Randy Bryce Announces Run for Congress Against Paul Ryan in Compelling Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:37:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Randy Bryce Announces Run for Congress Against Paul Ryan in Compelling Ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Randy Bryce Announces Run for Congress Against Paul Ryan in Compelling Ad  (Read 1742 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
« edited: June 21, 2017, 06:07:52 AM by libertpaulian »

If the Dems want to win in 2018, they need to be running people like these, not robots like Ossoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:13:12 AM »

Looks like a strong candidate.

But Ossoff wasn't a robot ...
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:18:53 AM »

Ossoff was the suburban white boy version of Marco Rubio.  He was the pretty boy who said the right lines at the right times and was a poster boy for MUH RESISTANCE.  Beyond that, he didn't offer much.

This guy in Wisconsin, however, is someone I could see pushing for things like a higher minimum wage, better conditions to raise the wages of the working class, etc.  I can definitely see him firing up the Democratic base in Janesville.

Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »

Apologies for the necro, but this article from the Hill looks interesting.

Dem challenging Paul Ryan raises $430K in campaign's first 12 days

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »

Wow, that was very powerful and moving. I hope no one makes fun of me, but I almost cried watching that. Randy Bryce has my total support and endorsement!
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2017, 10:41:05 PM by Saguaro »

It's a shame Bryce isn't running in just a slightly more competitive district. He's easily one of the best Democratic recruits yet, right up there with Ojeda and Parnell.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 10:38:37 PM »

It's a shame Bryce isn't running in just a slightly more competitive district. He's easily one of the best Democratic recruits yet.

word.
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »

If Paul Ryan wasn't such a deeply entrenched incumbent (won by over 30 points in 2016), I would have no doubt this district could go down in a wave. It went for Obama in 2008 by 2.7 points under its current boundaries. But if Paul Ryan doesn't retire, Likely R, even in a wave. Until then, Grothman is the most vulnerable House incumbent in Wisconsin.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 12:36:37 PM »

Until then, Grothman is the most vulnerable House incumbent in Wisconsin.

IMO Kind is more vulnerable assuming the WI GOP can find someone decent run against him.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »

IMO Kind is more vulnerable assuming the WI GOP can find someone decent run against him.

*And 2018 breaks the modern pattern of the party holding the white house getting murdered in a midterm. Among other things.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 02:07:52 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 02:12:05 AM by MT Treasurer »

*And 2018 breaks the modern pattern of the party holding the white house getting murdered in a midterm. Among other things.

Yeah, I'm sure a R+8 district is more likely to flip than an EVEN district (and IIRC, Trump won Kind's (D) district by 4, and Grothman's (R) district by 17).  But apparently numbers don't matter to some people because "Trump midterm".
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure a R+8 district is more likely to flip than an EVEN district (and IIRC, Trump won Kind's (D) district by 4, and Grothman's (R) district by 17).  But apparently numbers don't matter to some people because "Trump midterm".

1: I think ossoff2028 meant most vulnerable Republican, even though that's not what he said.
2: We saw some weird things happen to Republican incumbents in 2006. Not that I think Bryce is going to win.
Rjjr77
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see unknown building tradesman as "strong candidates"
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 10:00:37 AM »

Aaaaaand he lost.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 10:07:37 AM »

?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »

He can't be putting a bunch of emphasis on social issues like "Trump is a racist" or even "equal pay for equal work" in an R district. He has to win on a working class economic message and I can see that if he pushes things like that more he could turn off many people that disagree with him on that but would have supported him otherwise. He's a long shot to begin with, but, this is a huge step down from his first video.
Rjjr77
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »

He can't be putting a bunch of emphasis on social issues like "Trump is a racist" or even "equal pay for equal work" in an R district. He has to win on a working class economic message and I can see that if he pushes things like that more he could turn off many people that disagree with him on that but would have supported him otherwise. He's a long shot to begin with, but, this is a huge step down from his first video.

its also an atrocious commercial.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »

As long as it's only one or two ads well before even the primary, this shouldn't be a big deal
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »

He was never going to win, but Paul Ryan called Trump a racist. One social message in the mix of an overwhelmingly economic driven campaign is fine.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 01:42:54 PM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Ryan is far from safe. If he Trump is way below water and the Midwest swings like it did in other midterms, Ryan is gone. Post-Charlottesville, it's pretty much necessary to call out Trump's terrible response for what it was.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:37 PM »

84.13% urban, 57.7% white collar, median income of $50,372? You sure about that?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »

Well, I just got destroyed by everyone. I'll admit that. I don't think having a few social messages sprinkled in is all that bad, but to make that one of just a few points in a commercial with a pretty garbage premise that I'm pretty sure they aired on national television(I could be wrong about that, but I know he was trying to get an ad on during the CNN Town Hall) is just not a smart idea, especially if that's some of the public's first impressions of him as a candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies