Did Trump outwork Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:51:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did Trump outwork Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Trump outwork Hillary?  (Read 1388 times)
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »

Maybe the "stamina" line was true, it seemed like Trump was working like a mad man around the clock while Hillary kinda coasted and relied heavily on surrogates. Not going to WI might have cost her the state, I remember Trump being here multiple times.

Seems like the modern Truman/Dewey to me

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »

I don't think Trump really did anything that was "work" from his point of view. 

He skipped debate preparations, briefings, avoided following strategic advice, etc.  He went at the pace that he normally goes in his private life.

Trump mostly just did what he loves - talking to crowds and improvising at rallies, and calling in to TV shows to talk about himself.

I don't know what it says about Trump, Hillary, and/or America that his methods were successful.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »

Maybe the "stamina" line was true, it seemed like Trump was working like a mad man around the clock while Hillary kinda coasted and relied heavily on surrogates. Not going to WI might have cost her the state, I remember Trump being here multiple times.

Seems like the modern Truman/Dewey to me

Yes, Trump did 2-3 rallies almost everyday while Hillary took long breaks from the trail and usually had "surrogates" do the majority of rallies.Trump also knew how to play the NY media and called into shows like Fox and Friends and Morning Joe.
Cuckslayer
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:51:24 PM »

His team out worked Hillary's team. It's just that nobody noticed what was unfolding before their eyes.

Lest we forget that in these days the internet has come to dominate mainstream life. It permeates all aspects of society. We're constantly on social media, visiting our favorite sites, oftentimes enjoying our hobbies that are conveyed through the internet. The internet was a powerful tool for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Trump saw this. He studied it. He conquered it.

Many people will laugh when I say this but it's true: 4chan and The_Donald won Trump this election. Hindsight is 2020, so we might have laughed at all the glorious memes that have surfaced this election cycle, but we shouldn't have laughed at them. For our laughter contained within us the very naïveté that was the root of our own destruction. We overlooked the laughter that brought joy to many. The memes that brought hope to the disaffected working class of this country. The memes that have given us the very man who has promised to deliver us to heaven on Earth.

Memes will be studied from henceforth. We must understand how they can mobilize millions of people through the internet to rally behind a candidate like Donald J. Trump for he wouldn't have succeeded without the dank memes that flooded the web. The dank memes which packaged so much of the greatness of 2016 into one candidate that blessed us with his presence: Donald J. Trump.

These forums were utilized. The users that occupy 4chan and Reddit put their collective weaponized autism together to spring across the finish line before anybody even noticed. 2016 was already over in 2015. We just didn't see it til now. When we look back at this election, we must remember, the internet is the platform where memes now decide elections. Trump stopped being a joke when the memes surfaced. The very laughter we had at these memes embodied the hope that so many Americans put into Donald J. Trump.

Now it is his turn to deliver to the American people.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:47 PM »

His team out worked Hillary's team. It's just that nobody noticed what was unfolding before their eyes.

Lest we forget that in these days the internet has come to dominate mainstream life. It permeates all aspects of society. We're constantly on social media, visiting our favorite sites, oftentimes enjoying our hobbies that are conveyed through the internet. The internet was a powerful tool for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Trump saw this. He studied it. He conquered it.

Many people will laugh when I say this but it's true: 4chan and The_Donald won Trump this election. Hindsight is 2020, so we might have laughed at all the glorious memes that have surfaced this election cycle, but we shouldn't have laughed at them. For our laughter contained within us the very naïveté that was the root of our own destruction. We overlooked the laughter that brought joy to many. The memes that brought hope to the disaffected working class of this country. The memes that have given us the very man who has promised to deliver us to heaven on Earth.

Memes will be studied from henceforth. We must understand how they can mobilize millions of people through the internet to rally behind a candidate like Donald J. Trump for he wouldn't have succeeded without the dank memes that flooded the web. The dank memes which packaged so much of the greatness of 2016 into one candidate that blessed us with his presence: Donald J. Trump.

These forums were utilized. The users that occupy 4chan and Reddit put their collective weaponized autism together to spring across the finish line before anybody even noticed. 2016 was already over in 2015. We just didn't see it til now. When we look back at this election, we must remember, the internet is the platform where memes now decide elections. Trump stopped being a joke when the memes surfaced. The very laughter we had at these memes embodied the hope that so many Americans put into Donald J. Trump.

Now it is his turn to deliver to the American people.

lol, great shi*tpost. When were talking about the chan's (4chan and 8chan) you obviously mean /pol/, , yes  /pol/ made alot of the quality memes and r/the_donald stole most of em. CTR really destroyed /pol/ for months though.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 08:56:12 PM »

Trump was lazy in that he didn't prepare for the debates(and lost badly) or even bother to try keep his impluses in check. Clinton was lazy because she thought victory was hers and spent too much time off the trail(still, given her lack of charisma I'm not sure it made much difference, and she lost Pennsylvania despite spending time there)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »

Trump did have a more ambitious schedule than did Hillary, although, both of them worked very hard.

Running for President is a physically, emotionally, and demanding role.

I think in the eyes of the public that Trump is at least perceived to have worked harder than Hillary.

But like I say, both of them worked extremely hard.
alomas
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »

Yes, Trump outworked Clinton. But that shouldn't be a surprise considering DJT is a hard-working person, he's not sleeping much and always pushes hard to get a job-done. He was usually doing three-state swings but then started doing four-state swings! It was amazing. However it wasn't everything because he has done a five-state swing, absolutely incredible commitment by the next President of US.

Clinton was also trying hard, no doubt about it but her health isn't great and she couldn't do what Trump was doing in the final days. She's done a pretty good job at the debates, especially the first one, it was obvious she came better prepared. But on the campaign trail, even if she was there, her speeches were shorter than Trump's ones.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »

Clinton's health was fine. She has unbelievable stamina, even Trump said so. She would crush all you Internet posters like ants.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 04:30:01 AM »

“I will say this about Hillary: She doesn’t quit, She doesn’t give up. I respect that. I tell it like it is. She’s a fighter. I disagree with much of what she’s fighting for. I disagree with her judgment in many cases. But she does fight hard and she doesn’t quit and she doesn’t give up and I consider that to be a very good trait.”-Donald Trump at the second presidential debate

“As soon as he travels to 112 countries and negotiates a peace deal, a cease fire, a release of dissidents, an opening of new opportunities in nations around the world, or even spends 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee, he can talk to me about stamina,”-Hillary Clinton at the first debate

The idea Hillary Clinton lacks stamina is a baseless lie. It is Hillary Clinton's version of the birther lie. A sexist lie designed to discredit her. She has stamina for sure. But no, a woman can't be as strong and tough as a man, right? She's a woman, of course she's weak. This is 2016. Fortunately more Americans realized that truth than bought Trump's disgraceful lies. Unfortunately, not enough. Hillary Clinton is more healthy than Trump, while she is hiking and previously travelling the world he was overweight, fat and doesn't believe in exercise. So the idea that Hillary Clinton lacks stamina is baseless, untrue, and tinged with sexism.
Kytax

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »

Hillary didn't even step foot in Wisconsin the whole General election, assuming it to simply be hers.

That should tell you something.
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 01:27:29 PM »

Hillary didn't even step foot in Wisconsin the whole General election, assuming it to simply be hers.

That should tell you something.

she sent us Tim Kaine in early November lol
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »

She doesn't like campaigning. That was obvious from the start. She was a lot more comfortable at her high dollar donor parties than with regular people. People smelled it, and it was one of her biggest liabilities as a candidate.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »

I'm not sure who "worked" more overall (my personal guess is Trump, but I may have bought into his own propaganda on this respect, I guess.) However, they both seem to have outworked each other on the things they enjoyed, and sort of neglected the things they didn't.

Trump seems to love rallies, the love and adoration he gets from them and such. He went to many more than Hillary, his rallies were more energetic, and he was a natural at them, to the point of usually going without a script and just winging them. On the contrast, he seems to hate policy and debate prep, and neglected this sort of stuff, which clearly cost him in October, when Hillary was trouncing him in the debates. Of course he then bounced back once they were over.

Hillary was very prepared for debates and policy and such, sometimes to the point of appearing overprepared (not necessarily a bad thing for a president, but can look awkward campaigning.) Unlike Trump, and even her own husband, she never seemed to like campaigning, and appeared to only be doing it as a necessary requirement to be elected. As such, her rallies with her personally seemed to lack energy and she left much of the campaigning part of campaigning up to surrogates like Michelle Obama, who made the case for her better than she did.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies