App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:02:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map  (Read 35545 times)
Kevinstat

« on: November 29, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »

Any way to form new states? I messed up on Rhode Island and can't recreate it. I don't want to have to start all over.

I think your maximum is 51 (the 50 plus making DC bigger).  It lets you get rid of states, though they keep 3 EV despite a population of 0.

And DC will stay at 3 EVs no matter how big it gets because of the constitutional limitation to no more EVs than the smallest state.  I haven't yet tried making every state plus DC big enough for 4 EVs to see if the app will then give DC an 4th EV (as it should).
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:29:37 PM »

Three county shifts that together give Clinton the win:
Lake County, Illinois to Wisconsin (flips Wisconsin)
Lucas County, Ohio to Michigan (flips Michigan)
Camden County, New Jersey to Pennsylvania (flips Pennsylvania)

Electoral vote: Clinton 280, Trump 258

Alternatively you could move New Castle County, Delaware to Pennsylvania instead of Camden County, but that flips Delaware to Trump (Hillary would still win the electoral vote 277-261) and makes Delaware the least populous state in the Union by far (and perhaps the smallest geographically, although probably not - but maybe if you count territorial waters where RI has area between the mainland and Block Island while central/southern Delaware would seem to have a fairly small sliver).
Kevinstat

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2016, 06:40:30 PM by Kevinstat »

Any way to form new states? I messed up on Rhode Island and can't recreate it. I don't want to have to start all over.

I think your maximum is 51 (the 50 plus making DC bigger).  It lets you get rid of states, though they keep 3 EV despite a population of 0.

And DC will stay at 3 EVs no matter how big it gets because of the constitutional limitation to no more EVs than the smallest state.  I haven't yet tried making every state plus DC big enough for 4 EVs to see if the app will then give DC an 4th EV (as it should).

Yeah, I just managed to make every state have at least 4 EVs, and also added Montgomery County, MD to DC to make it big enough for 4 EVs if not for the "no more than any state" limitation, and the app still gave DC just 3 EVs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies