Your reaction of this is the GE result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:32:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Your reaction of this is the GE result
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your reaction of this is the GE result  (Read 1998 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 09:52:33 PM »

Yeah, laugh it up. I've lost faith in this state, but I've also learned not to trust polls or previous trends at all either.

So what's your analysis? Why do you think Trump took WI?

-sigh-, well, it's a number of things. One, there was a lot of backlash on Bernie not winning the nomination under the conditions in which he lost, particularly with the revelations of nepotism, favoritism, and institutional roadblocks that he had to face. A chunk of her potential support stayed home or protest voted. These people were largely outside of the Dane and Milwaukee county areas and account for the massive swing everywhere else.

Then there are the original Bernie supporters who just wanted a change candidate and voted for Trump because he took on that mantle in the GE. I personally know some of these people (or, at least I thought I knew them).

Then, there were WWC voters who were disaffected due to what they believed about the ACA and saw Clinton as worse than Trump and pulled the levers for him at the end of the day to see how things went.

Then, there is that Trump performed at the margins that he needed to in the WOW area. I don't know much about these, but I presumed they came out for Johnson and decided to vote for Trump in the end.

Then, there is the hole that Wisconsin has been going into for a good number of years (just look at the local politics, and you'll see). The politics in this state have been changing for the worse in my opinion.

Lastly, there is the fact that Clinton and her campaign took the state for granted and let this happen (something I thought would happen eventually, but not in this decade).

All of this factored into the perfect storm for Trump to very narrowly pull a win and for me to finally lose faith in what this state was.
Mike67
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »

If the colors of that map would have been reversed it would have been very accurate
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 10:13:10 PM »

Five states were off, and two(PA and NH) were very barely off. That's much closer to the actual result than thought possible.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 01:32:10 AM »

Five states were off, and two(PA and NH) were very barely off. That's much closer to the actual result than thought possible.

Six were off. VA, PA, NH, LA, KY, WV. But it had the winner correct.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:23 AM »

Six were off. VA, PA, NH, LA, KY, WV. But it had the winner correct.

KY can be chalked up to having a Republican caucus and a Democratic primary.  Also, West Virginia can be explained by having taken place after the GOP nomination was over.  So, there really only were four misses.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies