President Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:53:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  President Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Donald Trump

Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: President Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton  (Read 3599 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »

Hillary comes back with revenge runs unopposed and wins the democratic nomination in March 2020. This time she is more negative and campaigns basically around the clock against The Donald.

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »

Hillary comes back with revenge runs unopposed and wins the democratic nomination in March 2020. This time she is more negative and campaigns basically around the clock against The Donald.

So she runs the same exact campaign 4 years later? Trump wins unless his approvals really tank
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:07:36 PM »

Trump would win. There are few things that (many) Americans love more than hating Hillary Clinton to an extreme degree.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »

She loses the PV this time as well and there would likely be a further left candidate running. Centrism needs to be purged from the party because as we've seen, younger progressives won't show up to support the 90s Democratic establishment in the 21st century.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »

She loses the PV this time as well and there would likely be a further left candidate running. Centrism needs to be purged from the party because as we've seen, younger progressives won't show up to support the 90s Democratic establishment in the 21st century.
lol bye.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »

Why would the Democrats want to hand Trump a second term on a silver platter by nominating Clinton again?

Now, we know that Sanders would have been a much better candidate than Clinton, but its too late.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »

This scenario is unlikely. But I think Hillary would win in the rematch. 2016 was very close. And now that Trump has failed to 'make America great again' and deliver on his promises, and Clinton does not have to swim against the tide of a change election and Republican year, I think she would be the favorite. However, please don't have her run, she is a terrible candidate and she had her chance and blew it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

I predict that Donald Trump will be a very bad President, ready to be defeated much like Hoover in 1932 or Carter in 1980. He has promised miracles and will bring disaster instead. He wins only in a rigged election (which I cannot now rule out).
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

Do you know many millions of Sanders voters went for her (even disliking her) just to keep Trump out?

Do you feel you can shove Clinton again? Not only will support among Sanders voters tank with low turnout, surging 3rd party but Trump may gain a big chunk of Sanders supporters if he can govern in a way that he is not a monster & is similar to Hillary.

The progressive young people will stick it to the Dem party if you guys don't provide real change!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »

"Shove Clinton?"

I know it's in vogue to forget, but it took immense political skill and years of hard work proving herself to clear the field in '16. And after achieving that, she managed to win millions and millions of votes more  than her closest opponent in the primary. She was chosen by the party. She was the people's choice at literally every juncture this year. Anyone could have challenged her and competed to amass more votes in the primary. Few did, and the ones that did failed to defeat her. She won. Period.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:52:45 PM »

I know it's in vogue to forget, but it took immense political skill and years of hard work proving herself to clear the field in '16. And after achieving that, she managed to win millions and millions of votes more  than her closest opponent in the primary. She was chosen by the party. She was the people's choice at literally every juncture this year. Anyone could have challenged her and competed to amass more votes in the primary. Few did, and the ones that did failed to defeat her. She won. Period.

It isn't particularly unusual in a tennis match for the player who won the most points overall to lose the match, at least if the match is close. If that player were to declare that they had won really then people would be confused; the rules are the rules and the match is decided by how many sets are won (and these by how many games) not by the running total of points and the player knew that at the start of the match, indeed had obviously known it for their entire life. You follow me here?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »

I mean I understand the frustration and the bitterness. I really do. Yet...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

I think Hagrid was talking about the primary.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 03:14:02 PM »

It reads like he's talking about both? Whatever; it's a useful point to bear in mind. It is gutting to lose like this of course but the rules are the rules and strategies are based around them...

...like I'm really not trying to be a prick here. I get that this must hurt like hell.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 03:18:12 PM »

I mean, I can think she can both acknowledge that she fairly lost and take pride in winning the popular vote at every juncture at the same time. She has never clearly lost the popular vote in any election she's ever run in. That is a source of real validation since a lot of her career has been about the public's perception of her as an individual and as an avatar for her generation.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 04:40:12 PM »

Assuming she even wants to run, the Democratic Party won't choose her unless she triples the amount of cheating done against Bernie.
JJC

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:07 PM »

I predict that Donald Trump will be a very bad President, ready to be defeated much like Hoover in 1932 or Carter in 1980. He has promised miracles and will bring disaster instead. He wins only in a rigged election (which I cannot now rule out).

He's already brought +50,000 jobs to the US (and a $50 billion investment) in less than 1 month, and he isn't even president yet.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 07:27:58 PM »

I predict that Donald Trump will be a very bad President, ready to be defeated much like Hoover in 1932 or Carter in 1980. He has promised miracles and will bring disaster instead He wins only in a rigged election (which I cannot now rule out).

Please stop. Democrats please stop saying this.

We can't bet everything on Trump being an obvious disaster before his first term is up. We already did that this general election cycle and it backfired. If dems sit on their hands and tell themselves that they got 2020 in the bag because Trump will fail then they will likely lose. The odds that Trump ends up being an average range President is far more likely than him being the worst President since W.

If W. and Nixon could get two terms than The Donald certainly could. We have got to stop underestimating this man for gods sakes. Even if he ends up as an unmitigated disaster, those effects will likely not be apparent until after his first term is over. Don't let complacency screw us over yet again.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »

Trump will be President and he'll have to act Presidential.

Hillary will be able to be nasty, and she'll have the claim of having won the popular vote. 

The Democrats don't have a slew of bench players ready to step up.

IF (and it's a big IF) Hillary is able to get cleared, once and for all, of the issues surrounding the Clinton Foundation and the e-mails, and in a way where the average citizen can view all of it as "Much Ado About Nothing", then she (A) could be nominated, and (B) might beat Trump if he proves disappointing.   I don't think she can do all of this, but it's far from impossible, IMO.  Perhaps Hillary can learn and change.  On the other hand, this election showed folks that the 1990s Clinton crap will never die, and will always drag her down.  Hillary will NEVER be popular, and she'll have to be REALLY disciplined and eat a WHOLE LOT OF MANURE from all sorts of folks if she's going to be a contender, let alone be nominated, and I'm not sure she can be elected at this point, as folks have made up their minds on her.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »

HRC is just not a talented politican....which makes her boring in an inauthentic way. (authentic boring works just fine)

like trump can't learn to act like a decent and rational human being at his age, hrc can't learn to loose up her heart and brain at this age.

doesn't seem "fair" but who wants a fair game has no place in politics anyway.

Mike67
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »

I think President Trump would defeat Hillary in 2020 however with her health she may not be alive in 2020 to run for President.
Ricky1121
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 09:48:30 PM »

If Dems nominated Clinton again, and Trump ran for re-election, this would be the 2020 map (EVs won't be the same, though)
Mike67
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »

If Dems nominated Clinton again, and Trump ran for re-election, this would be the 2020 map (EVs won't be the same, though)

I think Hillary would still win Colorado,New Mexico and Virginia.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 09:56:50 PM »

Voted Hillary, since I still think she's the lesser of two evils, but it would depend on how Donald does as President and who the third-party candidates are.

You are wrong, my friend -- EV's will still be the same in 2020 Smiley

The Census is not finalized in time for changes to take effect if a presidential election is the same year as the Census. 2000 was held under 1990s numbers, 1980 under 1970s numbers, and so on and so forth. 2020 will be held under 2010s numbers, and the new numbers will only take effect in 2024.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »

So the Democratic party is basically a dictatorship? She would be in 3rd place on November 8 if this comes to pass.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies