Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Republicans be gloating over Trump defeating "Inevitable" Hillary?
Yes, until we are unbearable

Yes, but not to the point of being annoying

Yes, in moderation

No, we should show restraint

No, we should be considerate of the distraught Democrats

No, we should show compassion for the losing side

Other, please specify

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Poll for Republicans: Should Republicans be gloating?  (Read 3566 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:58:02 PM »

The wheel always turns full circle.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »

Some Republicans deserve to gloat more than others.

Winfield, for example, you spent the entire election season calling Trump the death of the GOP. And now that Trump won, are now acting as smug as the forum's dedicated deplorables.

Ah, at last, someone who recognizes that I did in fact launch many scathing denunciations of Trump.

But I also launched many scathing denunciations of Hillary as well.

I, like many Republicans, did not approve in the least of many of the actions or with many of the things Trump actually said, however, the party is wise to come together.  There will be times of disagreement of course, but for the sake of the nation, it is better to be united rather than divided.

So after the Democrats smug and arrogant behavior during the campaign that Hillary was "inevitable," give us Republicans a short time to gloat, or to celebrate this hard fought victory.

I fully realize that there will be ups and downs over the coming weeks, months, and years, but it is better to be united as a party and as a nation rather than divided.

As the greatest President once said, "A nation divided against itself cannot stand."

Sorry buddy, but this nation is as divided as it was in 1859. Unity is dead.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »

Some Republicans deserve to gloat more than others.

Winfield, for example, you spent the entire election season calling Trump the death of the GOP. And now that Trump won, are now acting as smug as the forum's dedicated deplorables.

Ah, at last, someone who recognizes that I did in fact launch many scathing denunciations of Trump.

But I also launched many scathing denunciations of Hillary as well.

I, like many Republicans, did not approve in the least of many of the actions or with many of the things Trump actually said, however, the party is wise to come together.  There will be times of disagreement of course, but for the sake of the nation, it is better to be united rather than divided.

So after the Democrats smug and arrogant behavior during the campaign that Hillary was "inevitable," give us Republicans a short time to gloat, or to celebrate this hard fought victory.

I fully realize that there will be ups and downs over the coming weeks, months, and years, but it is better to be united as a party and as a nation rather than divided.

As the greatest President once said, "A nation divided against itself cannot stand."

Sorry buddy, but this nation is as divided as it was in 1859. Unity is dead.

Now that has got to be one of the most pessimistic outlooks for the future of America that I have ever seen.

You clearly have no hope for the future of America.

I, on the other hand, look forward to the future with hope and optimism.

Get back to me two years from today.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »

We should gloat. Specifically, we should gloat over all the predictions that Donald Trump won't win, and, can't win.  We should gloat until the euphoria wears off, maybe sometime in January, which is well beyond the "unbearable" level, which to many intolerant liberals is merely our very existence.
As long as I can get an abortion, marry a man, and smoke weed, I'm fine.

Then again, Republicans oppose all three or at least two of the three.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies