An interesting outlook on changing demographics within the United States & Europ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  An interesting outlook on changing demographics within the United States & Europ
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An interesting outlook on changing demographics within the United States & Europ  (Read 402 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:15:58 PM »
« edited: December 02, 2016, 12:55:01 PM by TD »

To start with, before reading this report, no, this doesn't presage an emerging Democratic majority. Demographics clearly do not make destiny. Anyone believing that is deluded.

But the age of minorities determining elections is just about here. Between coastal whites choosing to vote Democratic and the Democrats holding a floor of 35% among whites, minorities now hold the balance of power in the United States. Their dropoff for Hillary (and refusal to endorse Trump) may have decided the election in many ways more than the working class whites.

http://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1288&context=carsey

Some key takeaways --

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Read the entire conclusion in particular. It's very enlightening. The Europeans on Atlas should in particular pay attention to the last paragraph discussing European demographic issues too.

Anyway, a substantive report that colors in the coming future of Europe and the United States.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:35:56 PM »

Interesting.

One thing these demographers, at least to me, seem to ignore is fluidity - Asians marrying whites and having half-Asian children, for example. How do you account for mixed race children?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »

Interesting.

One thing these demographers, at least to me, seem to ignore is fluidity - Asians marrying whites and having half-Asian children, for example. How do you account for mixed race children?

They reference it with Latinos indirectly in the conclusion - they don't look at the fathers. As I recall, biracial families make up 3% of American households at this point? I'd have to check it.

Biracial families are definitely a thing, but I don't know how much of the population they make up (and many self-sort as one race or the other). 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »

wiki
In 2010, 8.4% of current marriages were interracial and a record 15.1% of new marriages were.
rob in cal
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »

Its interesting that in the last decade or so the biggest decline of birthrate has been in the Hispanic community, but due to immigration and having a high birth rate to start with, plus a very young population in general we still see big Hispanic population gains.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 09:19:53 PM »

Its interesting that in the last decade or so the biggest decline of birthrate has been in the Hispanic community, but due to immigration and having a high birth rate to start with, plus a very young population in general we still see big Hispanic population gains.

Someone at the RNC should be informed of this. Oh why bother. They're strategic morons, per usual. They'll deport 2 million illegal migrants who can't vote and enrage their relatives (who do vote and reproduce) to a lifetime of voting Democratic.

As I said, the stupid party. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies