Place for Trump voters to repent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Place for Trump voters to repent
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Place for Trump voters to repent  (Read 2953 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

I stopped reading after you called Senator Sessions racist. I know Sessions chief handler, have met the senator multiple times, had breakfast with the senator, my aunt knows the senator and worked with his campaign, and I talked to him at great length at the RNC. He is incredibly humble and kind. He is a great man. Please. Stop. Defaming. Him.
typical reäctionary, getting triggered by uncomfortable truths
Typical partisan. Defaming and claiming slander as truth.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

Well you seem to still support him despite him not doing what you think he was doing, which was the point of my previous post. And I don't believe the reasons you stated were why most Trump supporters voted the way they did. That might have been why you voted the way you did, but the reason most Trump supporters voted for him was because they felt Trump cared about them, not out of hate for others (though they did not like Crooked Hillary).

This is an interesting statement, given how much Hillary and her base dislike Trump voters. I believe Hillary described half of them as irreedeemable deploraples. And the thing with that is all 100% of them are going to think Hillary thinks they are one of the bad ones.

You people don't like them. Why the hell would they like you?

Link

Nearly six-in-ten registered voters who back Clinton (58%) say they have a “hard time” respecting someone who supports Trump for president
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »

The "respect" question from Pew always bothered me. If you say you "have no trouble respecting" people of a certain opinion, it sounds sort of like a compliment. But on the other hand if you say you "have a hard time" respecting them, it sounds like an insult. There's no neutral option. My view of Trump supporters as such is neither respect nor disrespect.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »

This thread is based on the premise that the majority of Trump's voters voted for him because of his faults while most people voted for him in spite of his faults.

You voted for a rapist. Own it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »

You'll need it when you see the error of your ways.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »

This thread is based on the premise that the majority of Trump's voters voted for him because of his faults while most people voted for him in spite of his faults.

You lost.

Get over it.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »

You lost.

Get over it.
Panda Express

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »

This is the best topic you've ever made, Wulfric.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »

Who has the Presidency?
Who has the Vice Presidency?
Who has the U.S. Senate?
Who has the U.S. House of Representatives?

Who has appointments to the U.S. Supreme Court?

I thought so.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »

Winfield, I notice that you were #NeverTrump right up until Trump was actually elected.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 04:10:56 AM »

And Trump will most likely create 20,000,000 jobs.

And with Mitt Romney as Secretary of State, the Trump administration and Romney will have achieved world peace by the end of Trump's terms.  

Lincoln Cuckservative: man who opposed Trump up until Trump won and then bowed before him like a whimpering eunuch before his new Emperor. You are a sniveling coward and a weakling.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 04:19:30 AM »

And Trump will most likely create 20,000,000 jobs.

And with Mitt Romney as Secretary of State, the Trump administration and Romney will have achieved world peace by the end of Trump's terms.  

Lincoln Cuckservative: man who opposed Trump up until Trump won and then bowed before him like a whimpering eunuch before his new Emperor. You are a sniveling coward and a weakling.

Winfield knows deep down what he is saying is untrue and Trump is unfit to be commander in chief. You can try deny it and put on a smile. I understand. People want to be optimistic. But deep down you know Trump will be a disaster and perhaps even Hillary was a better choice.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

Gary Johnson is a rapist?
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »

Most of those things are to be expected. He never said we would leave NATO or promised to overturn gay marriage. I certainly would be disappointed if Romney or another warmongering neocon became secretary of state, but I'm happy with Jeff Sessions as AG. The idea that he didn't know how to hire people until he met with Obama is ludicrous. I don't expect him to fulfill every promise he made, but if he at least builds a wall/fence on the border, appoints one of the people on his list of Scalia-like potential appointees to the SCOTUS, doesn't start any new wars, and deports a sizable number of criminal aliens, I'll be content with that.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 04:08:59 AM »

okie doke, nothing in this topic to repent about? Oh no we are going to stay in NATO? Wow my world is just shattered to pieces? Nikki Baely as UN Ambassador, RIP my heart! I can't take it anymore!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 04:26:20 AM »

Trump voters, it's clear that Trump is not going to be the president you probably thought he was going to be. Just consider these:

- He's appointing people to his cabinet that have vast levels of experience in government.

"I know the best people, I will appoint the best people to make deals". He never said he wouldn't appoint people with gov't experience. He said he would appoint top businessmen and most of the economic cabinet posts are such.

- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration.

"The only vote I regret, is voting against Session in 1986" - Arlen Specter just after becoming a Democrat.

Bannon is not personally a racist. I think he might be amoral to the point of willing to lie down with unacceptable types to achieve an end. He seems to be good as organizing a team and has some semblance of long term political strategy, which Trump needs to stay focused. Trump promised to hire "trained killers".

- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are.

He also said he wanted to keep those provisions during a primary debate though.

- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff.

I was watching C-Span and they had a panel of White House officials from Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. The one from the Bush administration said they "thought" they had an idea of how massive it would be as a result of governing Texas, but it turned out they were completely caught off guard. He even used a baseball analogy saying it was the equivalent of going from the best team in the country to the best team in the Galaxy.

- He is strongly considering appointing disgraced general David Petraeus to his cabinet

I doubt he would get Petraeus confirmed and I would not take seriously media reports about who is in the running for what.

- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants
He took the same stance in September.

- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges
Semi-related: Trump ran against Cruz from the left on the Bathroom issue in Indiana.

He never said otherwise. He said he was going to use the threat of leaving to force them to pony up their fair share of the costs.

All but Petraeus are things he was pledging to not do/promote in the campaign, and in the case of Petraeus, it's objectively bad for the country.

Actually a lot of this was stated during the campaign.

At best for a Trump voter, he's just Generic R. At worst for a Trump voter, he's a democrat in disguise that just agrees with Rs on a few select issues.

Faulty premise. Your entire post is built on the Donald Trump as seen by Trump's detractors, not his supporters and you are thus in now position to judge their satisfaction or disappointment. They never heard him pledge to appoint complete novices to gov't, or pull out of NATO just because he hates NATO/loves Russia. They heard him promise to appoint the best people and demand that our allies stop taking us for all we are worth and getting little in return for it except subsidizing their defense. 

It is time for Trump voters to repent and to admit that they should have went with either Gary Johnson or Hillary Clinton. This thread is the place to do that.

It is attitudes like this that created Donald Trump in the first place.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »

I'll own voting for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, yes.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »

Trump voters, it's clear that Trump is not going to be the president you probably thought he was going to be. Just consider these:

- He's appointing people to his cabinet that have vast levels of experience in government.
- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration.
- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are.
- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff.
- He is strongly considering appointing disgraced general David Petraeus to his cabinet
- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants
- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges
- He is going to keep the U.S. in NATO

All but Petraeus are things he was pledging to not do/promote in the campaign, and in the case of Petraeus, it's objectively bad for the country. At best for a Trump voter, he's just Generic R. At worst for a Trump voter, he's a democrat in disguise that just agrees with Rs on a few select issues.

It is time for Trump voters to repent and to admit that they should have went with either Gary Johnson or Hillary Clinton. This thread is the place to do that.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 05:19:23 PM »

That depends on what you think the 62.6 million Trump supporters are.

Here's a possible reason for that support. They don't like you and Hillary and wanted to give you all a massive middle finger.

You do realize 90%+ of  voting Americans did not change the party they voter for from 2012 to 2016 right?

This is an interesting statement, given how much Hillary and her base dislike Trump voters. I believe Hillary described half of them as irreedeemable deploraples. And the thing with that is all 100% of them are going to think Hillary thinks they are one of the bad ones.

You people don't like them. Why the hell would they like you?

Link

Nearly six-in-ten registered voters who back Clinton (58%) say they have a “hard time” respecting someone who supports Trump for president

The polls are rigged, so don't bother.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »

Let's look at this point by point:

(I fully expected this.  The Carl Icahns of the world aren't going to take a pay cut.)

- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration.  (I don't concede that either is a "racist".  And I would expect a President-elect to support loyalists for his Administration.)

- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are.  (I fully expected this.  And most of his supporters are OK with this.  It's the mandate that most folks view as "Obamacare" and it's the mandate that most folks want repealed.)

- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff.  (There is no comparable job to the Presidency.  None.  I'm far from shocked.)

(Ugh.  But I think this is just a trial balloon.)

- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants  (I never thought he would.  But he IS committed to enforcing our current immigration laws, and to take a stronger position on immigration issues in general.  Hillary Clinton was/is in favor of NOT enforcing the law.  Think about that for a minute.  And I DO believe that Trump will do something about the abomination of "Sanctuary Cities".)

- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges  (I view SSM as an affront to God, but I also realize that this ship has sailed.  Overall, I believe that I will be in far greater agreement on the social issues  with a Trump Administration than with anything Hillary could churn out.)

- He is going to keep the U.S. in NATO  (He never said he'd pull out of NATO.  He never said he'd pull out of the UN.  He did say that he'd examine the issue of how much other nations kick in for their own national defense, and that's a long overdue reform.)

I'll watch what unfolds.  I'm a long way from repentance at this point.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2016, 06:31:39 PM »

- He's appointing people to his cabinet that have vast levels of experience in government. BEAUTIFUL! I wouldn't have dreamed of anything else.
- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration. Jeff Sessions is a great hero! Bannon is not good, but we knew what we were getting with the campaign.
- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are. I agree with the new position, and I hope he continues to support the legislation in even more ways.
- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff. So?
- He is strongly considering appointing disgraced general David Petraeus to his cabinet I adore General Petraeus. What the government put such a good man through was criminal.
- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants Good. Why should we deport them?
- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges Well, you see, he is the most pro-LGBT Republican in history. Of course he does. That was a big factor in my decision.
- He is going to keep the U.S. in NATO Well, yes, it would be ideal to protect our interests though this is the thing I care least about on the list.

All but Petraeus are things he was pledging to not do/promote in the campaign, and in the case of Petraeus, it's objectively bad for the country. At best for a Trump voter, he's just Generic R. At worst for a Trump voter, he's a democrat in disguise that just agrees with Rs on a few select issues.

zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »

Why repent?  He's doing exactly what I expected.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »

- He's appointing people to his cabinet that have vast levels of experience in government. BEAUTIFUL! I wouldn't have dreamed of anything else.
- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration. Jeff Sessions is a great hero! Bannon is not good, but we knew what we were getting with the campaign.
- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are. I agree with the new position, and I hope he continues to support the legislation in even more ways.
- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff. So?
- He is strongly considering appointing disgraced general David Petraeus to his cabinet I adore General Petraeus. What the government put such a good man through was criminal.
- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants Good. Why should we deport them?
- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges Well, you see, he is the most pro-LGBT Republican in history. Of course he does. That was a big factor in my decision.
- He is going to keep the U.S. in NATO Well, yes, it would be ideal to protect our interests though this is the thing I care least about on the list.

Ironic Trump support was never funny.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 07:00:32 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I agree. I hated when people did that. They must have no lives.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies