Dozens Dead After Fire at Warehouse in Oakland CA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:04:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dozens Dead After Fire at Warehouse in Oakland CA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dozens Dead After Fire at Warehouse in Oakland CA  (Read 235 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:43:31 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2016, 07:05:25 PM by Kevin »

The building in question appears to have been illegally converted to accommodate dance parties.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/04/death-toll-reaches-24-in-oakland-warehouse-fire/
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:46:20 PM »

Very sad.  A lot of these clubs are way over crowded with very few routes to escape.  This has happened before and will happen again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »

I once went to a "warehouse party" (some local grunge band was filming a video and this girl I liked at the time dragged me along) in Lake Worth where the said friend (we were 15 at the time, BTW) was hanging out with a bunch of sketchy, leering older hipster artist douchebags who were way, way, way out of line when it came to their interactions with her. Most of them were probably older than I am now then, and that was five years ago.

My brother and his collective of junkie friends in the Gardens were into these type of places. Long before this fire happened I've been weary of them.

I guess I can add dying in a fire to the list of warehouse party related fears, which also include trying heavier drugs than I'd otherwise try (coke and MDMA come to mind), getting sodomized, getting caught up in a mass shooting, being trampled to death, being caught up in a police raid, the building collapsing, getting myself into a fight I can't win and getting my ass kicked, etc, etc.

People need to stay the hell out of warehouses. Every single time I hear about them, it usually involves heroin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies