Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:47:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Should Republicans be gloating over Trump defeating "Inevitable" Hillary?
Yes, until we are unbearable

Yes, but not to the point of being annoying

Yes, in moderation

No, we should show restraint

No, we should be considerate of the distraught Democrats

No, we should show compassion for the losing side

Other, please specify

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?  (Read 3523 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »

They should gloat a little bit.

I'll gloat just to the point of reminding how smug so many of the red avatars were.  How some of them were personally nasty and tried to run me off, along with some other folks.  How they didn't think about the fact that there's a reason folks go out and "play the game", whether it be football or elections.

I'm happy that some folks here were gravely disappointed.  Some were snotty and nasty on a personal level.  And the folks that called me racist, sexist, etc., well, I'll gloat over the fact that you folks are gravely disappointed.  Such behavior was, and is, uncalled for, and while many of the folks who have called me (and others who supported Trump on this forum) racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. simply because of our Presidential choice lack the humility to examine themselves and apologize for that, the simple fact that their angst will rise every time they hear "President Trump" on TV or radio will be a source of satisfaction for me.  "The Lord delights in just verdicts."  Perhaps their angst is my just verdict in the face of unwarranted personal attacks.  (I'll still think this even if Trump goes South and I end up disapproving of him.)

But, no, I won't rub folks' face in it.  Hillary won the popular vote, and there is something to be said for that.  Trump lost the popular vote because he took "Being Trump" to the extreme, but he might not have won the electoral vote if he hadn't.  The GOP took both Houses of Congress, but they lost seats in each, and they lost the Nevada Legislature (both houses), so the election had something for everyone.  

As time goes by, I think that Trump, and only Trump, could have beaten Hillary Clinton.  I believe that had one of the Plaid Brothers (Kasich, Rubio, even Cruz) had run, they well may have won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral Vote.  They would have run up margins in Republican states, but they wouldn't have expanded the map as Trump did.  Trump "traded" extra voters in GA, TX, and AZ for voters in MI, WI, and PA.  His allocation of support was far more efficient than Clinton's, and I attribute this to far shrewder campaign strategy and political insight.

Trump winning doesn't change the fact that you are a repugnant individual who had no problem voting for a literal sexual predator.

Come on. Donald friggin' Trump is the president of the United States of America, and we're still here? With the deplorables? What will it take?

People vote based on a combination of different factors. There is no single one factor that suddenly blacks out the sun of every other consideration. For example, we would all vote for a racist, sexual predator if it was 99% certain that the other candidate was going to start a nuclear war, wouldn't we?  Better distaste than slaughter. That wasn't the choice here, but it shows that there's no one disqualifying factor that is absolutely invincible.

Believe me, I know there are a combination of factors.  It drives me crazy how many times I've had to explain to other Democrats that this "if those dumb hicks knew what was good for them" style elitism is both gross and extremely counter-productive.  I get why someone from West Virginia would vote straight-ticket Republican.  The Democrats wanting to essentially kill the coal industry is fine (I'm all for that), but we've made no effort to say what we'd do to give folks in Appalachia an alternative way to support their families.  No one talks about raising taxes to fund programs to train coal-miners so they can work in other types of jobs, for example.  Furthermore, Democrats often look down their noses at folks from such areas.

That said, there are definitely plenty of folks who are simply racists, sexists, partisan hacks, or selfish people etc and they should be called out as such.  I was referring to Fuzzy Bear specifically (although it should really give all Trump voters pause that they voted for a literal sexual predator who embodies the worst America has to offer).  I think Fuzzy Bear is simply such a Republican hack that he'd blindly vote for a sex predator (and proved as much).  It was disgusting to hear him rant and rave about the e-mails while acting as though Trump's pattern of sexual assault (the man bragged about it on tape for crying out loud) was simply much ado about nothing.  

Lastly, this election was one of those rare times where one side was truly evil.  Trump is a racist, sexist, hate-mongering, crooked, authoritarian, greedy, proudly ignorant, Jew-baiting, Islamophobic, egomaniacal sex predator.  I understand that it is all too easy for good people to get caught up in something evil, but there's a middle ground between looking down your nose at anyone who is a member of the WWC and being too scared of offending somebody to criticize any of Trump's supporters.  That wimpy roll-over-and-play-dead routine didn't work in 2004 and it won't work now either.

They should gloat a little bit.

I'll gloat just to the point of reminding how smug so many of the red avatars were.  How some of them were personally nasty and tried to run me off, along with some other folks.  How they didn't think about the fact that there's a reason folks go out and "play the game", whether it be football or elections.

I'm happy that some folks here were gravely disappointed.  Some were snotty and nasty on a personal level.  And the folks that called me racist, sexist, etc., well, I'll gloat over the fact that you folks are gravely disappointed.  Such behavior was, and is, uncalled for, and while many of the folks who have called me (and others who supported Trump on this forum) racists, sexists, homophobes, etc. simply because of our Presidential choice lack the humility to examine themselves and apologize for that, the simple fact that their angst will rise every time they hear "President Trump" on TV or radio will be a source of satisfaction for me.  "The Lord delights in just verdicts."  Perhaps their angst is my just verdict in the face of unwarranted personal attacks.  (I'll still think this even if Trump goes South and I end up disapproving of him.)

But, no, I won't rub folks' face in it.  Hillary won the popular vote, and there is something to be said for that.  Trump lost the popular vote because he took "Being Trump" to the extreme, but he might not have won the electoral vote if he hadn't.  The GOP took both Houses of Congress, but they lost seats in each, and they lost the Nevada Legislature (both houses), so the election had something for everyone.  

As time goes by, I think that Trump, and only Trump, could have beaten Hillary Clinton.  I believe that had one of the Plaid Brothers (Kasich, Rubio, even Cruz) had run, they well may have won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral Vote.  They would have run up margins in Republican states, but they wouldn't have expanded the map as Trump did.  Trump "traded" extra voters in GA, TX, and AZ for voters in MI, WI, and PA.  His allocation of support was far more efficient than Clinton's, and I attribute this to far shrewder campaign strategy and political insight.

Trump winning doesn't change the fact that you are a repugnant individual who had no problem voting for a literal sexual predator.

Of course you would resort to personal insults.

What else would one expect from you, being such a big time loser.

Strangely enough, I'm not looking for your approval.

And I'm not looking for yours.

But I will call you out on your crap.  Donald Trump has never been charged with a crime.  "Sexual Predator" is a legal designation for a certain type of criminal, and not just a term folks can throw around.  

As for being a Republican Hack, I've voted for Obama in 2012, Kerry in 2004, and Bill Clinton twice.  I'm an independent voter, but I am a registered Republican who votes in every primary, so I am part of that constituency; hence, my blue avatar.  Other folks know this.  I've posted this many times.  Perhaps this was convenient to forget when an insult was to be delivered.

If we're going to play the allegation game, however, let's not forget that Hillary Clinton actively worked to trash the reputations of the women who came forth with allegations that Bill Clinton sexually abused them.  Juanita Broaddrick.  Kathleen Willey.  And she did so not for Bill's career, but for her own hoped-for career.  Hillary trashed alleged victims, something she, herself, stated should never occur (until people called her on this, upon which, her quote disappeared from her website).  

Juanita Broaddrick signed a sworn affidavit indicating that Bill Clinton never raped or sexually harassed her and denied in a 1999 interview that Hillary ever tried to silence her.  Kathleen Willey's allegations have also been widely discredited.  Thanks for playing though Smiley  Incidentally, I do think Clinton should've been removed from office for perjury before a grand jury (the perjury charge that went to the Senate) and probably obstruction of justice.  

And yes, Donald Trump is a sexual predator; denying the facts won't change them.  

Regarding your voting history, I was honestly unaware of that.  Of course, it doesn't change the fact that you were constantly going on and on about Hillary's e-mails while supporting a sexual predator for President.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »

While the occasional gloat is nice, I don't try to talk about the election too much since it annoys my peers and it becomes more interesting when it is only brought up occasionally (and even then, only Trump supporters will want to discuss it).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies