Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Should Republicans be gloating over Trump defeating "Inevitable" Hillary?
Yes, until we are unbearable

Yes, but not to the point of being annoying

Yes, in moderation

No, we should show restraint

No, we should be considerate of the distraught Democrats

No, we should show compassion for the losing side

Other, please specify

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?  (Read 3518 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 01:34:42 PM »

Some Republicans deserve to gloat more than others.

Winfield, for example, you spent the entire election season calling Trump the death of the GOP. And now that Trump won, are now acting as smug as the forum's dedicated deplorables.

Ah, at last, someone who recognizes that I did in fact launch many scathing denunciations of Trump.

But I also launched many scathing denunciations of Hillary as well.

I, like many Republicans, did not approve in the least of many of the actions or with many of the things Trump actually said, however, the party is wise to come together.  There will be times of disagreement of course, but for the sake of the nation, it is better to be united rather than divided.

So after the Democrats smug and arrogant behavior during the campaign that Hillary was "inevitable," give us Republicans a short time to gloat, or to celebrate this hard fought victory.

I fully realize that there will be ups and downs over the coming weeks, months, and years, but it is better to be united as a party and as a nation rather than divided.

As the greatest President once said, "A nation divided against itself cannot stand."

Sorry buddy, but this nation is as divided as it was in 1859. Unity is dead.

Now that has got to be one of the most pessimistic outlooks for the future of America that I have ever seen.

You clearly have no hope for the future of America.

I, on the other hand, look forward to the future with hope and optimism.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 04:16:18 PM »

what y'alls're gloating about is the destruction and/or end of countless actual lives. friendly reminder.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »

what y'alls're gloating about is the destruction and/or end of countless actual lives. friendly reminder.
We don't care. It's us or them, and we're putting America first for once.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

And we are putting America to work again.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 05:27:05 PM »

We don't care.

oh, i know you don't
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 07:37:24 PM »

I'm glad the Blue Avatars are letting the white nationalist speak for them.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 08:32:37 PM »

I'm glad the Blue Avatars are letting the white nationalist honest, every day, hard working, tax paying, people who love America speak for them.

Corrected.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 08:49:52 PM »

They should gloat a little bit.

I'll gloat just to the point of reminding how smug so many of the red avatars were.  How some of them were personally nasty and tried to run me off, along with some other folks.  How they didn't think about the fact that there's a reason folks go out and "play the game", whether it be football or elections.

I'm happy that some folks here were gravely disappointed.  Some were snotty and nasty on a personal level.  And the folks that called me racist, sexist, etc., well, I'll gloat over the fact that you folks are gravely disappointed.  Such behavior was, and is, uncalled for, and while many of the folks who have called me (and others who supported Trump on this forum) racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. simply because of our Presidential choice lack the humility to examine themselves and apologize for that, the simple fact that their angst will rise every time they hear "President Trump" on TV or radio will be a source of satisfaction for me.  "The Lord delights in just verdicts."  Perhaps their angst is my just verdict in the face of unwarranted personal attacks.  (I'll still think this even if Trump goes South and I end up disapproving of him.)

But, no, I won't rub folks' face in it.  Hillary won the popular vote, and there is something to be said for that.  Trump lost the popular vote because he took "Being Trump" to the extreme, but he might not have won the electoral vote if he hadn't.  The GOP took both Houses of Congress, but they lost seats in each, and they lost the Nevada Legislature (both houses), so the election had something for everyone.  

As time goes by, I think that Trump, and only Trump, could have beaten Hillary Clinton.  I believe that had one of the Plaid Brothers (Kasich, Rubio, even Cruz) had run, they well may have won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral Vote.  They would have run up margins in Republican states, but they wouldn't have expanded the map as Trump did.  Trump "traded" extra voters in GA, TX, and AZ for voters in MI, WI, and PA.  His allocation of support was far more efficient than Clinton's, and I attribute this to far shrewder campaign strategy and political insight.

Trump winning doesn't change the fact that you are a repugnant individual who had no problem voting for a literal sexual predator.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 09:18:43 PM »

I'll gloat just to the point of reminding how smug so many of the red avatars were.  How some of them were personally nasty and tried to run me off, along with some other folks.  How they didn't think about the fact that there's a reason folks go out and "play the game", whether it be football or elections.

I'm happy that some folks here were gravely disappointed.  Some were snotty and nasty on a personal level.  And the folks that called me racist, sexist, etc., well, I'll gloat over the fact that you folks are gravely disappointed.  Such behavior was, and is, uncalled for, and while many of the folks who have called me (and others who supported Trump on this forum) racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. simply because of our Presidential choice lack the humility to examine themselves and apologize for that, the simple fact that their angst will rise every time they hear "President Trump" on TV or radio will be a source of satisfaction for me.  "The Lord delights in just verdicts."  Perhaps their angst is my just verdict in the face of unwarranted personal attacks.  (I'll still think this even if Trump goes South and I end up disapproving of him.)

But, no, I won't rub folks' face in it.  Hillary won the popular vote, and there is something to be said for that.  Trump lost the popular vote because he took "Being Trump" to the extreme, but he might not have won the electoral vote if he hadn't.  The GOP took both Houses of Congress, but they lost seats in each, and they lost the Nevada Legislature (both houses), so the election had something for everyone.  

As time goes by, I think that Trump, and only Trump, could have beaten Hillary Clinton.  I believe that had one of the Plaid Brothers (Kasich, Rubio, even Cruz) had run, they well may have won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral Vote.  They would have run up margins in Republican states, but they wouldn't have expanded the map as Trump did.  Trump "traded" extra voters in GA, TX, and AZ for voters in MI, WI, and PA.  His allocation of support was far more efficient than Clinton's, and I attribute this to far shrewder campaign strategy and political insight.

Trump winning doesn't change the fact that you are a repugnant individual who had no problem voting for a literal sexual predator.

Come on. Donald friggin' Trump is the president of the United States of America, and we're still here? With the deplorables? What will it take?

People vote based on a combination of different factors. There is no single one factor that suddenly blacks out the sun of every other consideration. For example, we would all vote for a racist, sexual predator if it was 99% certain that the other candidate was going to start a nuclear war, wouldn't we?  Better distaste than slaughter. That wasn't the choice here, but it shows that there's no one disqualifying factor that is absolutely invincible.
Panda Express

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 09:24:31 PM »

I know you guys were desperate for a win but boy, did you sure make a deal with the devil to get your victory. Donald Trump is a terrible person and you own what happens now. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »

Of course you would resort to personal insults.

What else would one expect from you, being such a big time loser.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2016, 12:23:25 AM by Lincoln Republican »

This is lame and making Republicans sound like "sore winners."  

I think you should be happy that you won as an underdog.  But gloating a month later over what doesn't appear to be a mandate at all...

I would keep in mind that 2.5 million+ more people voted for the other side.  To put that in perspective, that's like the entire vote total from Washington DC x 9.  All voting residents of 9 major cities all voting against your candidate.  That was Clinton's margin.

Or basically the entire Trump vote of Montana (280K), Idaho (409K), North Dakota (217K), South Dakota (228K), Wyoming (175K), West Virginia (489K), Utah (515K) and possibly Nebraska (495K).

The fact of the matter is that the GOP has a natural advantage at all levels of government because of how their vote is distributed widely across rural and exurban areas and states.  

My prediction.. this disparity will continue to grow as the country slowly but surely urbanizes.  I could definitely envision future elections where democrats win by 5-10 million votes and still just barely lose the electoral college.  The more Republicans gloat, the more the plurality of the population that isn't that into the GOP will take notice of this.  When the pendulum swings back to Democrats they will probably take measures that will ensure this kind of disparity doesn't continue... such as redistricting, giving DC voting rights, etc. etc.  So rather than gloating, I'd just be happy that your candidate won despite losing the popular vote by a firm amount.

On quit trying to make like the popular vote margin is so detailed and complicated.

We all know Hillary won the popular vote only due to her lopsided margin in California on the Left Coast.  
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2016, 07:53:31 AM by Malcolm X »

Come on. Donald friggin' Trump is the president of the United States of America, and we're still here? With the deplorables? What will it take?

People vote based on a combination of different factors. There is no single one factor that suddenly blacks out the sun of every other consideration. For example, we would all vote for a racist, sexual predator if it was 99% certain that the other candidate was going to start a nuclear war, wouldn't we?  Better distaste than slaughter. That wasn't the choice here, but it shows that there's no one disqualifying factor that is absolutely invincible.

Believe me, I know there are a combination of factors.  It drives me crazy how many times I've had to explain to other Democrats that this "if those dumb hicks knew what was good for them" style elitism is both gross and extremely counter-productive.  I get why someone from West Virginia would vote straight-ticket Republican.  The Democrats wanting to essentially kill the coal industry is fine (I'm all for that), but we've made no effort to say what we'd do to give folks in Appalachia an alternative way to support their families.  No one talks about raising taxes to fund programs to train coal-miners so they can work in other types of jobs, for example.  Furthermore, Democrats often look down their noses at folks from such areas.

That said, there are definitely plenty of folks who are simply racists, sexists, partisan hacks, or selfish people etc and they should be called out as such.  I was referring to Fuzzy Bear specifically (although it should really give all Trump voters pause that they voted for a literal sexual predator who embodies the worst America has to offer).  I think Fuzzy Bear is simply such a Republican hack that he'd blindly vote for a sex predator (and proved as much).  It was disgusting to hear him rant and rave about the e-mails while acting as though Trump's pattern of sexual assault (the man bragged about it on tape for crying out loud) was simply much ado about nothing.  

Lastly, this election was one of those rare times where one side was truly evil.  Trump is a racist, sexist, hate-mongering, crooked, authoritarian, greedy, proudly ignorant, Jew-baiting, Islamophobic, egomaniacal sex predator.  I understand that it is all too easy for good people to get caught up in something evil, but there's a middle ground between looking down your nose at anyone who is a member of the WWC and being too scared of offending somebody to criticize any of Trump's supporters.  That wimpy roll-over-and-play-dead routine didn't work in 2004 and it won't work now either.

Strangely enough, I'm not looking for your approval.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:08 AM »

I am definately not a Republican, so I voted "other".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »

Why not wait and see, 1/20/17 is not far off. Wait until then to gloat, please, since we don't know what exactly will happen before that, although it is not unreasonable to make predictions.
elcorazon

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 10:57:28 AM »

I'm probably going to lose steam soon, but yea, after how the Clinton cult acted here they need to be reminded that the American people chewed them up and spit them out. Daily.

Again, we won the popular vote so not true.

Again, you lost the election. California and New York can't save you from the incoming TRUMPslide.
Let's not forget the other 19 states Clinton won and the many many voters in Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, etc. who voted for Hillary. The election was won by Trump. There was NO landslide. There hasn't really been a landslide frankly since Reagan in 1984 although the first Bush and both Clinton elections were pretty significant victories. Obama's 2008 win was very solid, too, but certainly not a landslide, in my opinion.

Gloating, frankly is unseemly. I didn't vote as I'm not a Republican, but I am nearly certain no victor has ever gloated as Trump already is. Not Reagan, not Bush, not Clinton and certainly not Obama, who met with McCain right away and worked with him. Trump is truly a horrible person and it's a sad state we are in that he will be President. I hope he stops gloating just so that he can make some attempt to govern and stop acting childish.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2016, 11:07:56 AM »

I'll gloat just to the point of reminding how smug so many of the red avatars were.  How some of them were personally nasty and tried to run me off, along with some other folks.  How they didn't think about the fact that there's a reason folks go out and "play the game", whether it be football or elections.

I'm happy that some folks here were gravely disappointed.  Some were snotty and nasty on a personal level.  And the folks that called me racist, sexist, etc., well, I'll gloat over the fact that you folks are gravely disappointed.  Such behavior was, and is, uncalled for, and while many of the folks who have called me (and others who supported Trump on this forum) racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. simply because of our Presidential choice lack the humility to examine themselves and apologize for that, the simple fact that their angst will rise every time they hear "President Trump" on TV or radio will be a source of satisfaction for me.  "The Lord delights in just verdicts."  Perhaps their angst is my just verdict in the face of unwarranted personal attacks.  (I'll still think this even if Trump goes South and I end up disapproving of him.)

But, no, I won't rub folks' face in it.  Hillary won the popular vote, and there is something to be said for that.  Trump lost the popular vote because he took "Being Trump" to the extreme, but he might not have won the electoral vote if he hadn't.  The GOP took both Houses of Congress, but they lost seats in each, and they lost the Nevada Legislature (both houses), so the election had something for everyone. 

As time goes by, I think that Trump, and only Trump, could have beaten Hillary Clinton.  I believe that had one of the Plaid Brothers (Kasich, Rubio, even Cruz) had run, they well may have won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral Vote.  They would have run up margins in Republican states, but they wouldn't have expanded the map as Trump did.  Trump "traded" extra voters in GA, TX, and AZ for voters in MI, WI, and PA.  His allocation of support was far more efficient than Clinton's, and I attribute this to far shrewder campaign strategy and political insight.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »

Some Republicans deserve to gloat more than others.

Winfield, for example, you spent the entire election season calling Trump the death of the GOP. And now that Trump won, are now acting as smug as the forum's dedicated deplorables.

Ah, at last, someone who recognizes that I did in fact launch many scathing denunciations of Trump.

But I also launched many scathing denunciations of Hillary as well.

I, like many Republicans, did not approve in the least of many of the actions or with many of the things Trump actually said, however, the party is wise to come together.  There will be times of disagreement of course, but for the sake of the nation, it is better to be united rather than divided.

So after the Democrats smug and arrogant behavior during the campaign that Hillary was "inevitable," give us Republicans a short time to gloat, or to celebrate this hard fought victory.

I fully realize that there will be ups and downs over the coming weeks, months, and years, but it is better to be united as a party and as a nation rather than divided.

As the greatest President once said, "A nation divided against itself cannot stand."

Sorry buddy, but this nation is as divided as it was in 1859. Unity is dead.

Now that has got to be one of the most pessimistic outlooks for the future of America that I have ever seen.

You clearly have no hope for the future of America.

I, on the other hand, look forward to the future with hope and optimism.

Get back to me two years from today.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2016, 04:04:31 PM »

The devastation and defeat of America, under the leadership of President Pussygrabber and his Axis of Awful. Just like in Germany, it will only be after he's defeated, discredited (and probably dead) that we will see "blue avatars" and their real world equivalents telling us all how they were never Trumpers, and how awful Trump was, and how they never really supported him.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »

I know you guys were desperate for a win but boy, did you sure make a deal with the devil to get your victory. Donald Trump is a terrible person and you own what happens now. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »

The republicans should not gloat.

They came into the election divided with a large majority of senior members haring on Trump.

You can only pat yourself on the back when you have achieved something.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »

We should gloat. Specifically, we should gloat over all the predictions that Donald Trump won't win, and, can't win.  We should gloat until the euphoria wears off, maybe sometime in January, which is well beyond the "unbearable" level, which to many intolerant liberals is merely our very existence.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »

We should gloat. Specifically, we should gloat over all the predictions that Donald Trump won't win, and, can't win.  We should gloat until the euphoria wears off, maybe sometime in January, which is well beyond the "unbearable" level, which to many intolerant liberals is merely our very existence.
As long as I can get an abortion, marry a man, and smoke weed, I'm fine.

Then again, Republicans oppose all three or at least two of the three.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2016, 03:24:50 AM »

which is well beyond the "unbearable" level, which to many intolerant liberals is merely our very existence.

as a multiply lgbt+ person, i gotta say this is some top-shelf hypocrisy
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2016, 09:12:54 AM »

People vote based on a combination of different factors. There is no single one factor that suddenly blacks out the sun of every other consideration. For example, we would all vote for a racist, sexual predator if it was 99% certain that the other candidate was going to start a nuclear war, wouldn't we?  Better distaste than slaughter. That wasn't the choice here, but it shows that there's no one disqualifying factor that is absolutely invincible.

Believe me, I know there are a combination of factors.  It drives me crazy how many times I've had to explain to other Democrats that this "if those dumb hicks knew what was good for them" style elitism is both gross and extremely counter-productive.  I get why someone from West Virginia would vote straight-ticket Republican.  The Democrats wanting to essentially kill the coal industry is fine (I'm all for that), but we've made no effort to say what we'd do to give folks in Appalachia an alternative way to support their families.  No one talks about raising taxes to fund programs to train coal-miners so they can work in other types of jobs, for example.  Furthermore, Democrats often look down their noses at folks from such areas.

That said, there are definitely plenty of folks who are simply racists, sexists, partisan hacks, or selfish people etc and they should be called out as such.  I was referring to Fuzzy Bear specifically (although it should really give all Trump voters pause that they voted for a literal sexual predator who embodies the worst America has to offer).  I think Fuzzy Bear is simply such a Republican hack that he'd blindly vote for a sex predator (and proved as much).  It was disgusting to hear him rant and rave about the e-mails while acting as though Trump's pattern of sexual assault (the man bragged about it on tape for crying out loud) was simply much ado about nothing.  

Lastly, this election was one of those rare times where one side was truly evil.  Trump is a racist, sexist, hate-mongering, crooked, authoritarian, greedy, proudly ignorant, Jew-baiting, Islamophobic, egomaniacal sex predator.  I understand that it is all too easy for good people to get caught up in something evil, but there's a middle ground between looking down your nose at anyone who is a member of the WWC and being too scared of offending somebody to criticize any of Trump's supporters.  That wimpy roll-over-and-play-dead routine didn't work in 2004 and it won't work now either.

Strangely enough, I'm not looking for your approval.

And I'm not looking for yours.

But I will call you out on your crap.  Donald Trump has never been charged with a crime.  "Sexual Predator" is a legal designation for a certain type of criminal, and not just a term folks can throw around. 

As for being a Republican Hack, I've voted for Obama in 2012, Kerry in 2004, and Bill Clinton twice.  I'm an independent voter, but I am a registered Republican who votes in every primary, so I am part of that constituency; hence, my blue avatar.  Other folks know this.  I've posted this many times.  Perhaps this was convenient to forget when an insult was to be delivered.

If we're going to play the allegation game, however, let's not forget that Hillary Clinton actively worked to trash the reputations of the women who came forth with allegations that Bill Clinton sexually abused them.  Juanita Broaddrick.  Kathleen Willey.  And she did so not for Bill's career, but for her own hoped-for career.  Hillary trashed alleged victims, something she, herself, stated should never occur (until people called her on this, upon which, her quote disappeared from her website).   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies