Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:57:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lewandowski: Cruz campaign helped Trump win NH primary  (Read 557 times)
mencken
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:23 AM »

Let me get this straight:
  • Cruz spent seven months of his campaign angling to be the second choice for Donald Trump supporters if and when their candidate imploded.
  • Cruz's campaign manager called Trump's campaign to give them a heads-up when such an implosion appeared imminent.

Either Cruz hired the biggest idiots in political strategy, or even his own campaign could not stand him. Did they really think that Kasich was going to be their biggest adversary heading in South Carolina, Nevada, and a South-heavy Super Tuesday?
mencken
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »

Let me see if I understand: the campaigns of Trump and Cruz decided to engage in collusion because Kasich dared to threaten them in one primary state? Jeff Roe should be prosecuted for this.

Let me get this straight:
  • Cruz spent seven months of his campaign angling to be the second choice for Donald Trump supporters if and when their candidate imploded.
  • Cruz's campaign manager called Trump's campaign to give them a heads-up when such an implosion appeared imminent.

Either Cruz hired the biggest idiots in political strategy, or even his own campaign could not stand him. Did they really think that Kasich was going to be their biggest adversary heading in South Carolina, Nevada, and a South-heavy Super Tuesday?
For Cruz, Kasich's ideology and campaign posed a far bigger threat to him and his extremist, right-wing allies. Apparently Trump's opposition to centrism and "the establishment" was more important than morals.

I repeat my question as to how Kasich was ever going to be a viable threat in any contest up to Super Tuesday? He was a total nonfactor other than in Vermont, Massachusetts, and Virginia, but Cruz was never going to win those states anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies