Two Counties Gave HRC her ENTIRE PV Plurality (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:45:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Two Counties Gave HRC her ENTIRE PV Plurality (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two Counties Gave HRC her ENTIRE PV Plurality  (Read 7944 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:30:56 AM »

Perhaps we could compromise by using the Mexican system to elect our president. In that, the candidate with the most votes wins, but every voter must show a photo ID proving their citizenship and eligibility to vote. Democrats get a popular vote. GOP gets voter ID. Sounds like a good compromise to me!
I could support this, provided we take the necessary steps to ensure that all voting age citizens receive a photo ID.

I could support that idea as well, despite my general strong stance against voter ID. If we established such a system with time to spare and had a strong proactive government to ensure everyone has easy access to free voter ID, I could accept some of the provisions that those on the right would like. The right gets voter ID, but we make it so that it is free and the government is proactive is giving it to all eligible voters. With that in place, there's not a reason for the right to oppose early voting, same-day registration, or automatic voter registration.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »

"Remove 15 million people (5%) from the country, and Trump is a winner!" - op

I'm glad someone finally said it. I love how so many of them want to spread so-called "American democracy" across the world. Unfortunately, it's an oxymoron and our best applications of democracy are parliamentary republics that look nothing like this country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies