What caused PA to slighly tighten just now? Trump margin fell 6k.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:57:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What caused PA to slighly tighten just now? Trump margin fell 6k.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What caused PA to slighly tighten just now? Trump margin fell 6k.  (Read 2327 times)
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 12:25:14 AM »

Now Trump margin downs to 44,3k ...since EN, Clinton gained 82k and him 58k...now he has an advantage of 0.73, with 0.5 an authomatic recount is triggered...would be interesting to know how many ballots are still to be counted...

15 provisional ballots are left to be counted, according to a spokesperson for the PA Bureau of Elections.

15 as in 15 or 15k?

15 as in one more than 14. Not hundred, not thousand, just 15.

I know.

15 Putin backed ballots. Hillary won this election if you ask me.
mistertheplague
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:15 AM »

The word here in Pennsylvania was that Stein's effort was never intended to flip the EV to Clinton, or to try and tie up PA's EV before the federal deadline. Even if Trump were denied the EVs of WI, MI, and PA, he'd still have an electoral vote majority over Clinton. The play, apparently, was to use our unbelievably weird voter-initiated precinct recount laws to get the statewide margin below the state's automatic recount trigger.

At that point, as part of a required statewide recount, state officials would have to open up our 20th Century voting machines for forensic audit -- or so the thinking has gone. Personally, I think our officials would eat nails before letting the taxpayers see what a sh**t show our voting infrastructure is, since there's no money to replace it, but I digress.

PA's automatic recount is triggered when a 0.5% difference *of all the votes cast statewide for a particular office* separates the election-night winner from their nearest opponent. As it stands, that margin is 30,577. Trump's current MOV is 44,307.

Unless a Bush-appointed federal district judge orders PA to conduct a statewide recount 5 days before the federal deadline, the show is ovah ...
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

306 - 20 - 16 - 10 = 260
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »

306 - 20 - 16 - 10 = 260

Depends on if they flipped to Clinton or if they were simply not allowed to vote due to missing the deadline.
mistertheplague
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »

306 - 20 - 16 - 10 = 260

Depends on if they flipped to Clinton or if they were simply not allowed to vote due to missing the deadline.

Correct. The Constitution requires an EV majority, not 270
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »

Now Trump margin downs to 44,3k ...since EN, Clinton gained 82k and him 58k...now he has an advantage of 0.73, with 0.5 an authomatic recount is triggered...would be interesting to know how many ballots are still to be counted...

15 provisional ballots are left to be counted, according to a spokesperson for the PA Bureau of Elections.

15 as in 15 or 15k?

15 as in one more than 14. Not hundred, not thousand, just 15.

I know.

15 Putin backed ballots. Hillary won this election if you ask me.

Stage 1 - Denial.

Stage 2 - Anger.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies