Best Chance for a H of R Democratic Pickup from Trump Cabinet Picks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Best Chance for a H of R Democratic Pickup from Trump Cabinet Picks
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Chance for a H of R Democratic Pickup from Trump Cabinet Picks  (Read 597 times)
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2017, 07:36:13 PM by rbt48 »

Which of the Trump cabinet picks give the Democrats the best chance to pick up a House seat in a special election?  So far I know of Zinke (MT) and Price (GA).  If there are others, add them to the mix for this topic.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »

Was Rohrabacher rumored to be getting an appointment? Can't remember/.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 11:43:11 PM »

Zinke is probably the best opportunity, and it isn't incredibly likely.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »

Which of the Trump cabinet picks give the Democrats the best chance to pick up a House seat in a special election?  So far I know of Zinke (MT) and Price (OK).  If there are others, add them to the mix for this topic.
Zinke's seat (MT-AL) is the one Republicans have the best chance of losing. Price (GA-6) is not from Oklahoma.
PAK Man

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »

Montana's at-large seat has always puzzled me. Democrats have done quite well in other statewide offices (they held all except AG until this past election cycle, where they now only hold governor, and up until recently they held both senate seats). But the House seat has ALWAYS eluded them, and I have no idea why. Still, I think Democrats need to seriously challenge the seat. After this last election cycle, they need to take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way, and an open seat is the best opportunity they can be given.

Part of me thinks GA-06 might actually be winnable. Clinton actually WON the seat, despite Obama losing it badly in 2012. But all the best Democrats have so far passed on it, which doesn't look good for them.

I sincerely hope, as a Democrat, that they get somewhat-strong recruits for both seats. Strange things can happen in special elections.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »

Clinton lost GA-6 (my district) by two points, and it is definitely winnable for Dems. It's getting less and less white by the year and special elections are often surprises.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »

GA-6 is probably more winnable for Democrats than MT-AL. I really don't see Juneau or Curtis beating the Republican nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies