Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:10:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southeast and Southwest democrats strategy  (Read 5912 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« on: December 03, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »

The more democrats boast of how they will inevitably win as old whites die off and immigrants pour in, the more whites will embrace identity politics of their own, like every other race does. Trump won voters who listed immigration as their top concern 2:1. If this is the democrat strategy, more and more people will see immigration as the issue that decides all others, which would help nationalists like Trump, even as they don't focus on it as a racial issue.

In the long run, I think this realignment is inevitable, but I think the democrats will lose in 2020 for sure if they try to win with a strategy of simply mobilizing Latinos and taking red states like FL, AZ, GA, and TX. After all, they couldn't even win Florida and Arizona against Trump, which begs the question of whether Latinos are really single issue voters who only care about amnesty. I always thought that was a lazy assumption and it turned out to be incorrect. If Trump handles the economy well (and that is a big if) I can't see Latinos voting more against him in 2020 than 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies