During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:25:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?
They have become more conservative

They have stayed the same

They have become more liberal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?  (Read 6433 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: December 05, 2016, 02:15:05 AM »

They haven't shifted this year.  But, despite winning this election, I do have some concerns for what it means for my wing of the party (Rubio, Cruz, Walker, McCrory, Pence, etc.) long term.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:10:51 PM »

One thing I will say is that I feel like my 100% pro-unrestricted free trade stance doesn't fit in anymore.  That is the only issue, though, where I really feel like my party has left me.  I was worried for a while that it would concede too much to the libertarian wing (like the PATRIOT Act, which I support unequivocally), but, at least Trump's nomination went against that force.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

As for me, I got pulled so far to the left that my party label switched. I used to think center-left pro-business liberalism was good for all, but my mindset is totally with the labor movement now, and I feel foolish for previously conflating the two as equally relevant, good and indistinct philosophies.

So, did you just vote for Trump because of abortion and political correctness, or did you have another reason?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies