OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:31:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184834 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: August 14, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »
« edited: August 15, 2017, 09:30:41 AM by BuckeyeNut »

Disgraced AG Marc Dann vaguely leaves the door open to running again, now that his law license has been re-instated, though its unlikely the party would have him back.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #726 on: August 15, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »

Disgraced AG Marc Dann vaguely leaves the door open to running again]vaguely leaves the door open to running again, now that his law license has been re-instated, though its unlikely the party would have him back.

lol

Rjjr77
« Reply #727 on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:05 AM »

Disgraced AG Marc Dann vaguely leaves the door open to running again, now that his law license has been re-instated, though its unlikely the party would have him back.

endorsed
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #728 on: August 15, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »

Dayton billionaire Clayton Mathile has donated $1 mil to Husted's PAC.
Rjjr77
« Reply #729 on: August 16, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »

all the momentum...
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #730 on: August 17, 2017, 10:06:12 PM »

So has the door completly closed on any chance of Nina Turner 2018?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #731 on: August 17, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »

Have Democrats learned nothing? The voters hate Super Pacs.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #732 on: August 17, 2017, 10:36:18 PM »

Husted is a Republican, though?
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #733 on: August 17, 2017, 11:24:18 PM »

The door was never opened.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #734 on: August 18, 2017, 10:31:26 PM »

The door was never opened.

This. Nina could never get elected statewide. Not even in a primary. Especially not after 2016. And most Ohio Bernie people I know agree.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: August 19, 2017, 02:52:35 PM »

The Plain Dealer had a really good, albeit somewhat long, article on the political and economic impact of automation in Ohio. An insightful read for anyone interested.

Also, the Republicans have set a time and date for their first debate. The date of the actual primary is not yet set, but we are just two weeks away from Cordray's alleged launch date.
Rjjr77
« Reply #736 on: August 19, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »

It closed in 2014:
Jon Husted   1,811,020   59.8%
Nina Turner   1,074,475   35.5%            
Kevin Knedler   141,292   4.7%
Rjjr77
« Reply #737 on: August 19, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

The Plain Dealer had a really good, albeit somewhat long, article on the political and economic impact of automation in Ohio. An insightful read for anyone interested.

Also, the Republicans have set a time and date for their first debate. The date of the actual primary is not yet set, but we are just two weeks away from Cordray's alleged launch date.

the primary is May 8th 2018. It is set by law
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: August 19, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »

Do you know why this cycle is May, but last cyle was March?
Rjjr77
« Reply #739 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »

Do you know why this cycle is May, but last cyle was March?

Presidential cycles are set in March, although the legislature moved it back a week to become a WTA state, and non presidential are in May. First Tuesday after the first Monday, although as I said the legislature moved that in March last year.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: August 20, 2017, 09:59:20 PM »

Ooooh! Source please? Cheesy

It is widely expected Cordray will announce his intentions at a Labor Day event in Cincinnati, where he is  scheduled as a main speaker.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #741 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:16 PM »

It is widely expected Cordray will announce his intentions at a Labor Day event in Cincinnati, where he is  scheduled as a main speaker.
Then Labor Day is the day the race becomes toss up.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: August 20, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »

I'm still not wholly conviced Cordray does run. And even if he does, there's a small chance he wouldn't actually clear the field and win. Cordray is more popular with national Democrats than he is with the ODP.
Rjjr77
« Reply #743 on: August 21, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »

problem is he'd definitely be in violation of the Hatch act, as hes attending that event as the head of the CFPB. its interesting.

Hes not running is my thought, its too late. I think the debate was Pepper's push to say time to decide by this date or stop keeping our money on the bench.
Rjjr77
« Reply #744 on: August 21, 2017, 09:03:42 AM »

I'm still not wholly conviced Cordray does run. And even if he does, there's a small chance he wouldn't actually clear the field and win. Cordray is more popular with national Democrats than he is with the ODP.

I dont think its that small, why would Sutton get out? or Pillich? I can see Schiavoni getting out and Whaley getting attached to the ticket, but theres no incentive for the other two to get out.

Recently spoke to a Dem Co Chair, he said he was disappointed in Sutton's fundraising but shes still the clear leader in his mind.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: August 21, 2017, 09:43:23 AM »

The reason Sutton would get out is one you just alluded to: her fundraising. Sutton's showing was lackluster because she's the one who benefits most if Cordray's not in, being the closest to him, ideologically speaking. If Cordray is in, Sutton should run to take back her old Congressional district; Whaley should position herself to run for LtG; Pillich should go back to Hamilton County to run for Commissioner so Portune can run for Congress against Chabot without fear of losing Democratic control; and Schiavoni should stay in, having no other real options ... Even if it's a bit of a suicide mission.

The only people I know excited about Sutton's candidacy are mainline democrats living in in the Cuyahoga collar counties. But when you consider how of the primary is inside baseball, that shouldn't hurt her too bad. Given Pillich's un characteristically strong, small dollar fundraising, I think we may all be surprised by her end showing, assuming Cordray doesn't get in.
Rjjr77
« Reply #746 on: August 21, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »

The reason Sutton would get out is one you just alluded to: her fundraising. Sutton's showing was lackluster because she's the one who benefits most if Cordray's not in, being the closest to him, ideologically speaking. If Cordray is in, Sutton should run to take back her old Congressional district; Whaley should position herself to run for LtG; Pillich should go back to Hamilton County to run for Commissioner so Portune can run for Congress against Chabot without fear of losing Democratic control; and Schiavoni should stay in, having no other real options ... Even if it's a bit of a suicide mission.

The only people I know excited about Sutton's candidacy are mainline democrats living in in the Cuyahoga collar counties. But when you consider how of the primary is inside baseball, that shouldn't hurt her too bad. Given Pillich's un characteristically strong, small dollar fundraising, I think we may all be surprised by her end showing, assuming Cordray doesn't get in.
Sutton no longer lives in the 16th (shes in the 13th I believe, and yes that does hurt). I just dont see the reason for sutton to get out (I can see Schiavoni jumping down, hes the only one I can see moving down the ticket) Whaley to an LG spot is fine, but again, I dont see pillich leaving at all. Why go run for Hamilton Co? you are the top fundraiser in the state.

I still think Suttons the front runner right now, Cordray getting in does make him the front runner, Pillichs fundraising was nice but it was very localized, dont see that helping when its time for the votes.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: August 21, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »

Schiavoni has nothing else to run for. As he said, it's Governor or Ryan's seat. Dettelbach would probably beat him in the AG primary -- he out raised all the Gubernatorial candidates and would likely get an Obama endorsement. His only option is Treasurer, really, where we still don't have a candidate.

Maybe I misread Pillich's fundraising, but my understanding was her small dollar donors contributed from across the state, just not outside of it. I wouldn't call that localized. She's the closest to running as an insurgent.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: August 21, 2017, 06:22:33 PM »

I guess Pillich could run against Chabot if Portune skips it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #749 on: August 21, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »

I guess Pillich could run against Chabot if Portune skips it.

This, and why not Schivoni for Treasurer? Or hell, p i l l i c h could take another shot considering she did better than anyone else on the ticket 4 years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies