Office of Distinguished Atlasian LLR (LLR FOR SENATE!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Distinguished Atlasian LLR (LLR FOR SENATE!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Distinguished Atlasian LLR (LLR FOR SENATE!)  (Read 990 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2016, 09:31:06 PM by LLR »

I may be ineligible, but I would still like to serve in the Northern Assembly. Gov. Wells has agreed to put me on the ballot, and if elected I will sit as a spectator and shout things at the assemblymen, which I hope they will agree to count as votes.

My distinguished record.

Northeastern Assemblyman: February 2016-April 2016
Northeastern Speaker: April 2016
Northern Assemblyman: August 2016-September 2016
Atlasian Representative: September 2016-October 2016
Distinguished Journalist: October 2016-November 2016
Northern Senator: October 2016-November 2016

Vote LLR for Senate - If nothing else, you can trust I'll be active.

Endorsers (Purple heart)Sad

Rep. and RG Peebs
fmr. rep. evergreen
Gov. Mike Wells
Delegate Spenstar
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »

Endorsed. I was sad to see you leave, but now I see that you never truly left us, so it won't really make a difference if you're eligible or not. And the Northern Assembly does need more activity, as I've said a few times before. I'm sure you would be able to deliver. If anyone else wants to run as well, then I would wholeheartedly encourage it.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »

Ehhh. I don't think this will end well...
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 08:57:13 PM »

Is it against the law for LLR to serve? I think it is but I'm not 100% sure.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 09:19:57 PM »

Endorsed. I was sad to see you leave, but now I see that you never truly left us, so it won't really make a difference if you're eligible or not. And the Northern Assembly does need more activity, as I've said a few times before. I'm sure you would be able to deliver. If anyone else wants to run as well, then I would wholeheartedly encourage it.

Thank you

I've put forth my proposal - there is a problem of inactivity here, and we can only see if the voters want to try to cure it or if they'd rather follow the rules

If it isn't, that'd be awesome
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 09:30:39 PM »

I will also say that if we can get 5 candidates to run, I will withdraw my candidacy, stop lobbying for re-registration, and wait until January 1st like a normal person. I just want to do what's best for this game.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »

I suppose he could not do it *officially*--I'm sure there's a "registered voter" requirement in the Northern Constitution, which (I guess?) would keep him from being on the ballot--but he could technically sit there and say stuff.

Of course, the President could technically pardon you. I remember Bore did that when (ironically Tongue) Blair came back in 2015.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

From the Northern Constitution:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So LLR is regrettably ineligible to serve on the Assembly; however, there is nothing to stop him from taking part in debate, and he could indirectly propose legislation as long as a delegate is willing to sponsor it for him.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 11:59:27 PM »

If he gets on the ballot, I will sue.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »

Don't you want the game to be active? Nobody has even given me a reason as to why the two month window exists yet...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 02:17:19 PM »

Don't you want the game to be active? Nobody has even given me a reason as to why the two month window exists yet...

hey i mean given rpryor's track record in lawsuits - don't worry
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »

It doesn't matter whether there's a reason or not, it's what the law says, which you have continued to support.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

We only need one or two more people to run for this to be completely unnecessary! Don't make me do this, folks.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:44 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2016, 08:50:52 PM by LLR »

STATEMENT: I have re-registered in Colorado. This thread is no longer necessary. Thank you.

I have also decided to run for Senate again. The people of Fremont need a real progressive populist to represent them in the Senate. I have experience and willpower, and I will make the right decisions. Any questions?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »

Endorsed! You'll be a great voice for Fremont.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »

STATEMENT: I have re-registered in Colorado. This thread is no longer necessary. Thank you.

I have also decided to run for Senate again. The people of Fremont need a real progressive populist to represent them in the Senate. I have experience and willpower, and I will make the right decisions. Any questions?

Yeah, I have one. Why should I vote for you if you left around a month ago anyways?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »

endorsed (normal)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2016, 12:32:20 PM by LLR »

Yeah, I have one. Why should I vote for you if you left around a month ago anyways?

The events of last month were some that I am not proud of it. I got angry and I began to resent some of the things about this game. Now, I have calmed down and I'm happy to see some things have been changed. We have an activity crisis, and one thing I've always been known as is active. I'll be devoted to my duty as a legislator, and I promise I will not quit on my people again. I hope this answer satisfies you, and I wish to see you vote for me!

If elected, I promise to be held accountable. Every week, I will post recaps of the goings-on in the Senate and explain each of my votes. I will fight for the lower and middle classes, and Fremonters from Seattle to Taos and everywhere in between.

Thanks to Peebs and evergreen, btw.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »

Uh, I guess he'll make an okay Senator. He would have made a better Assemblyman though.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »

Uh, I guess he'll make an okay Senator. He would have made a better Assemblyman though.

Enthusiastically endorsed. Everyone please vote for LLR.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »

The results haven't yet been certified, but it appears that we have won this race. Thank you all so much, to all who voted, endorsed, or provided any help. I look forward to getting real work done in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies