App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map  (Read 35487 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« on: November 29, 2016, 06:52:31 PM »

Any way to form new states? I messed up on Rhode Island and can't recreate it. I don't want to have to start all over.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:39:55 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2016, 08:05:57 PM by Bigby »

I am just going to keep rump Rhode Island as is. I'll post a few fancy historical facts in this alternate world. Admittedly, I've made a few monstrous entities dicking around. Honestly, I'm not sure how this America would work.

Businessman Donald John Trump (R - Hudson)/Governor Mike Pence (R - Indiana): 338 EVs, 46.3% PV
Fmr. State Sec Hillary Rodham Clinton (D - Hudson)/Senator Timothy Kaine (D - Tidewater): 200 EVs, 48.0% PV

Gone States: Vermont, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arizona, Wyoming, Nevada, Alaska, North Dakota, and North Carolina.
New States: Chicagoland, Appalachia, Jefferson, Bay Area, South California, Gadsden, Nueces, and Yazoo (North AL + North MS).
Renamed States: Dakota (South Dakota), Rocky (CO + WY), Pacificia (AL + HI), Transylvania (WV), Tidewater (VA), Deseret (UT), Hudson (Downstate NY).

Largest State: Texas (Population: 25,724,748)
Smallest State: Rhode Island (132,763)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:43:54 AM »

This time I focused on gerrymandering the country without letting a single Trump county turn into a Hillary one. Trump's victory has been further expanded from my previous 338 EV Trump victory to 364 EVs.

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:29 PM »

With the revival of this thread, I present to y'all Georgiafornia:

The goal in mind was less to cement a candidate's victory over the other and more to transform Georgia into the most populous state nationwide. My goal was 55 electoral votes, but moving Memphis to Georgia shifted the state to earn 56 electoral votes. Going over was not an issue, but being under would have been. I made new states out of old ones to account for the state gobbling, to keep the states at fifty. Despite absorbing Florida, Georgia's Trump margin actually expanded, likely thanks to Alabama, Mississippi, and the Florida parishes of Louisiana.

IL turns into a Republican state with merely 8 electoral votes, while Tennessee and Louisiana remain the same politically but losing CDs (TN loses one while LA loses one as well.) Florida was used to created California del Sur, which is super-Hillary and has 33 electoral votes. Mississippi was repurposed into a rump California, which has 8 EVs and is only voting for Trump by a 150K margin. Alabama became Chicagoland, a decisively liberal-voting state with 14 EVs. California remains but is renamed the Bay Area, an unshockingly liberal state with 18 EVs.

I wonder how Georgiafornia would come to exist, and what the state would historically and currently be like? Any thoughts on that?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »

By the way guys, the app updated. You can now destroy states entirely, reducing the EV total. You can also zoom in and out by scrolling. No making new states yet, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies