PA-Sen: Barletta is running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-Sen: Barletta is running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Sen: Barletta is running  (Read 11612 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: December 05, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

Feeling is mutual buddy Smiley. Thanks for confirming my point.

I never doubted it in first place)))) But you need us more then we need you)))). At least - for about next 10 years..

See that's the thing, we really don't need you all that much tbh.  We'll inevitably win enough moderate hero votes regardless that most elections will come down to turnout rather than unicorns, swing-voters, and other mythical creatures.

With your approach (going left and ONLY left) you will win less and less moderates every year. And you are in minority already: about 28% of Americans call itself liberals, and 37 - conservatives (with 35 - moderates). So, to win you need about 2/3 of us. And one plus of centrist position - we can choose whom to block with, you have nowhere to go, but in center..

The most popular candidates with independents this cycle were Trump and Bernie.

We may need some regular people who call themselves moderate because liberals spit on them and cons steal from them. We may need some people who call themselves conservative because their middle class status is slipping through their fingers and they want to hold on to what they have. But we certainly don't need Moderate Hero ideologues, which you are.  
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2016, 10:13:36 PM by Chickenhawk »

Feeling is mutual buddy Smiley. Thanks for confirming my point.

I never doubted it in first place)))) But you need us more then we need you)))). At least - for about next 10 years..

Do tell me how Clinton was a far left ideologue. I'm deeply intrigued.

See that's the thing, we really don't need you all that much tbh.  We'll inevitably win enough moderate hero votes regardless that most elections will come down to turnout rather than unicorns, swing-voters, and other mythical creatures.

With your approach (going left and ONLY left) you will win less and less moderates every year. And you are in minority already: about 28% of Americans call itself liberals, and 37 - conservatives (with 35 - moderates). So, to win you need about 2/3 of us. And one plus of centrist position - we can choose whom to block with, you have nowhere to go, but in center..

The most popular candidates with independents this cycle were Trump and Bernie.

We may need some regular people who call themselves moderate because liberals spit on them and cons steal from them. We may need some people who call themselves conservative because their middle class status is slipping through their fingers and they want to hold on to what they have. But we certainly don't need Moderate Hero ideologues, which you are.  

I surely will not die because of it. You may be ABSOLUTELY sure of it. Happy losing elections further. Before this year you had an excuse that midyears are bad for you, but Presidential years are good. Now you got big slap in the face, and, what's hilarious- from Trump of all people))). S*ck it! And, because you don't want to learn a lessons, as i already said- happy losing future to you, guys! Be proud of your 2.5 million vote advantage that means nothing in reality.

P.S. I know, the only "ideologues" you need are far left ideologues, which irritated normal people so much, that theye mbraced Trump of all persons. Be proud of it, no one, but you, could make it..

In what bizarro world is Clinton a left wing ideologue?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:34 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2016, 10:23:29 PM by Chickenhawk »

Here's my definition of a "moderate," perhaps an idiosyncratic one. A moderate is one who tries to make decisions based on data, addressing real problems that are not good for the polity, and goes where the data leads one, without ideological blinders. I can't emphasize what I underlined enough. Sometimes what is prudent, is more in tune with the Left's preferences, and sometimes it is more in tune with what the Right believes, and sometimes leads one in a third direction. It just depends. Also important is keeping in mind the limitations of data (it can be inaccurate, or is based on false assumptions as to causation or otherwise), and that all data needs to undergo a sensitivity analysis.

Ideological blinders are inherent to humanity, and data is easily manipulated or misinterpreted. Especially if you're a human (or a human designed logic system) and thus have ideological blinders.

I will take them where I (not YOU) want. Thanks. "Moderate heroes" are in no sense worse then "progressive" or "conservative" one, so YOU can follow your own advice if you wish.

Great, but another word of advice: you seem to take your moderate hero hackery places where it looks really really bad, so you might want to listen to someone else.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies