Another massively stupid aspect of the Clinton campaign... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Another massively stupid aspect of the Clinton campaign... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another massively stupid aspect of the Clinton campaign...  (Read 2261 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:17:34 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm getting cancer from these two paragraphs. The generalizations they contain and the amount of utter nonsense within is making it hard for me to breathe.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm getting cancer from these two paragraphs. The generalizations they contain and the amount of utter nonsense within is making it hard for me to breathe.

You'll forgive me.  Or maybe you won't.  But I'm sick and tired of the total lack of empathy for folks who have played by the rules, only to be screwed by Globalism, then be labeled as Deplorable in a general sort of way. 

The working class folks who have gotten the crap end of the Globalist stick aren't the type to play the victim.  But what they see in public policy is all the attention and concern and (most importantly) the resources going toward the folks who are willing to take the most militant victim posture.  And in Trump, they had a candidate who extended to THEM a degree of respect they hadn't experienced from the party and politicians who were living off what their grandfathers did for their grandfathers, while calling them "Deplorable".  The folks here who don't get this are folks who just flat out don't want to get this, because it would mandate greater introspection if they did.
I disagree. What's screwed the white working class is a combination of union busting, failed promises, and government gridlock. Globalism isn't the enemy of the poor, if that were the case, you wouldn't be seeing the global poor rising out of poverty so quickly.

Stagnation in the west requires a different approach. The policies of Ford and Carter didn't end stagflation. Paul Volcker's Federal Reserve did. Populism will be just as ineffective as those two Presidents.

I understand your frustration, but attacking the symptoms isn't going to help.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:36:20 AM »

I do think part of the democratic problem is that they took progressivism too far, and the country finally said "ENOUGH!".

- They told us that we had to let people into a bathroom of a gender not their own simply because they woke up and suddenly felt like it - no transgender surgery or official paperwork required.

- They told us that partial-birth abortion was a good thing.

- They told us we had to get rid of the hyde amendment - something the country supports by a wide margin.

- They told us that freedom of religion didn't exist in the public sphere, and that we shouldn't even say "Merry Christmas!" in public.

- They legalized SSM through unelected judges.

- Hillary said that the republican party was the political enemy she was most proud of making.

- Hillary compared the pro-life movement to terrorist groups.

- They told us to simply ignore the fact that Hillary endangered the country by using a private email server

- They told us to not consider ISIS to be an Islamic organization.

- They told us that a majority of people who didn't support Hillary were deplorable individuals.

- They told us to completely ignore the fact that our border with mexico is not secure.

- They told us to value political correctness.

- And they told us to ignore the fact that our entitlement programs are about to become extinct, or only offered the solution of raising the payroll tax cap, which will pass congress on the proverbial 12th of Never.

This and the Trump voters repent! post are both insufferable nonsense meant to piss off people to increase your own 'moderate hero, FF Smiley' status.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies