During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?
They have become more conservative

They have stayed the same

They have become more liberal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?  (Read 6453 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: December 05, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »

I am hoping Non Swing Voter's post here is more of a direct response to Trumpism than a representation of his actual beliefs. Even I believe the government should help the working class and the poor and struggling.

That being said, I see the appeal of cutting off all of the support that flows from the coasts to the heartland, if only to show these folks how much they rely on the elites that they decry so much. If some temporary tough love is what it takes to show them that they should be voting for Democrats, well... so be it.

Except that the people who get money from federal programs aren't the ones generally voting GOP. So you might get the attention of the non voters and democrats of the red states.

Trump voters are far more successful and make much more money than Hillary voters. This experiment would be funny.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

I am hoping Non Swing Voter's post here is more of a direct response to Trumpism than a representation of his actual beliefs. Even I believe the government should help the working class and the poor and struggling.

That being said, I see the appeal of cutting off all of the support that flows from the coasts to the heartland, if only to show these folks how much they rely on the elites that they decry so much. If some temporary tough love is what it takes to show them that they should be voting for Democrats, well... so be it.

Except that the people who get money from federal programs aren't the ones generally voting GOP. So you might get the attention of the non voters and democrats of the red states.

Trump voters are far more successful and make much more money than Hillary voters. This experiment would be funny.

Farm subsidies?  Social security/Medicare for wealthy retirees?  Mortgage interest deduction?  Tax-exempt houses of worship?  The fact that you can claim any itemized tax deductions without first passing drug tests?

What is the question here?

Farm subsidies? Maybe.

Social security/medicare? Upper income retirees vote for us. Low income retirees vote for you. Cut away, if you can. I have no idea why you restricted this to our retirees.

Mortgage interest deduction? Higher value properties reside in blue states. See number 5.

Tax exempt houses of worship? Maybe.

Itemized deductions? I don't know who uses drugs, but I know who itemizes. Blue states. At least for now, anyway, until we repeal the state/local income tax deduction to pay for the Wall.

Link

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies