Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:17:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?  (Read 3309 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard somebody say Happy Holidays in my life
I've heard it once or twice. It's just easier to say Merry Christmas, or when appropriate (like at a Jewish gathering of some sort), Happy Hanukkah. I think most people who care about this issue one way or the other (the War on Christmas types and the super SJWs) basically are looking for a reason to be offended. Christmas, Hanukkah, etc, are mostly secular holidays and what spiritual aspects they hold are individual matters that people don't talk about. At least in South Florida. I can talk politics with anyone, no matter interested they are in the subject. Literally nobody ever wants to talk about religion, and fortunately, neither do I most of the time.

In Vero Beach, they had "Merry Christmas" banners on the lightpoles around the town. My mom asked my aunt if it offended the Jewish community. "Nah, she's cool with it" was my uncle's response. It was pretty funny. I don't think I've heard it, but at least in Boynton, where I'm from, the local banners that the city puts up always say "Holidays." Doesn't really matter. It means the same things. It's why atheists love the phrase "God Bless You" because it means, in it's literal reading, "the highest possible."

Tis the season for present, annoying "ironic" sweater pics on social media, sand tacky parties. Nobody gives a crap about their Starbucks cup.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies