front runner.

Jennifer Brunner is the one I am most specifically surprised to see not running, but she was just elected judge last year, and that'd be something of a bad look. Maybe she's angling for State Supreme Court down the line.

I thank God for Nina Turner not running.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #837 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »

Brunner is the only candidate on that list who'd even arguably be a step up from the folks running (and I'm not convinced that she'd be a better candidate than any of the current candidates aside from Sutton).
Rjjr77
« Reply #838 on: October 02, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »

Brunner is the only candidate on that list who'd even arguably be a step up from the folks running (and I'm not convinced that she'd be a better candidate than any of the current candidates aside from Sutton).

I never said any of these would be a step up, but when you have a group of mid and lower tier candidates for governor, you expect a ton more in than just 4.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #839 on: October 02, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »

I never said any of these would be a step up, but when you have a group of mid and lower tier candidates for governor, you expect a ton more in than just 4.

Ah, I see what you mean.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #840 on: October 02, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »

Since Mingo is running for Treasurer, there's no way he can run for re-elect, right? Even if he loses the primary to Sprauge?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #841 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »

I don't know - I think Jay Williams would do pretty well, if he had run.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #842 on: October 02, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

I think he'd be a pretty weak statewide candidate, tbh.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:29 PM »

He'd have hurt Schiavoni, being 1: another man, and 2: another Youngstown-candidate.

We've had two crap polls, so it's hard to say how people are going, but Williams presumably would have captured a larger chunk of the Black vote than any of the current candidates are.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »

He'd have hurt Schiavoni, being 1: another man, and 2: another Youngstown-candidate.

We've had two crap polls, so it's hard to say how people are going, but Williams presumably would have captured a larger chunk of the Black vote than any of the current candidates are.

Precisely. Winning over Youngstown and African-Americans would be important, as would his amazing background in community development, commerce, and economic development. I think he might also win over younger voters.

That said, while he might have a slight lean in the primaries, I could never see him winning the general.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #845 on: October 03, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »

Precisely. Winning over Youngstown and African-Americans would be important, as would his amazing background in community development, commerce, and economic development. I think he might also win over younger voters.

That said, while he might have a slight lean in the primaries, I could never see him winning the general.

Why vote for someone who brings nothing to the table in terms of electability? 
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #846 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »

To be clear, I agree with X that Williams wouldn't be that good of a Gubernatorial candidate. The end result of his run would most likely be guaranteeing Sutton the nod.

If Schiavoni is elected Governor and Ryan vacates in 2020 -- lol -- then Williams would be a decent candidate for the 13th Congressional District. And even then, he'd have to deal with Capri Cafaro and maybe John Boccieri as well.
Rjjr77
« Reply #847 on: October 03, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

To be clear, I agree with X that Williams wouldn't be that good of a Gubernatorial candidate. The end result of his run would most likely be guaranteeing Sutton the nod.

If Schiavoni is elected Governor and Ryan vacates in 2020 -- lol -- then Williams would be a decent candidate for the 13th Congressional District. And even then, he'd have to deal with Capri Cafaro and maybe John Boccieri as well.

I dont think Williams has the statewide network to win, I am surprised there arent more like him running though.

I assume he'd handle Cafaro pretty well, Boccieri would probably take him out though
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #848 on: October 03, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »

Oh! To be clear, I don't think Williams would have a chance in the general.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: October 04, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2017, 12:37:27 PM by BuckeyeNut »

If it wasn't apparent before, Leland is all but definitely out as a candidate for Treasurer, since ODP Chairman Pepper basically recruited Richardson. While I still wish we were running someone with more experience, I've heard more good things about Richardson, and he evidently has very strong labor connections around the state.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies