OH: More Money Stuff (August) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:29:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 186185 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« on: May 12, 2017, 10:48:26 PM »

Is Cordray strong? I thought he was a little damaged goods. Definitely think he has less crossover support than Generic Democrat (D).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »

That's so trivial it's stupid. Thinking anout whether or not to run for governor doesn't constitute political activity. If he announced before resigning from his position, that would be problematic, but this is just clearly a typical smear campaign from Republicans.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »

That's so trivial it's stupid. Thinking anout whether or not to run for governor doesn't constitute political activity. If he announced before resigning from his position, that would be problematic, but this is just clearly a typical smear campaign from Republicans.

I mostly agree, but if he set up groundwork for a campaign, raised or solicited funds, or did some fake "draft" movement like Nina Turner did, it could be more problematic

Sure, but Hensarling is just pointing to Bill O'Neil's statement that he believe Cordray is planning to run. He doesn't kmow any more than we do. It's baseless.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:52:07 PM »

I'm hearing Leland has ruled out running for Treasurer. A real damn shame.

F***

Same, really. I'm just glad we've fielded credible candidates in both the down-ticket apportionment board positions. I suppose he could still be Sutton or Whaley's Lieutenant Governor candidate since they need to file with someone.

There's also now, evidently, polling for Cordray/Beatty, which seems like an awful idea, given its Columbus-centric nature.
Beatty? They are really desperate to have a black LG, that's a weak ticket.
Well, specifically, a Black woman. Though I agree, it's weak. I get the impetus, though, since it looks like the only Black candidate on the ticket is going to the candidate for Treasurer. (The failed Cinci Mayoral candidate.)

In Other News: The Springer rumor mills keep chugging away, with Springer appearing at a Labor Day event in support of Fight For Fifteen; frmr Gov. Dick Celeste's son has joined Sutton's campaign as a co-chair; and frmr State Senator Lou Gentile has landed at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, where he was welcomed by frmr State Senate Pres. Tome Niehouse. Vorys is the same law firm frmr Congressman Zack Space landed at after beeing booted from office, and his current place of work as he runs statewide. Me thinks we haven't seen the last of Lou Gentile. (Thank God.)

I mean they could go recruit Paula Hicks-Hudson, Emily Sykes or Alicia Reece if they are that desperate for a black female, at least bring geographical diversity to a ticket

Or even Marica Fudge, who has a great personality.

I really don't know what to think about Cordray anymore. One day I hear he's in, one day I hear he's out. There seem to be a lot of people endorsing Whaley now, which I think points to one of two things. 1) The obvious one, which is he's not getting in and people want Whaley, or 2) He is getting in and there's a strong shadow campaign for her to take the LG spot.

At this point, I am convinced now more than ever that Cordray would be surprisingly weak as a candidate. I hope he doesn't get in.

I've said for months I dont think Cordray gets in, I also think if he does its really late and that hurts his campaign badly. We have leaders endorsed already, statewide unions endorsed already, its looking like hes Joe Biden'd himself

If Cordray can clear the field, it won't matter. Didn't hurt Rubio last year.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »

Signatures are better turned off.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »

wtf
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »

Who will even vote for her? Warren's behind Cordray.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »

Kucinich will pick Turner as lt. gov. I'm calling it.

She shouldn't associate herself with that Trump-loving elf.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

I like Whaley.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 06:01:34 PM »

OH-Gov is now Lean D

Cordray/Sutton 2018!

I wish. A Democratic governor paves the way for Brown 2020.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »

Hopefully fundraising picks up on the Dem side, Dewine/Husted probably have about 10 million between them.

They have at least $9, yeah. Cordray should benefit from national support, but he's been Hatch act limited from engaging in fundraising for so long, I worry he'll be rusty drumming up support in the state. And there is money for Democrats in Ohio if you know where to look. See: David Leland.

I wonder if Warren could help Cordray fundraise. She doesn't need the money in Massachusetts.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »

Hopefully fundraising picks up on the Dem side, Dewine/Husted probably have about 10 million between them.

They have at least $9, yeah. Cordray should benefit from national support, but he's been Hatch act limited from engaging in fundraising for so long, I worry he'll be rusty drumming up support in the state. And there is money for Democrats in Ohio if you know where to look. See: David Leland.

I wonder if Warren could help Cordray fundraise. She doesn't need the money in Massachusetts.

I feel like folks are assuming Warren and Cordray are particularly close politically just b/c they were strong supporters of the CFPA.  They might be, but I haven't heard anything suggesting that's the case.

She endorsed him like the day he announced.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »

Bart's turning out to be a pretty decent candidate though.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 06:25:19 PM »

OH-Gov is now Lean D

Cordray/Sutton 2018!

I wish. A Democratic governor paves the way for Brown 2020.

This would be proof that Jesus still loves us.

I think God abandoned our timeline.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »

3) Rep. Bill Seitz and Sen. Huffman are in hot water after making sexually charged and graphic jokes at an employees going away party, just weeks after major sexual misconduct training at the state house.

Well they are men, so.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »

Hopefully Brown can drag Cordray across the finish line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies