Will any Sanders endorsers run in 2020 (aside from Sanders himself)?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:23:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will any Sanders endorsers run in 2020 (aside from Sanders himself)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will any Sanders endorsers run in 2020 (aside from Sanders himself)?  (Read 933 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:29:06 PM »

Gabbard has been mentioned a lot obviously; the only Senator to endorse him IIRC was Merkley, but I haven't heard any mention of him.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2016, 11:29:23 PM by Ocean State Indy »

I can see Tulsi running for sure.

Robert Reich? If Ellison wasn't shooting to head the DNC, I'd say him too.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:28:45 PM »

Why do people think Gabbard is going to run?  Is it just because she has a higher national profile than other young members of Congress?
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 11:32:04 PM »

Why do people think Gabbard is going to run?  Is it just because she has a higher national profile than other young members of Congress?

That's part of it, but lately her actions have convinced me she is looking to possibly run (meeting with Trump, calling out Obama to stop the DAPL, and she's heading to Standing Rock to be with the protesters)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 09:26:12 PM »

I don't know. The only reason I mentioned her in the OP is because I've seen other people mention her, and I wanted to preempt fifty "What about Tulsi!?!?!?!?" responses.

If someone ends up being the only person who endorsed Sanders out of the entire primary field, I could see an opening for that person among certain demographics.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 09:31:46 PM »

The possibilities I can think of are Tulsi Gabbard, Nina Turner, and Kshama Sawant.
Quite ironic that I couldn't think of any white males despite the claim of Bernie supporters being all white males.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »

The possibilities I can think of are Tulsi Gabbard, Nina Turner, and Kshama Sawant.
Quite ironic that I couldn't think of any white males despite the claim of Bernie supporters being all white males.

Sawant can't run because she was born in India.

But yeah, Sanders's congressional supporters were a lot more diverse than his overall supporters for some reason.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 10:28:02 PM »

That's part of it, but lately her actions have convinced me she is looking to possibly run (meeting with Trump, calling out Obama to stop the DAPL, and she's heading to Standing Rock to be with the protesters)

I have been unceasingly confused on what policy positions Tulsi would have in 2020. The best I understand it to likely be is Socially moderate, Economically vaguely populist, no idea if it would be a moderate or leftist populism though.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 11:16:35 PM »

I have been unceasingly confused on what policy positions Tulsi would have in 2020. The best I understand it to likely be is Socially moderate, Economically vaguely populist, no idea if it would be a moderate or leftist populism though.

Tulsi Gabbard would be running on the platform that Tulsi Gabbard should be President.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 01:12:27 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2016, 01:15:15 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Sawant can't run because she was born in India.

But yeah, Sanders's congressional supporters were a lot more diverse than his overall supporters for some reason.

OK, Gabbard and Turner then. I guess there is one white male possibility after all, Alan Grayson. Although unlike Gabbard and Turner, he wasn't a surrogate, and I don't think Bernie endorsed in his primary. Well, Alan Grayson may not seem that electable, but if Trump can get elected, you'd think he could too.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 05:03:28 AM »

Bernard won't run in 2020.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »

He could endorse a progressive candidate, probably after the New Hampshire primary, or before.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »

Nina Turner needs to crawl back under the rock in Ohio she came from.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 09:35:45 AM »

I imagine it'd be something like Donald Trump but with free college.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »

Jesse Ventura or Rocky Anderson might run third party, sure.

Only other way would be some celebrity running (Maher?)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »

Hopefully not. Most of Sanders' endorsers were third-rate losers and opportunists.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:16:41 PM »

Our next president?

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »

I could see myself supporting Tulsi or Merkley. My dream would be Casey retiring, Fetterman winning in the PA senate election, and then running in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies