PA-Sen: Barletta is running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:24:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-Sen: Barletta is running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Sen: Barletta is running  (Read 11629 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 05, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »

Feeling is mutual buddy Smiley. Thanks for confirming my point.

I never doubted it in first place)))) But you need us more then we need you)))). At least - for about next 10 years..

See that's the thing, we really don't need you all that much tbh.  We'll inevitably win enough moderate hero votes regardless that most elections will come down to turnout rather than unicorns, swing-voters, and other mythical creatures.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:04:33 PM »

^We will never agree. So it will be better if we both stick to our views and end this (essentially - useless) "discussion". You can be sure that as Russian by origin i hate revolutions of all sorts (there were more then enough of them in Russia, even if we forget about other countres, and i know first hand where they lead to). And those Russians, who don't like "permanent revolution", are, essentially, counterrevolutionaries))). Me - too)))

Political revolution ought not be equated with revolutions of the violent sort but, fine, we disagree; I think you should stick to, uh, politics elsewhere because you clearly don't understand America very well even if you can identify congressional districts on a map or whatever.

Excuse me *snip*

You're excused.  Now please take your radical Moderate Hero hackery elsewhere, thanks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »

^We will never agree. So it will be better if we both stick to our views and end this (essentially - useless) "discussion". You can be sure that as Russian by origin i hate revolutions of all sorts (there were more then enough of them in Russia, even if we forget about other countres, and i know first hand where they lead to). And those Russians, who don't like "permanent revolution", are, essentially, counterrevolutionaries))). Me - too)))

Political revolution ought not be equated with revolutions of the violent sort but, fine, we disagree; I think you should stick to, uh, politics elsewhere because you clearly don't understand America very well even if you can identify congressional districts on a map or whatever.

Excuse me *snip*

You're excused.  Now please take your radical Moderate Hero hackery elsewhere, thanks.

I will take them where I (not YOU) want. Thanks.

Sick burn
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

But it's inane to fetishise moderation just because they are moderate. That's what I get from your posts - a lack od political understanding beyond "well the middle is the best, because it is the middle". That's the sort of mentality that props up vast, corrupt parties that merely define themselves as nonidealogical people of the middle.

No fetishisation. But generally i really prefer flexible moderates to rigid extremists of any sort. Because, IMHO, a flexibility is a plus in politics, compromise is frequently neccessary (and i prefer small steps to lack of any movement), and so on. So, in short, i am a natural moderate. As naturally i generally prefer a politicians of the same sort. In addition - present polarisation where "middle is almost empty" (look at present House - less then 10% are there, other are either liberals (yes, including moderate liberals, but - nevertheless) or conservatives (frequently - very rigid ones)) seems simply dangerous to me: it encourages a behavoir of " i am a boss - you are a fool, you are a boss - i am a fool" type, where everything is determined by brute force. In Russian history there were "bolsheviks vs. mensheviks" struggles, and "red" vs "white", which demonstated itself during Russian civil war of 1917-1920 with rivers of blood on both sides and where the only "reasonable" behavoir was "to fight an enemy until it's full extermination". An extreme polarisation may, in time, to lead to the same results...

American politics =\= Russian politics
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

Lou Barletta would be the strongest challenger, IMO: He can keep a lot of Trump voters who usually vote Dem, and would probably hold decent in the suburbs since he comes across as inoffensive. Tim Murphy would be my second choice, being from the Southwest part of the state. If neither run, then Mike Fitzpatrick would also be solid, he's out of office so he can focus on the campaign full-time.

Casey would wipe the floor with Barletta.  The man is hardly inoffensive and has a history of being an anti-immigration nut IIRC.  In any case, you guys aren't beating Casey, especially not in a Trump midterm.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »

Lou Barletta would be the strongest challenger, IMO: He can keep a lot of Trump voters who usually vote Dem, and would probably hold decent in the suburbs since he comes across as inoffensive. Tim Murphy would be my second choice, being from the Southwest part of the state. If neither run, then Mike Fitzpatrick would also be solid, he's out of office so he can focus on the campaign full-time.

Casey would wipe the floor with Barletta.  The man is hardly inoffensive and has a history of being an anti-immigration nut IIRC.  In any case, you guys aren't beating Casey, especially not in a Trump midterm.
I know there are much better targets, but my point is Barletta is the type of Republican who'd be popular in historically-D areas that went for Trump. He just screams "America First" all over him.

Barletta would get absolutely annihilated in the Philly suburbs; he'd lose by far more than Trump there.  And Casey's pretty popular with the voters you say Barletta would appeal to (I highly doubt that Barletta would have any crossover appeal, tbh).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »

I hope Lou runs! He'd be a top 5 senator!

I hope he runs too; he'd get slaughtered in the general and we'd finally have him out of Congress (hopefully for good).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies