How well would have Carly Fiorina been against Hillary Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:38:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How well would have Carly Fiorina been against Hillary Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How well would have Carly Fiorina been against Hillary Clinton?  (Read 564 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:40 PM »

I'd think it would have been another close one, but Hillary Clinton winning.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:20:52 PM »

we have tried generic democrat vs "failed rich person" before.

and i somewhat like carly.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:23:40 PM »

Why? She seemed to reek a mix of Donald Trump and Ben Carson in female form to me.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »

Why? She seemed to reek a mix of Donald Trump and Ben Carson in female form to me.

working trump takedowns at a time when everyone else was either ignoring or shunning him.

and i think, as a HRC fanboy, i have a thing for tragic, unfortunate female losers.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 05:53:20 AM »

working trump takedowns at a time when everyone else was either ignoring or shunning him.

That was something I noticed about her when she was prominent. I wonder why nobody followed her.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 06:50:15 AM »

She may have won.

Strengths:

1.  Outsider with exec experience at the highest levels. 

2.  Tremendous communicator.  Speech and debate skills enabled her to rise above a crowd.

3.  Female who would have done marginally better amongst college-educated females.

Liabilities:

1.  Massive War Hawk who projected as the World War III candidate. 

2.  Executive experience ended in her being forced out at Hewlett-Packard.

3.  Comes off as self-serving in ways Hillary comes off without the empathy Hillary is able to project in certain circumstances.

The wild card would have been how the corporate executive would have played with the WWC voters who Trump rode to victory.  She's a woman exec who can remind a WWC voter of the woman in the "power suit" who delivered the layoff notices at their last good job.  She's also shrill, and in a worse way than Hillary Clinton could be.  But she would have robbed Hillary of the "woman" argument, and there were, indeed, a percentage of women who voted for Hillary solely because of gender, who may not have voted for another Democrat, so it's hard to say.  The bottom line, here, is that Fiorina would have been a much better candidate that a slew of other candidates that were considered more formidable, but who, in retrospect, seemed out of place in this year's race.

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »

She would've won the PP and EC. Atlas hates her, but she's very good at speaking, very good atdebating, and we Underestimate how much Secretary Clinton's corruption would've mattered if Trump hadn't been the nominee. Hindsight isn't really 2020....it's often a more distorted  vision.  She might've even won by more than this.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »

fiorina pretty much has all of h. clinton's flaws, except stronger. but then, so did little donny…
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 10:43:10 PM »

She would've won the PP and EC. Atlas hates her, but she's very good at speaking, very good atdebating, and we Underestimate how much Secretary Clinton's corruption would've mattered if Trump hadn't been the nominee. Hindsight isn't really 2020....it's often a more distorted  vision.  She might've even won by more than this.

I'd say she could've gotten Wisconsin like Trump did, but she would've lost Colorado.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »

She's a very flawed candidate, but so were Hillary and Trump, so she could win. This election really was like two middle school softball teams made it to the World Series. One of them had to win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies