Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy  (Read 5902 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: December 03, 2016, 11:27:05 PM »

Democrats can definitely keep looking at states like AZ, GA, and NC, but that shouldn't be at the expense of states like MI, PA, and WI. Those states are not at all gone for Democrats, as Obama got more votes than Trump in all three (and even Romney got more votes than Trump in WI!) There are definitely voters in these states that Democrats can win back, as well as people who didn't turn out to vote this year who Democrats could win over.

Those states can be won back by having Trump super unpopular.

I do not think MI or especially WI are coming back.  PA can be won back rather easily, though.

Obama did better in NC, IN, and FL when he was elected than Trump did in MI, WI, and PA respectively. Did those states ever came back?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:03:42 PM »

Yeah.  That's pretty accurate.  Though I'd add Pennsylvania to the list of targets.

I would add Michigan too since it was Trump narrowest win. Also if the Mississippi Delta has taught us anything is that no matter how bad the economy tanks black people are the last to leave.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies