During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:35:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?
They have become more conservative

They have stayed the same

They have become more liberal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?  (Read 6429 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: December 04, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »

I've also realized that my ideological differences with 'liberals' are of kind and not degree.

Speaking of which, Lib/Con is a terrible dichotomy with which to discuss politics.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48:23 PM »

You really think it's good that the country has legions and legions of economically struggling people who think the root cause of their problems is immigrants and big government, so vote for candidates  who would literally take away the only support they're actually getting? How do you propose these people be swayed to vote in their own interest? The evidence, logic, and facts that we would want to use would be seen as untrustworthy elitist hogwash. The only language they know is "feeling" like something is true. It makes things incredibly difficult.

Well I think that actually campaigning on your economic platform rather than "I am just so shocked at how mean my opponent is and how he violates Our Hallowed Democratic Process!" would be a start.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:54:27 AM »

Literally zero people switched from Obama to Trump because of immigration and big government. Nice try, though.

If Trump fails us and caves to that heartless coward sociopath Paul Ryan, just see how swiftly we abandon him too.

"Literally zero."

Okay, pal. Okay. Roll Eyes

Trump gave them scapegoats and bogeymen that distracted voters from the truth. Maybe they'll get a better understanding of reality when they lose their health insurance.

Trump picked up comparatively few voters though. The far bigger problem was that Clinton simply didn't motivate turnout.*

*In electorally decisive areas of the country
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies