Senate Confirmation Hearing: North Carolina Yankee for Vice President (Confirmed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: North Carolina Yankee for Vice President (Confirmed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: North Carolina Yankee for Vice President (Confirmed  (Read 1051 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
« edited: December 08, 2016, 07:34:45 PM by Clyde1998 »

I open up a 72 hour period for debating.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 06:39:17 AM »

I have absolute confidence in Yankee, and his ability to serve in this office. I hope the Senate can go through a quick confirmation process
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »

I would like to thank the Senate for giving me a hearing and I look forward to answering any questions posed by the members.

I won't be Vice President for very long, but my hope is that in the time that I do have in the position we can succeed in demonstrably improving both the involvement of the VP in mechanics of the Congress, as well as in other capacities.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »

Yankee is one of a handful of Atlasians who has consistently favored making the vice presidency more than a paper office, from his time as PPT of the Ancien Senate through the ConCon reforms to the present. His confirmation is essential to ensure that all Atlasians are represented equally after the late presidential campaign, but even if it weren't, I would consider his appointment to this post a boon for Atlasia and echo President Blair in urging the Senate to swiftly ratify this nomination.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »

I've known Yankee throughout all my years here (which isn't saying much, considering he is the Robert Byrd of Atlasia Tongue), and I wholeheartedly support his nomination.

My only questions for the nominee are those of curiosity: since you and President Blair are taking the unprecedented move of serving as "Co-Presidents," how much of a role do you plan to have in the first half of this administration?  Do you plan on retaining the traditionally minor role that our Vice Presidents have had, or would you intend on using the office to pursue more ambitious goals?  What parts of the office would you like to see changed, if at all?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 04:45:21 AM »

I've known Yankee throughout all my years here (which isn't saying much, considering he is the Robert Byrd of Atlasia Tongue), and I wholeheartedly support his nomination.

My only questions for the nominee are those of curiosity: since you and President Blair are taking the unprecedented move of serving as "Co-Presidents," how much of a role do you plan to have in the first half of this administration?  Do you plan on retaining the traditionally minor role that our Vice Presidents have had, or would you intend on using the office to pursue more ambitious goals?  What parts of the office would you like to see changed, if at all?

I plan to help with whatever Blair needs. There was talk about a role in Foreign Policy and I know Rpryor expressed interest in that course during our campaign and I am pleased Blair incorporate it in his Executive Order, I think there is a substantial potential in that venue, but I would leave it up to the President to determine the exact nature of that role. My foreign policy views have shifted over the years and I have become far more restrained/cautious/limited, on the other hand when it comes to establishing a firm place for Foreign Policy in the game, "game necessitated activism" is in order to get the ball rolling.

Well I plan to make many changes, but they don't necessary require a change to the constitution/law. A good bit of it is a vast surge in VP engagement in Senate/House debate and direct coordination with the Senate PPT/House Speaker. As you may recall, I have certain "skills" when it comes to "persuading" members to be active. I will start with that, but those changes could easily disappear with my successor or future successors. Therefore cementing that involvement with clear, defined responsibilities would be a priority but of course rules changes are up to the chambers themselves. My opinions on that matter (which align closely with the Chief Justice) are well known.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:54:22 PM »

Seeing no further debate, I open this to a vote.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:34:09 PM »

Aye.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 10:49:59 AM »

Aye. This shouldn't be happening because Yankee should rightfully be President right now.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »

Aye, though I do agree with Senator JCL.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »

Aye
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 11:42:41 AM »

disgusting tbqh. hope someone left-of-centre primaries blair.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 12:02:20 PM »

hope someone left-of-centre primaries blair.
Well, technically, Blair's agreed not to be the incumbent in February in the Potomac Agreement (Which is why this is happening in the first place), so unless we're dead set on a rematch... Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »

Aye
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »

everyone has voted right?
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 07:33:58 PM »

With five voting in favour and one not voting, North Carolina Yankee is confirmed as Vice President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »

And now fun the begins Evil
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies