Trump blasting China about military in South China Sea on Twitter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:33:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump blasting China about military in South China Sea on Twitter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump blasting China about military in South China Sea on Twitter  (Read 1133 times)
EnglishPete

« on: December 05, 2016, 05:51:15 AM »

Thankfully, reports say that Trump will soon have to hand his personal twitter account to the Secret Service.

SAD!
"Have to". He'll be their boss in a few weeks. Then also he'll have access to the @POTUS account. You don't think he's going to use it?
EnglishPete

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »

Thankfully, reports say that Trump will soon have to hand his personal twitter account to the Secret Service.

SAD!
Trump tweeted the following earlier today

"If the press would cover me accurately and honorably, I would have far less reason to "tweet". Sadly I don't know if that will ever happen!"

How I understand this is that the press have been calling on him to give up twitter because they don't like the way he can communicate with the public unfiltered by the press. He's saying here that if the press don't give him the opportunity to do the same on their platforms, which he realises they won't do, then he'll carry on using social media.

In other words he's say to his detractors in the media "If you don't like me tweeting too bad, you'll just have to get used to it for the next four to eight years".
EnglishPete

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »

SAD!
Trump tweeted the following earlier today

"If the press would cover me accurately and honorably, I would have far less reason to "tweet". Sadly I don't know if that will ever happen!"

How I understand this is that the press have been calling on him to give up twitter because they don't like the way he can communicate with the public unfiltered by the press. He's saying here that if the press don't give him the opportunity to do the same on their platforms, which he realises they won't do, then he'll carry on using social media.

In other words he's say to his detractors in the media "If you don't like me tweeting too bad, you'll just have to get used to it for the next four to eight years".

If "his detractors in the media" had covered him "fairly and honorably" he would have been out of the race last fall.
It was noticeable that the major liberal media gave him major publicity in the Primaries that helped him and that their coverage turned into an anti-Trump hate fest in the general. I have to wonder if they were deliberately helping him in the primaries at the behest of the Clinton campaign because the Clinton campaign thought he'd be an easier candidate to beat in the general with the help of the legacy media. These kinds of media barrages have worked well in the past for the liberal media (see Joe McCarthy, Barry Goldwater etc). They didn't realise they don't work so well in the age of social media when people can bypass the legacy liberal media.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies