The Southern Alliance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Southern Alliance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Southern Alliance  (Read 849 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

I would like to announce the creation of the Southern Alliance. A political party that welcomes all southern people of all beliefs.

Until a platform can be more formally drawn up when others join, here are the core goals of the SA:

1. Rename The South. The region deserves better than to be named after a simple direction on a map.
2. Abolish the states and replace them with provinces that are more uniquely Atlasian as opposed to American.
3. Continually push for greater autonomy for the regions.
4. Establish an embargo with the city of Cincinnati until the North formally issues an apology for the murder of Harambe.
5. Shamelessly take credit for all improvements made to the South from this point forward.

Join today!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:35:35 PM »

The Hammurabi Freedom Party stands against this cruel attack on our followers and beliefs.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »

2. Abolish the states and replace them with provinces that are more uniquely Atlasian as opposed to American.

I'm interested in seeing what this would be like. Would it involve renaming the existing state, like the Midwest did way back then? Or would it be something more drastic, like changing the boundaries?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »

I'm interested in seeing what this would be like. Would it involve renaming the existing state, like the Midwest did way back then? Or would it be something more drastic, like changing the boundaries?

I think ideally it would be starting from scratch and drawing our own lines with our own names.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

Xdfwlibertylover
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »

Welcome!

The movement rises!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »

I think ideally it would be starting from scratch and drawing our own lines with our own names.

Interesting. Part of me likes that idea, but I also fear that it would be confusing for newcomers. Also, if/when you do this, what happens to everybody's registration statuses? For example, what of one of the new province borders goes right through the middle of Georgia? What do you with the people who were registered there?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »

Interesting. Part of me likes that idea, but I also fear that it would be confusing for newcomers. Also, if/when you do this, what happens to everybody's registration statuses? For example, what of one of the new province borders goes right through the middle of Georgia? What do you with the people who were registered there?

I would like to think it could be as simple as updating your registration, and for those who are less active they are still in the same region so for practical purposes they would have all the time they need to update. This would require a bit of patience on whoever is handling registrations at the moment when the transition happens.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

x Kalwejt the GM
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »

The ACP is happy to collaborate with the Southern Party for the preservation of Southern heritage. However, we cannot support the redrawing of state boundaries in the south, as we believe that federalism is one of these core principles.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »

You might want to change your party abbreviation. Wink
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »

I would like to think it could be as simple as updating your registration, and for those who are less active they are still in the same region so for practical purposes they would have all the time they need to update. This would require a bit of patience on whoever is handling registrations at the moment when the transition happens.

Yeah, I suppose you are right about state registration not really mattering, at last for federal purposes.  Now, if your region decides to adopt a district system for elections or something along those lines, then you might have an issue. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 07:05:56 PM »

Welcome!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 07:36:15 PM »

x Southern "White Trash" Gothic (as observer)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

x Southern "White Trash" Gothic (as observer)

Thank you for your interest Smiley

I hope for this to be a diverse party and Southerners of all views are welcome.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »

Is this a regional or federal party?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 10:44:19 PM »

Is this a regional or federal party?
A federal party that is about regional interests.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »

Redrawing state boundaries is an interesting idea, but I would be worried that (a) it would needlessly confuse new player; and (b) doing so may be unconstitutional (as the current states are established by Article I of the Fourth Constitution). Potentially, (b) could be circumvented by a constitutional amendment.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »

Redrawing state boundaries is an interesting idea, but I would be worried that (a) it would needlessly confuse new player; and (b) doing so may be unconstitutional (as the current states are established by Article I of the Fourth Constitution). Potentially, (b) could be circumvented by a constitutional amendment.
it would require only the same level of research that new players should already put in when learning about the game. As far as constitutionality we would have no problem working with the Feds to pass the needed law to make it happen.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 03:07:27 AM »

Well in that case I'm sticking with the Federalists, but I'll join SG in observer status--presuming that is, indeed, an actual thing Tongue--as I agree with a lot of the party's goals.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »

The North will give you an apology for Harambe when you come up here and make us.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies