Crystal Ball Rating Changes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:33:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Crystal Ball Rating Changes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Crystal Ball Rating Changes  (Read 3111 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »

I still don't see the need to keep Texas as not safe.

IDK Texas rn is what a Likely R state would look like. A bunch of factors involved here, most would point to Cruz winning, but there is a nonzero (if small) chance of a D pickup. Cruz will probably win. That's a Likely R if I've ever seen one

The fact that Texas' Voter ID law was just thrown through the window by the courts widens that nonzero chance, as well.

Texas is now R+8.
By comparison, Arizona is R+5, Ohio is R+3, so is North Carolina.
On the other side, Indiana and Missouri are R+9.

If it were any Republican other than Cruz, it should be Safe R. The fact he's picked up a credible, well-funded D challenge who is very likely to lose based on Texas's partisanship makes Likely R the safest bet. It probably goes to Safe R in 2018.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 10:16:51 PM »

I would put Florida as likely D but otherwise this map seems pretty accurate. Very pleased by the progress Sinema is making in Arizona!
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »

Looks about right, though I'm a little more confident for Dems in OH, MO, IN, and especially FL and WI.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »

I'd put PA as Lean D -- Casey certainly has an advantage, but I think his position resembles that of Baldwin/Brown/Nelson much more so than that of Stabenow or Kaine. Especially since he'll have a moderately credible opponent.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »

I would put Florida as likely D but otherwise this map seems pretty accurate. Very pleased by the progress Sinema is making in Arizona!

In regards to Florida, I feel like keeping it at lean D is fine for now only because we don't have good polls in yet and we don't know how much Rick Scott will put in to win the race.

In regards to AZ, it's less that Sinema is making progress than it is an emerging GOP bloodbath.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies