Trump's largest raw margins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:17:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's largest raw margins
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's largest raw margins  (Read 415 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2016, 01:35:16 PM by Erc »

I was a bit taken aback (though I shouldn't have been) by Trump's raw margin in York County, PA--enough, in fact, to give him the whole state at this point.

So I was curious as to where Trump racked up similarly large vote margins in other counties.  In other words, roughly, where are the densest concentration of Trump supporters?  These are mainly going to be big suburban counties that went heavy for Trump.

CountyNearest CityTrump Margin
York, PAYork60004
Collin, TXDallas60390
Brevard, FLTitusville62169
St. Tammany, LA   New Orleans63198
Waukesha, WIMilwaukee63321
Lee, FLFort Myers66643
El Paso, COColorado Springs   71218
Ocean, NJn/a91929
Montgomery, TXHouston104479

The margins in York & Waukesha are enough to account for Trump's entire margins in those states.  The largest-margin county in Michigan (Macomb, in the Detroit suburbs, with a margin of 48,348) is obviously enough to flip that state as well.  Lee & Brevard together would flip Florida.

Utah, UT gets an honorable mention for a 73,600 vote margin between Trump and Clinton, though only a 41,650 margin between Trump and McMullin.

Note that of these, Montgomery, Collin, Waukesha, and St Tammany (the actual suburban commuter counties) actually did swing to Clinton, while the rest swung to Trump.

[Also, what's up with Polk County, OR?]
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:42:32 PM »

I was a bit taken aback (though I shouldn't have been) by Trump's raw margin in York County, PA--enough, in fact, to give him the whole state at this point.

So I was curious as to where Trump racked up similarly large vote margins in other counties.  In other words, roughly, where are the densest concentration of Trump supporters?  These are mainly going to be big suburban counties that went heavy for Trump.

CountyNearest CityTrump Margin
York, PAYork60004
Collin, TXDallas60390
Brevard, FLTitusville62169
St. Tammany, LA   New Orleans63198
Waukesha, WIMilwaukee63321
Lee, FLFort Myers66643
El Paso, COColorado Springs   71218
Ocean, NJn/a91929
Montgomery, TXHouston104479

The margins in York & Waukesha are enough to account for Trump's entire margins in those states.  The largest-margin county in Michigan (Macomb, in the Detroit suburbs, with a margin of 48,348) is obviously enough to flip that state as well.  Lee & Brevard together would flip Florida.

Utah, UT gets an honorable mention for a 73,600 vote margin between Trump and Clinton, though only a 41,650 margin between Trump and McMullin.

Note that of these, Montgomery, Collin, Waukesha, and St Tammany (the actual suburban commuter counties) actually did swing to Clinton, while the rest swung to Trump.

[Also, what's up with Polk County, OR?]

Looks like Polk is just a mistake on Dave's map
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies