Clinton Allies Plot Anti-Trump Insurgency
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Allies Plot Anti-Trump Insurgency
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Clinton Allies Plot Anti-Trump Insurgency  (Read 2567 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »

Good work in this thread guys.

The party's chances in 2018 and 2020 are certainly looking up with this sort of impeccable unity.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2016, 09:58:18 PM »

Now do what the Clinton people are doing and instead of bitching on the past, fight the man who now is in the white house.

You are, uh... aware that Bernie has been out countering Trump while your God Queen has been walking dogs in Chappaqua, right?

Nah it was Salty Bern Bro's like you dumb asses that did that.

Actually, it looks like it was low turnout in poor urban areas that your candidate never managed to connect with, and poor rural areas your candidate never even bothered to talk to in the first place. But who am I to look at the numbers?

Judging by the infighting between True Leftists and more pragmatic Democrats, you're probably right about us being impotent.  Sad

I think it's pretty important that the very dangerous notions that "pragmatists" have harbored for the past 20 years (which lost them this election, 2014, and 2010 before it) be put to bed.

Preferably with their political careers. We're only gonna be able to truly resist when Clintonista 3rd way centrism is a dead ideology.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »

Why?  I could buy that Trump was the Republican FDR if he won 57/40 and held Clinton to 5 states, but Trump's actual win was so contentious that I cannot believe Democrats won't be able to organize a potent opposition.
The Dems are disorganized cats. They won't recover until I win the nomination in 2032.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »

These guys will run the Dem party to the ground. The Clinton's have destroyed the Dem party & need to f*** off. David pathetic piece of sh** Brock needs to go away. These people are a disgrace.

And these jokers & the stupid people in this forum never learn - Clinton spend 100's of Millions of $ more than Trump mostly in negative ads & it meant jack sh**. And they try the same stupid strategy.

And Clinton fans in this forum ELECTED Trump by electing the most unelectable Dem candidate ever. Every person has something or the other in oppo - Do you think Creepy Uncle Joe had nothing?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 12:36:48 AM »

Dear lord...

Its like February all over again.

Even Shadows and Jfern are back Sad

Fight all you want guys, just remember to vote in the midterms. 
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »

These guys will run the Dem party to the ground. The Clinton's have destroyed the Dem party & need to f*** off. David pathetic piece of sh** Brock needs to go away. These people are a disgrace.

And these jokers & the stupid people in this forum never learn - Clinton spend 100's of Millions of $ more than Trump mostly in negative ads & it meant jack sh**. And they try the same stupid strategy.

And Clinton fans in this forum ELECTED Trump by electing the most unelectable Dem candidate ever. Every person has something or the other in oppo - Do you think Creepy Uncle Joe had nothing?
Yeah, the rapist won over the flawed politician. We're the bad people for voting for her over him.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 01:44:26 AM »

If your objective is to purge all the moderates from the Democratic Party (the conservatives are long-gone), then good luck winning in the 2020 general election.  You'll just have to manage it on your own.  I certainly won't lift a finger to help you, or vote for your nominee.  And I doubt I'll be alone with that sentiment.  
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 02:16:49 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 02:20:30 AM by Chickenhawk »

If your objective is to purge all the moderates from the Democratic Party (the conservatives are long-gone), then good luck winning in the 2020 general election.  You'll just have to manage it on your own.  I certainly won't lift a finger to help you, or vote for your nominee.  And I doubt I'll be alone with that sentiment.  

That's a little rich considering the attitude y'all take toward Progs who didn't want to vote for your nominee. For the record I did vote for Clinton and, God help me, will vote for awful Democratic caniddates in the future. I even went and knocked doors during GOTV for a coordinated campaign. Because despite it all I actually care about this train-wreck of a party.

But in any case, I don't think the Dems need the votes of dyed in the wool moderates. In fact, since they tend to be affluent, coastal suburbanites that alienate the rest of the country from the party, I think we'll do quite a bit better.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2016, 02:31:43 AM »

... Are you one of "the moderates"? Or do you just sympathize more with them than with the base?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2016, 02:45:17 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 02:51:25 AM by Frodo »

That's a little rich considering the attitude y'all take toward Progs who didn't want to vote for your nominee. For the record I did vote for Clinton and, God help me, will vote for awful Democratic caniddates in the future. I even went and knocked doors during GOTV for a coordinated campaign. Because despite it all I actually care about this train-wreck of a party.

Hardly.  Not only did all you lefties not want to vote for Hillary, many of you actually didn't.  Hillary lost because many of those Millennials (synonymous with progressives) who voted for Obama (or would have, if they were old enough) didn't turn out to vote for her, especially in those key Midwestern states that would have made the difference in the electoral college.    

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Best of luck to you then.  
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2016, 02:52:28 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 03:03:48 AM by Chickenhawk »

Hardly.  Not only did all you lefties not want to vote for Hillary, many of you actually didn't.  Hillary lost because many of those Millennials (synonymous with progressives) who voted for Obama (or would have, if they were old enough) didn't turn out to vote for her, especially in those key Midwestern states that would have made the difference in the electoral college.    

I think you should look at the districts where turnout was down, and look at some of the data before you make conclusions.

Here's a start: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/12/the_myth_of_the_rust_belt_revolt.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html?_r=0

Also, blaming voters for not voting for someone is simply laughable. Candidates and campaigns either succeed or fail to reach voters. If they fail, it's not the voters' fault.

PPS: claiming that millenials = progressives if the darned WaPo thinkpiece you're citing offers an exit poll that suggests that Trump did only 3 points worse in the demographic is... an interesting choice.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2016, 03:23:06 AM »

I think you should look at the districts where turnout was down, and look at some of the data before you make conclusions.

Here's a start: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/12/the_myth_of_the_rust_belt_revolt.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html?_r=0

Also, blaming voters for not voting for someone is simply laughable. Candidates and campaigns either succeed or fail to reach voters. If they fail, it's not the voters' fault.

That's fine -what I don't appreciate is having True Leftists here blaming moderates and pragmatic Democrats for the defeat, and seek to marginalize them out of the party.  That just fosters anger and bitterness among those Democrats who don't identify with them.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't know what you just said here (though it is 3 in the morning, so I'll make allowances), so I will focus on your doubt on my claim equating millennials with progressives.

I'm referring to those millennials most likely to vote Democratic.  After all, the name of the game is to turn out the base vote and everyone most likely to vote for you.  And they are indeed more liberal than older generations. 
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2016, 03:47:17 AM »

I don't know what you just said here (though it is 3 in the morning, so I'll make allowances), so I will focus on your doubt on my claim equating millennials with progressives.

I'm referring to those millennials most likely to vote Democratic.  After all, the name of the game is to turn out the base vote and everyone most likely to vote for you.  And they are indeed more liberal than older generations. 

To put it simply, claiming that "millenials" are progressive, or even that "millenials" that voted for Obama are progressive, is misguided.

Firstly, "young people" (aka 18-35) is what the article you cited is actually talking about. Some people have aged out of the cohort in four years, and a huge number have aged in. Plus, millenials is a  term loaded with a certain amount of cloud oriented fist shaking that doesn't help your argument. The ideological composition of the 18-35 demo likely changed quite a bit between 2012 and 2016.

Second, you are talking about a group of people who are, yes, young. Ideology changes. This feeds into the above supposition that defining 18-35 voters ideologically one election to the next is difficult at best.

Third, blaming 18-35 voters might be accurate in a proximate sense (if Clinton had done as well in 18-35 yo voters as Pres. Obama, she would have won) it's missing the forest for the trees. In this election, Clinton was unable to motivate the *entire * Democratic coalition. If you're going to blame Progs for Clinton's loss to turn back their demands for changes in party leadership and orientation, you'd best also blame civil rights groups when they make demands since poor urban turnout was down, and unions when they make demands, since WCW Democratic voters *disappeared * in this election vs 2012.

It makes total sense to blame Moderate Heroes (claiming that centrists are the only pragmatists is simply preposterous. Indeed, they seem to negotiate by surrendering) on the loss, since they foisted  the single least appealing Democratic candidate of a generation on the rest of us (seriously. John Kerry's vote totals would have won this election.), and this to cap off 8 years of losing ground to conservatives on basically every non-presidential field. It's time they gave up the helm. Full stop.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2016, 05:18:02 AM »

reminder that 18-29 year old whites actually voted for trump 47-43. the younger generations are more progressive primarily because they're less white
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »

reminder that 18-29 year old whites actually voted for trump 47-43. the younger generations are more progressive primarily because they're less white

Romney won 'em by 7 in 2012, so...progress?

The party's chances in 2018 and 2020 are certainly looking up with this sort of impeccable unity.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »

The Clinton people all need to just retire. Their era is over.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »

X Chickenhawk
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 05:32:10 PM »

Romney won 'em by 7 in 2012, so...progress?

I'm not seeing the point here.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »

This is such an ignorant comment it's not even funny.  No one is saying anything about purging "moderates" because there's no such thing as a moderate.  There are multiple issues people vote on, and everyone holds different positions on every issues.  Your idea of a "moderate" I guess is being a corporatist who does favors to their big business donors, and believe that's why your idiotic candidate lost to a clown.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »

Ya, but what about Chelsea?

She may be attempting to enter politics at the U.S. House level, as you no doubt are aware.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 12:11:21 AM »

This will be way more effective then anything the collage bernie left will do.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »

No it's trash like you who did.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 12:18:09 AM »

Jfern is NOT "Bernie left". He did not follow Bernie's lead and support his candidate in the election. He is a traitor to Bernie and the movement.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2016, 12:19:02 AM »

Jfern is NOT "Bernie left". He did not follow Bernie's lead and support his candidate in the election. He is a traitor to Bernie and the movement.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2016, 12:20:49 AM »

Partisan feelings aside I don't see how Trumpers can be offended by liberals acting just like they have for the past 8 years and for the same reasons
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies