Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:14:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?  (Read 7686 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:05:45 PM »

With Donald Trump who gained a lot of support from the White working class, which was a huge voter base that propelled him to the presidency. Is it possible that a lot of them will become a long term demographic voter base for the Republican Party from this point on?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 07:07:32 AM »

However if education becomes more of a factor in how people vote, it could hurt the Democrats in the Midwest. Trump won WI, PA, and MI mainly cause of those guys.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 02:08:44 PM »

I still don't understand why college educated whites, a group that still voted more for Trump than Clinton, are now considered the main part of the dem base. They haven't voted democrat since 1964.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »

I still don't understand why college educated whites, a group that still voted more for Trump than Clinton, are now considered the main part of the dem base. They haven't voted democrat since 1964.

I just think that the more educated you are the less likely xenophobia, sexist, religious intolerant plans, etc are going to be appealing to you.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »

yes.  I am assuming you mean white voters with minimal education.  the new political landscape:

educated whites + minorities vs. uneducated whites. 

There are more of the former but the latter is more geographically dispersed so they have the current advantage.

LOL, it's cute how delusional you guys are, as educated Whites vote Republican, too.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »

yes.  I am assuming you mean white voters with minimal education.  the new political landscape:

There are more of the former but the latter is more geographically dispersed so they have the current advantage.

LOL, it's cute how delusional you guys are, as educated Whites vote Republican, too.

And yet you guys still only won by 3 states, each with 1% or less
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »

What, on EARTH, is your point?  I was just making it clear that any Democrat thinking "educated Whites" are a Democratic group is truly and sadly delusional.  Then you hit me with a random fact, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 03:22:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes.  I can totally see MI/WI/OH going >60% R in a close 2028 election.

We know, LOL.  You're obsessed with the idea of a Democratic Party comprised solely of educated and cosmopolitan WHITES and the minoroties they so graciously fight for.  It ain't happenin', friend, no matter how cool it'd make you feel about being a Democrat.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2016, 05:54:14 PM by Virginia »

Haven't they already? They have been voting in large majorities for Republicans for a while now.

It's possible the GOP's WWC ranks expand beyond this election, but one election itself doesn't signify a permanent shift, particularly an election between the 2 most hated nominees in modern history, with one being uniquely unsuited for WWCs for numerous reasons. It's just as possible that if Trump doesn't deliver on his big promises and/or if Republicans overreach on things like Medicare, that they end up sending many of them back to the Democratic Party. It's not enough to just win them over once with lots of promises. Republicans/Trump also have to show them that Republicans can more of a positive difference in their lives than Democrats.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »

4 by 1 actually.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »

Most exit polls show that at best Trump split the college educated white vote.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-election-day-2016-exit-polls-sizable-shift-in-white-1478644311-htmlstory.html

The higher up the education ladder you go, the more likely you were to vote for Clinton.

Additionally, the trendiness are clear... whites with college degrees are trending democrat, they have been for years, some years this might change a bit due to the particular candidate, but the overall trend is clear.

I would not be surprised if after 4 or 8 years of Trump if Democrats win college educated whites by 60/40, similar to how they fare with whites who have a Masters degree or higher.

No pun intended, but it is nothing short of rich that the Democrats (or at least some of the more delusional and elitist party followers like you) are now targeting the most fortunate and affluent White voters, haha.  And I'm sure even if they succeed in this, they'll still try to claim moral superiority.  But please, continue to try this!  It'll fail massively and be hilarious.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »

No pun intended, but it is nothing short of rich that the Democrats (or at least some of the more delusional and elitist party followers like you) are now targeting the most fortunate and affluent White voters, haha.  And I'm sure even if they succeed in this, they'll still try to claim moral superiority.  But please, continue to try this!  It'll fail massively and be hilarious.

Wouldn't the natural trend of college-educated whites be towards Democrats as much more Democratic white Millennials and young GenX'ers, on set to be the most educated generations in history, make up more of the electorate? If that is the primary marker for fortune & affluence, it really shouldn't be that rich.

On the other hand the movement of more wealthy people to the Democratic Party (at least based on the last 2 presidential elections) is disconcerting to me and I guess you could call that rich, though I'm not sure what my party has been doing to specifically court those voters. Seems more like Republicans have been pushing them away.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 04:37:17 PM by Santander »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes.  I can totally see MI/WI/OH going >60% R in a close 2028 election.

We know, LOL.  You're obsessed with the idea of a Democratic Party comprised solely of educated and cosmopolitan WHITES and the minoroties they so graciously fight for.  It ain't happenin', friend, no matter how cool it'd make you feel about being a Democrat.
But it basically is. You have your educated union whites like nurses, government employees, college faculty, etc. and Whole Foods liberals who eat $15 kale salads, all of whom are overwhelmingly Democrat. The actual size of the white, blue-collar union vote is actually pretty small compared to the obsequious attention they get every 4 years from the Democrats.

That does not mean there aren't more educated whites who don't cry crocodile tears for minorities they pretend to care about. (they're too busy congratulating themselves at the local Rotary Club for employing minimum wage workers) Yes, those people tend to vote Republican, but it's fallacious to think that the white core of the Democrat Party cannot be latte liberals.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »

I highly doubt it. Considering that Trump actually did better among higher income voters, I don't think the WWC will ever be the base of the Republican Party. Affluent white voters (outside of very left-leaning big cities) have always been the core of the Republican Party, and since Clinton really failed to make significant inroads with this group, I don't see that changing.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 05:04:44 PM »

I highly doubt it. Considering that Trump actually did better among higher income voters, I don't think the WWC will ever be the base of the Republican Party. Affluent white voters (outside of very left-leaning big cities) have always been the core of the Republican Party, and since Clinton really failed to make significant inroads with this group, I don't see that changing.

Yep.  There's one group that has always been a Republican group, and it's wealthy White people.  If Trump-Clinton didn't change that dynamic, I don't think anything will.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »

I find it amusing how obsessed with this you are, RINO Tom. It's almost as if you don't want "White working-class voters" in your party. Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 05:13:36 PM »

I find it amusing how obsessed with this you are, RINO Tom. It's almost as if you don't want "White working-class voters" in your party. Tongue
It's more amusing that he claims to be a conservative.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »

Uh, ditto, dude.  And "WWC" voters are more than welcome in the party if they, ya know, AGREE WITH THE PARTY.  Restricting trade, raising the minimum wage, imposing more regulations, etc. is liberal.  Period.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »

Uh, ditto, dude.  And "WWC" voters are more than welcome in the party if they, ya know, AGREE WITH THE PARTY.  Restricting trade, raising the minimum wage, imposing more regulations, etc. is liberal.  Period.

You could also argue that supporting abortion is liberal. Period. Sometimes it's not as easy as it seems. Also, how can the Republican Party win an election without these voters? For every Romney/Clinton voter like you, there's two Obama/Trump voters in a state like Iowa, for example.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »

What it means to be a liberal/conservative, or even whether an idea can be considered liberal/conservative, changes all the time. This year showed us that a person's view on trade has nothing to do with their ideology - Trump and Sanders have the EXACT SAME POSITION ON TRADE, despite their very different political ideologies.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »

You could also argue that supporting abortion is liberal. Period. Sometimes it's not as easy as it seems. Also, how can the Republican Party win an election without these voters? For every Romney/Clinton voter like you, there's two Obama/Trump voters in a state like Iowa, for example.

True.  Also, who cares about whether or not we meet some ethereal "pure" conservatism?  Conservative is just a word, nothing more.  Its meaning changes constantly as well. I may not like Trump's character, but his set of policy prescriptions is far more likely to garner a winning coalition than the standard neoconservative/supply-side economics mix propounded by our past two nominees.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 07:28:27 PM by Green Line »

Why does RINO tom hate poor whites?  Not nice.  We need to embrace everybody.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:04 PM »

Why does RINO tom hate poor whites?  Not nice.  We need to embrace everybody.

We are all Stronger Together. Wink
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 07:43:54 PM »

Does that include white liberals? Tongue
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »

Maybe.  But they have to get to the back of the bus.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies