Jeff Sessions' Coming War on Legal Marijuana
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:03:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeff Sessions' Coming War on Legal Marijuana
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jeff Sessions' Coming War on Legal Marijuana  (Read 2751 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 02:48:44 PM »

I welcome this fight, as long as the Democrats don't pussy out. This is a winning issue for them.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »

I think the real "war on legal marijuana" is likely to take the form of a future that is so terrifying, so insecure, and so full of anxiety that no one can enjoy a smoke even if it's legal to have one. Best to stick with alcohol, opioids, and tranqs over the next few years, I think.
Opioids should be avoided like the plague.

Yeah. The suggestion otherwise isn't funny.

No one is going to become a dope fiend because they misunderstood my attempt to make a dark joke on the Atlas forum and decided to try heroin or something. But let's see how many people are poisoning themselves after a couple of years living under the policies of Sanchez's beloved Dear Leader. Let's see how many people are addicted to opioids after Attorney General Sessions cracks down on legal marijuana and they have nothing else available to help them cope with their pain. Let's see how many people are dying from overdoses when rural critical access hospitals are closing by the dozens because many of their patients are uninsured and the state and federal subsidies that they rely on to meet their operating expenses have disappeared. Let's see how many more funerals all of us get to attend when federal funding for local government agencies and non-profits dries up and millions of people lose access to treatment for addiction treatment and preventive healthcare.

Of course the Obama administration's complacent response to tens of thousands of opioid deaths has been a scandal on the level of the Reagan administration's treatment of the AIDS epidemic – a scandal that has gone essentially unacknowledged by the national media, I should add - so maybe I shouldn't blame anyone too much for refusing to vote for the candidate who campaigned on four more years of those awful policies. I am fully aware of these bleak realities, and gallows humor is the only response that I have to them at this point. I don't need to be chided for indulging in it.

Thats right. Heroin addiction is sanchez's fault.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 09:09:06 AM »

I think Attorney General Sessions will be too busy jailing dissidents, rolling back the Voting Rights Act, expanding the PATRIOT Act, spying on every single Mosque, somehow banning abortion again, forcibly divorcing gays and then forcibly remarrying them to middle aged divorcees, administering the imagined Hispanicaust, and forcing every American by law to carry a firearm at all times to bother going after a bunch of stoners.

Exactly, and I dont think he will mention dope after the KKK joke caused him so much angst.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »

I think Attorney General Sessions will be too busy jailing dissidents, rolling back the Voting Rights Act, expanding the PATRIOT Act, spying on every single Mosque, somehow banning abortion again, forcibly divorcing gays and then forcibly remarrying them to middle aged divorcees, administering the imagined Hispanicaust, and forcing every American by law to carry a firearm at all times to bother going after a bunch of stoners.
Did you invent Hispanicaust, 'cause that's hilarious.

As for the OP, have you seen what Oregon has done to it's marijuana industry?  The libtards up there are doing everything they can to make sure weed isn't easy to get in Oregon.  You don't have to be an anti-weed conservative to kill legal weed, nannies on the left can be just as damaging.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »

I think the real "war on legal marijuana" is likely to take the form of a future that is so terrifying, so insecure, and so full of anxiety that no one can enjoy a smoke even if it's legal to have one. Best to stick with alcohol, opioids, and tranqs over the next few years, I think.
Opioids should be avoided like the plague.

Yeah. The suggestion otherwise isn't funny.

No one is going to become a dope fiend because they misunderstood my attempt to make a dark joke on the Atlas forum and decided to try heroin or something. But let's see how many people are poisoning themselves after a couple of years living under the policies of Sanchez's beloved Dear Leader. Let's see how many people are addicted to opioids after Attorney General Sessions cracks down on legal marijuana and they have nothing else available to help them cope with their pain. Let's see how many people are dying from overdoses when rural critical access hospitals are closing by the dozens because many of their patients are uninsured and the state and federal subsidies that they rely on to meet their operating expenses have disappeared. Let's see how many more funerals all of us get to attend when federal funding for local government agencies and non-profits dries up and millions of people lose access to treatment for addiction treatment and preventive healthcare.

Of course the Obama administration's complacent response to tens of thousands of opioid deaths has been a scandal on the level of the Reagan administration's treatment of the AIDS epidemic – a scandal that has gone essentially unacknowledged by the national media, I should add - so maybe I shouldn't blame anyone too much for refusing to vote for the candidate who campaigned on four more years of those awful policies. I am fully aware of these bleak realities, and gallows humor is the only response that I have to them at this point. I don't need to be chided for indulging in it.

Thats right. Heroin addiction is sanchez's fault.
I guess I'd better apologize to my heroin addict brother next time I see him Roll Eyes
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »

As for the OP, have you seen what Oregon has done to it's marijuana industry?  The libtards up there are doing everything they can to make sure weed isn't easy to get in Oregon.  You don't have to be an anti-weed conservative to kill legal weed, nannies on the left can be just as damaging.

Legalize marijuana, then stifle the producers and distributors with unnecessary and burdensome regulations that cause shortages and prices to skyrocket. What a brilliant move. The darn drug is safe; just let businesses handle it and the state stick to taxing it.

As for a potential Sessions war on legal marijuana, that'd be even more idiotic than what the state of Oregon has done to its pot industry. How can a logical society allow legal alcohol, but criminalize marijuana?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

Ok, a bit of hyperbole.  They are over regulating, as is their nature, it is hurting the industry, as is their nature.  Mostly it's the new pesticide checks required on every 10lbs sold.  That part is silly, but not crazy.  The crazy part is they only have 4 labs in the state set up to test for it.  The public smoking bans, even in places where everybody is cool with it sucks, as do the excessive taxes and county bans, but yes still better than conservative states.

link-Reason
link-Oregon Live
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »

Ok, a bit of hyperbole.  They are over regulating, as is their nature, it is hurting the industry, as is their nature.  Mostly it's the new pesticide checks required on every 10lbs sold.  That part is silly, but not crazy.  The crazy part is they only have 4 labs in the state set up to test for it.  The public smoking bans, even in places where everybody is cool with it sucks, as do the excessive taxes and county bans, but yes still better than conservative states.

link-Reason
link-Oregon Live

Annoying liberal thing: Being all for the complete legalization of marijuana, but also wanting to pretty much ban cigarettes.

Personally, I think businesses should be able to chose whether or not smoking is allowed in their establishment.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »

They should keep it illegal, and deny any state from allowing recreational use.  Only medicinal use as approved by the federal government, and supplied by the government.  Otherwise treat it the same as crack, with harsh penalties.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2016, 10:02:58 PM »

I thought Trump wanted to lower drug prices?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:41 PM »

They should keep it illegal, and deny any state from allowing recreational use.  Only medicinal use as approved by the federal government, and supplied by the government.  Otherwise treat it the same as crack, with harsh penalties.

I'm assuming you are consistent enough to give alcohol the same treatment right?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 11:28:19 PM »

I'm assuming you are consistent enough to give alcohol the same treatment right?

You should first ask him, if he is consistent enough in not having tried it.

Full disclosure: I, actually, have not. But I am all in favor of legalization: we will need some pretty hard drugs to survive the next few years without losing sanity.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »

this is one of the things i disagree with jeff sessions but i still like him (( he was my first choice for vp after carson withdraw)
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 05:58:13 PM »

I can't tell if you're trolling, or just stupid.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

No because white people drink! So much for small government and opportunity!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies