Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary  (Read 542 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/308502-cruz-campaign-manager-advised-trump-team-before-new-hampshire
mencken
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:23 AM »

Let me get this straight:
  • Cruz spent seven months of his campaign angling to be the second choice for Donald Trump supporters if and when their candidate imploded.
  • Cruz's campaign manager called Trump's campaign to give them a heads-up when such an implosion appeared imminent.

Either Cruz hired the biggest idiots in political strategy, or even his own campaign could not stand him. Did they really think that Kasich was going to be their biggest adversary heading in South Carolina, Nevada, and a South-heavy Super Tuesday?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »

Let me see if I understand: the campaigns of Trump and Cruz decided to engage in collusion because Kasich dared to threaten them in one primary state? Jeff Roe should be prosecuted for this.

• Cruz spent seven months of his campaign angling to be the second choice for Donald Trump supporters if and when their candidate imploded.
  • Cruz's campaign manager called Trump's campaign to give them a heads-up when such an implosion appeared imminent.

Either Cruz hired the biggest idiots in political strategy, or even his own campaign could not stand him. Did they really think that Kasich was going to be their biggest adversary heading in South Carolina, Nevada, and a South-heavy Super Tuesday?
For Cruz, Kasich's ideology and campaign posed a far bigger threat to him and his extremist, right-wing allies. Apparently Trump's opposition to centrism and "the establishment" was more important than morals.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 03:44:23 AM »

Let me see if I understand: the campaigns of Trump and Cruz decided to engage in collusion because Kasich dared to threaten them in one primary state? Jeff Roe should be prosecuted for this.

For Cruz, Kasich's ideology and campaign posed a far bigger threat to him and his extremist, right-wing allies. Apparently Trump's opposition to centrism and "the establishment" was more important than morals.

Jeff Roe practically killed someone to keep them from running for MO Governor.

I have learned through this cycle not to trust Corey Lewandowski as it is has been patently clear that he has been fabricating crap to keep himself relevant.

Keep this in mind. The supposed "architect" of Trumps win in NH, was Corey. Now he is basically going out and saying, "Nope wasn't me, it was Lyin Ted".
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:53:44 AM »

If true then this must be a Cruz strategy that, base on the IA results, the see a low cap but high floor for Trump's support.  In which case killing of Trump is not viable.  What is a way to move forward is to kill over everyone else and make it a Trump vs Cruz election where Cruz will win.  BTW, I think this is pretty much what Rubio Bush and Kasich were planning as well.  As a result they never joined forces to take on Trump with the result being Trump wins the GOP nomination.
mencken
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »

I repeat my question as to how Kasich was ever going to be a viable threat in any contest up to Super Tuesday? He was a total nonfactor other than in Vermont, Massachusetts, and Virginia, but Cruz was never going to win those states anyway.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »

No, they thought Rubio was going to be their biggest adversary coming up. This happened before Rubio's implosion. Just a few days before, when it was looking like Rubio was bound for 2nd in NH rather than 5th.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies