Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:40:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China  (Read 4785 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: December 02, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »

How about not creating a giant rift with a vital trading partner and powerful force on the global stage. This kind of thing is incredibly risky and should not be done without massive consideration of the consequences.

If America collectively cared about consequences, we would not have elected President Pussygrabber.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »

Yeah. Unwittingly, he's just made one of the greatest US foreign policy achievements of the past 50 years.

You don't have any qualms with the president of the united states unwittingly implementing foreign policy? That doesn't bother at you at all? How long do you think that kind of bumbling leadership is going to pay dividends for America?
Trump's open hostility towards China was one of my primary reasons for supporting him, so I was kind of hoping this would happen. I know I will not be happy with everything he does as President, but I pray for him and hope that he surrounds himself with good people who can help him deliver "victories" for America to restore our self-esteem just like Ronald Reagan did in the 1980s.

You want dead marines, secret deals with the Iranians, random airstrikes in Africa, ignorance of a public health crisis, the popularization of an ineffective and damaging War Against Noun, and the invasion of a tiny nation in Latin America, all under the aegis of an aging and demented actor?

You may be in luck! Those all seem to be within Trump's level of competence
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:50:01 PM »

Was this a blunder? Yes. Could it have serious ramifications for our relationship with China and stability in East Asia? Quite possibly. Yet, the current Chinese regime is a menace. It's an oppressive, exploitative dictatorship that silences dissent, kills and jails opponents, consistently violates basic human rights, abuses Tibet and its Muslim minority in the west, and is building up its military and economic power. This is not a country we should be rewarding with lucrative trade deals and any form of friendliness. I'm the last person who'd want a war, but I also don't want our country contributing to the continued existence of this awful regime. Taiwan should be given more recognition and preference until China can clean up its act.

Relax and stop worrying. After four years of President Pussygrabber and his merry band, we won't be China's moral superior anymore and can trade with them in good conscience.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:42:35 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2016, 03:45:04 AM by Runeghost »

Trump is doubling-down on Taiwan on Twitter, sounding like a internet troll who just took his first class in international politics, while the Chinese FM calls it a "cheap shot" by Taiwan to manipulate Trump into blundering (sounds like they're implying they know Trump is an ignoramus, and implying Taiwan was mean to Trump by baiting him into this and going over his head). Trump is already a laughing stock. At least it's better than China doing something rash in response.

The 'elites' have been calling Trump a laughing stock since his escalator ride to destiny.

He has since defeated the GOP establishment, the Dem establishment, the Bush machine, the Clinton machine, and the industrial media complex. One day they might learn to stop underestimating his as a bumbling buffoon. They think Trump is an ideologue, when the truth couldn't be any further.

Trump is a conarpragmatist of the highest order. If you want to understand him, you have to understand that he is first and foremost a business conman, thinks like a businessconman, and will use any means necessary to come out on top. He's not a politician and he doesn't care how the 'game' is supposed to be played.

Trump doesn't care about these social/political norms that all politicianscivilized human beings are supposed to follow, where even the president has an expected part to play. Instead he sees a goal he wants to accomplish, and then does what is necessary to accomplish it. He doesn't maneuver the chess pieces; he flips the board off the table completely. And the 'elites' have no idea how to respond.

I was correcting it for you, but I had to stop there, because you just (correctly) described President-elect Pussygrabber as the punchline of a joke:

Pussygrabber is the ultimate example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, and also of the person who runs out in front of the band with a baton and then think they're leading the parade.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »

It seems like Trump is trying to intentionally instigate international conflicts. Hopefully he fails miserably and crashes the economy

I seem to remember another populist, rant-prone politician with fanatical followers who didn't have any sort of popular majority, and liked to demonize minorities, provoke conflicts with other nations and thought he was smarter than all the professionals. The sooner Pussygrabber gets to how the story ends, the better.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »

It seems like Trump is trying to intentionally instigate international conflicts. Hopefully he fails miserably and crashes the economy

I seem to remember another populist, rant-prone politician with fanatical followers who didn't have any sort of popular majority, and liked to demonize minorities, provoke conflicts with other nations and thought he was smarter than all the professionals. The sooner Pussygrabber gets to how the story ends, the better.

Trump has never demonized minorities.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies