What if all whites go the way of MS whites and Latinos go the way of blacks?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:50:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What if all whites go the way of MS whites and Latinos go the way of blacks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What if all whites go the way of MS whites and Latinos go the way of blacks?  (Read 5140 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »

It's the mid-21st Century, and whites are voting 90%+ GOP across the board, while minorities are voting 90%+ Democratic.  A few white Latinos assimilate completely into being white, but most don't.  What would we be looking at?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »

that's a recipe for genocide
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »

Whites will likely be a minority, though obviously a plurality.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2016, 12:37:05 PM by Virginia »

In a future where the population is much greyer and resource scarcity is higher, a racially-polarized electorate on that scale indeed does not give me hope. The stability and durability of western democracies is already going to undergo quite a bit of intense stress testing during that time, and the last thing we need is for race to become one of, if not thee core component.

As for the topic, I've seen numerous projections putting the white share far enough below a majority of the electorate that it would become impossible for Republicans to win popular vote victories if the electorate were this racially-polarized. I'm unsure of the EC numbers as each state's future electorate has to be taken into account, but off the top of my head it would seem that Republicans would have an enduring EC advantage, no? The question to me becomes then how many electoral votes does the midwest/GL/rustbelt states lose between now and 2050? They have been hemorrhaging EVs for a long time now.

It would be terrible, but it's also not going to happen. Latinos are not really a unified group, and there will always be a significant number of white people who vote Democratic.

I would have to agree. There would have to be some sort of crazy event that takes place to divide the country like that, and I can't even imagine what that might be.

White Millennials are much more Democratic in their voting habits than whites as a whole are. Given that and other trends, the future suggests a more Democratic white electorate, not less.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

It would be terrible, but it's also not going to happen. Latinos are not really a unified group, and there will always be a significant number of white people who vote Democratic.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

True. America will become like Yugoslavia under Milosevic in the 1990s.
Mayflower1978
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 11:57:14 PM »

LMAO
Mayflower1978
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:57:58 PM »

Whites will likely be a minority, though obviously a plurality.

Why a Minority? (No Offense, I'm not trying to be Racist) I Respect every human beings.
diptheriadan

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »

According to 538, this:

Republican-471
Democrat-67
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »

The United States could simply break up like that and that's the way it is heading but the trend will halt and reverse before that happens.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 09:41:09 AM »

How exactly is this going to happen?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »

Whites are the most diverse racial group in America in just about every way imaginable. There is no way this could happen.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »

Whites are the most diverse racial group in America in just about every way imaginable. There is no way this could happen.

I think non-alt-right culture whites will eventually identify as something else and be about split and the whites that trmain will be like as Republican as Hispanics are D. They will be both be about 20 something percent of the electorate. We will be saved by shifting posts.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »

Asians and hispanics are intermarrying with whites too quickly for there to be solidly white/minority blocs by mid-century.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »

Trump could easily get 70% of the white vote in 2020. Maybe 75%
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 08:43:07 PM »

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and other multiracials will be wiped out in a holocaust by the white majority. This is why I'm not having any kids.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

Trump could easily get 70% of the white vote in 2020. Maybe 75%

This was actually funny.

He cray. Don't wear it out!
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 11:03:56 PM »

Asians and hispanics are intermarrying with whites too quickly for there to be solidly white/minority blocs by mid-century.

What about the Blacks?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »

What about the Blacks?

Some are, but they are a smallish sliver.
One thing that interesting in interacial couples- are the whites multiculturally liberal, or the minorities conservatives trying to intergenerationally climb?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 12:04:56 PM »

I. ...I agree with this. I feel dirty, but he's right about the fact whites are heterogeneous as a voting bloc. Minorities are vastly more homogeneous (largely because they're smaller and more concentrated) than whites. Iowa whites are nothing like New York whites or California whites.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »

Whites have never been a minority group under threat by the majority in this country, so they don't vote like one and never have.  It will be a LONG time before they ever do.  Whites have had the luxury throughout this country's history of dividing along regional, class and ideological lines, while minorities have never felt that they could (this is conjecture, obviously).  Opinion polls show affluent Blacks feeling pretty much the same about economic issues as poor Blacks, probably due to a cultural identity and a strong belief in helping less fortunate Blacks through a communal motive.  A rich Black person in California likely feels a HECK of a lot more connection to a poor Black person in Mississippi than a rich White person in Nashville feels toward a poor White person in Vermont, for example.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »

Whites have never been a minority group under threat by the majority in this country, so they don't vote like one and never have.  It will be a LONG time before they ever do.  Whites have had the luxury throughout this country's history of dividing along regional, class and ideological lines, while minorities have never felt that they could (this is conjecture, obviously).  Opinion polls show affluent Blacks feeling pretty much the same about economic issues as poor Blacks, probably due to a cultural identity and a strong belief in helping less fortunate Blacks through a communal motive.  A rich Black person in California likely feels a HECK of a lot more connection to a poor Black person in Mississippi than a rich White person in Nashville feels toward a poor White person in Vermont, for example.

Was that intended at me for creating this thread?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 04:39:31 PM »

Was that intended at me for creating this thread?

No ... LOL, how would I know you were "rich" anywho?  Also, Nashville is just the only Southern city whose wealthy suburbs I've been to (and, while wealthy suburbanites overall lean Republican, they lean VERY Republican in the South).
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »

I live in Southern California and I can state that this is unequivocally true. I'm surprised that it took a Canadian in this thread to correctly point this out.

Hell even half Mexican half white kids look pretty White (same is true for half Asian half whites). People seem to forget that his country started off as a WASP society and that the Irish, Catholics, southern and Eastern Europeans were originally deemed as others. Over time they were absorbed into the White majority. The children of Whites and Hispanics/Asians will likely follow suit.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies