Wilson to CNN: Wife not undercover when outed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:57:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wilson to CNN: Wife not undercover when outed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wilson to CNN: Wife not undercover when outed  (Read 1895 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2005, 12:52:40 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8577190/

Wilson later told CNN that his wife was no longer in an undercover job at the time Novak’s column first identified her. “My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity,” he said.

---

LOL!  Pretty safe to say Rove is not going to be indicted.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:55:50 AM »

I've also heard that her cover was pretty much blown once she started to date her current husband. But it doesn't really matter this story is a non-issue/JFern conspiracy nonsense.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 12:56:49 AM »

Scary to think the American people are ignorant enough to put up with the media and the Dems insisting that Rove, who was actually providing a service by revealing Wilson's lies, should somehow be forced to resign.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 01:00:46 AM »

I wouldn't get to excited if I were you.  The article doesn't say that she was an undercover operative, what it says is at the time of the leak she wasn't in undecover duties, however she was still technically an undercover agent.  Basically the same as an undercover cop, while he has off days & is not always involved in various investigations & sting operations, he is still technically an undercover cop when he is off duty
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 01:03:33 AM »

Well, now we can take a pretty good guess as to why Novak has been willing to testify....Novak is the one that told Rove the name of Wilson's wife.  Novak is cutting a deal to make sure that he himself is not indicted for revealing her name.

Pretty safe to say that NO ONE is going to be indicted for revealing her name.  So that begs the following questions:

1.  Who is the target of this investigation?
2.  Is the jailed reported protecting Novak, or herself?

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 01:05:12 AM »

Scary to think the American people are ignorant enough to put up with the media and the Dems insisting that Rove, who was actually providing a service by revealing Wilson's lies, should somehow be forced to resign.

I doubt most Americans care about this issue. Its not really a hot topic of discussion. Pretty much just partisan hacks, the media, various blogs and JFern types.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 01:06:30 AM »

I wouldn't get to excited if I were you.  The article doesn't say that she was an undercover operative, what it says is at the time of the leak she wasn't in undecover duties, however she was still technically an undercover agent.  Basically the same as an undercover cop, while he has off days & is not always involved in various investigations & sting operations, he is still technically an undercover cop when he is off duty

"My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity,” he said.

What part of that sentence don't you understand?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 01:07:20 AM »

Well, now we can take a pretty good guess as to why Novak has been willing to testify....Novak is the one that told Rove the name of Wilson's wife.  Novak is cutting a deal to make sure that he himself is not indicted for revealing her name.

Pretty safe to say that NO ONE is going to be indicted for revealing her name.  So that begs the following questions:

1.  Who is the target of this investigation?
2.  Is the jailed reported protecting Novak, or herself?

Umm why because Rove said he got her name from a reporter it means its true?Huh

Hard to say at this point.  Anywya your whole point has no relevance.  Just because she wasn't involved in an undercover assignment at the time of the leak, doesn't mean that she wasn't an undercover agent, in fact all implications from the CIA show that she indeed was still an undercover agent, she just wasn't involved in an assignment at the time of the leak.  That changes nothing
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:21:07 AM »

I remember Novak stating many months ago that the wife's name was pretty much common knowledge throughout DC.

--

Just because she wasn't involved in an undercover assignment at the time of the leak, doesn't mean that she wasn't an undercover agent, in fact all implications from the CIA show that she indeed was still an undercover agent, she just wasn't involved in an assignment at the time of the leak.  That changes nothing

1st) Wilson didn't say that she simply wasn't on assignment or off-duty.  Rather he stated flatly that she was no longer an undercover officer.

2nd) If Novak's testimony agrees with Rove's in that Novak was the one that told Rove the name of the wife...Rove will never be indicted on this BECAUSE HE DID KNOTHING WRONG!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 01:25:39 AM »

I remember Novak stating many months ago that the wife's name was pretty much common knowledge throughout DC.

--

Just because she wasn't involved in an undercover assignment at the time of the leak, doesn't mean that she wasn't an undercover agent, in fact all implications from the CIA show that she indeed was still an undercover agent, she just wasn't involved in an assignment at the time of the leak.  That changes nothing

1st) Wilson didn't say that she simply wasn't on assignment or off-duty.  Rather he stated flatly that she was no longer an undercover officer.

2nd) If Novak's testimony agrees with Rove's in that Novak was the one that told Rove the name of the wife...Rove will never be indicted on this BECAUSE HE DID KNOTHING WRONG!

The CIA was handleing this as a breach of national security.  Undercover CIA agents go back & forth with beig undercover with various assingments however they technically do remain undercover.  One all these if's your pointing out is amuzing.  Bottom line at this point its too early to know if he broke any laws, I will admit that, but its also too early to clear him entirely either.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 01:43:56 AM »

The CIA was handleing this as a breach of national security.  Undercover CIA agents go back & forth with beig undercover with various assingments however they technically do remain undercover.  One all these if's your pointing out is amuzing.  Bottom line at this point its too early to know if he broke any laws, I will admit that, but its also too early to clear him entirely either.

And I think you can't see the forest for the trees!  I don't believe Rove is even a target of this investigation.  I think this special prosecutor is onto something else and has himself expanded his jurisdiction.  And I think that reporter sitting in jail knows exactly what this is all about.

When Bill Clinton lied under oath, the GOP knew for certain that a law had been broken and they went after him hard.  But in this case, you Dems aren’t even sure who the target is of this investigation, and yet you’re walking way out on limb.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 01:46:32 AM »

And I think you can't see the forest for the trees!  I don't believe Rove is even a target of this investigation.  I think this special prosecutor is onto something else and has himself expanded his jurisdiction.  And I think that reporter sitting in jail knows exactly what this is all about.

When Bill Clinton lied under oath, the GOP knew for certain that a law had been broken and they went after him hard.  But in this case, you Dems aren’t even sure who the target is of this investigation, and yet you’re walking way out on limb.

For starters not that many Dems are saying lock him up.  What many are saying is that he should be fired because regardless if he broke any laws or not he was involved in the leak & a couple years ago Bush did say anyone involved in the leak would be fired
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 02:03:16 AM »

For starters not that many Dems are saying lock him up.  What many are saying is that he should be fired because regardless if he broke any laws or not he was involved in the leak & a couple years ago Bush did say anyone involved in the leak would be fired

Bush said anyone involved in the leak of her name.  To me, at least, that implies direct involvement.  But if the reporters interviewing Rove already know her name, then Rove is not to blame for blowing the whistle on Wilson's lies.

You have to remember that Wilson at the time was stating that the VP's office ignored his reports even though the VP's office sent Wilson on his assignment.  Rove simply confirmed that he had heard the same rumors that the reporters were hearing - that Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the CIA, pulled strings to get Wilson the assignment....AND the 9/11 agrees that Wilson lied.

Any HONEST (key word) person would agree that Rove did nothing wrong.  In fact, the identity of Wison's wife would not have been publicized if Wilson had not lied by falsely accusing the VP's office of negligence.

Face it:  Wilson and his wife did something unethical and got caught lying about it when they falsely accused the Office of the Vice President of the United States of negligence during a time of war!

But you can't see that because you're just as big of a HACK as all the other Dems that are screaming over this.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 02:13:35 AM »

Bush said anyone involved in the leak of her name.  To me, at least, that implies direct involvement.  But if the reporters interviewing Rove already know her name, then Rove is not to blame for blowing the whistle on Wilson's lies.

You have to remember that Wilson at the time was stating that the VP's office ignored his reports even though the VP's office sent Wilson on his assignment.  Rove simply confirmed that he had heard the same rumors that the reporters were hearing - that Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the CIA, pulled strings to get Wilson the assignment....AND the 9/11 agrees that Wilson lied.

Any HONEST (key word) person would agree that Rove did nothing wrong.  In fact, the identity of Wison's wife would not have been publicized if Wilson had not lied by falsely accusing the VP's office of negligence.

Face it:  Wilson and his wife did something unethical and got caught lying about it when they falsely accused the Office of the Vice President of the United States of negligence during a time of war!

But you can't see that because you're just as big of a HACK as all the other Dems that are screaming over this.

ACCORDING TO ROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line Rove weas involved in the leak PERIODS.  Thats it.  Whether he broke any laws is still unknown, BUE HE WAS INVOLVED & according to what Bush said 2 years ago it means Rove should be FIRED>  Period
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 02:28:55 AM »

ACCORDING TO ROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line Rove weas involved in the leak PERIODS.  Thats it.  Whether he broke any laws is still unknown, BUE HE WAS INVOLVED & according to what Bush said 2 years ago it means Rove should be FIRED>  Period

Look, when Bush said he would fire anyone involved in the leaking of her identity, he meant he would fire anyone responsible for leaking her identity.  But, just because Rove talked to the reporter that leaked her name doesn't make Rove responsible.  In fact, Rove didn't give Novak any information other than that Rove confirmed to Novak that he had heard the same rumors - rumors that Novak brought up to Rove.  That is not grounds for dismissal!

Here is a link to Novak's Oct 1, 2003 column:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20031001.shtml

As you can see, Novak's sources are from the CIA!  And Novak believes the CIA is at war with the Bush Administration and that someone in the CIA, other than the CIA director, is trying to smear the White House.

That why this whole thing doesn’t quite make sense.  In fact, the target of this investigation is probably someone at the CIA.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 02:31:23 AM »

That why this whole thing doesn’t quite make sense.  In fact, the target of this investigation is probably someone at the CIA.

In fact, the reporter sitting in jail may very well be protecting her source at the CIA!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 02:36:43 AM »

According to Novak, his sources were two ADMINISTARTION OFFICIALS
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 02:44:52 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2005, 02:46:50 AM by jmfcst »

His sources for the fact that Wilson's wife helped Wilson land the job was given by an administration official and that the second administration official (Rove) confirmed that he had heard the same rumor.

But Novak certainly doesn't buy into the Dems and your belief, for he states in his first paragraph that "My role and the role of the Bush White House have been distorted and need explanation."

In fact, Novak believes that this investigation is the work of....."Wilson, after telling me in July that he would say nothing about his wife, has made investigation of the leak his life's work -- aided by the relentless Sen. Charles Schumer of New York."

Wake up!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 02:47:08 AM »

His sources for the fact that Wilson wife helped Wilson land the job was given by an administration official and that the second administration official (Rove) confirmed that he had heard the same rumor.

But Novak certainly doesn't buy into the Dems and your belief, for he states in his first paragraph that "My role and the role of the Bush White House have been distorted and need explanation."

In fact, Novak believes that this investigation is the work of....."Wilson, after telling me in July that he would say nothing about his wife, has made investigation of the leak his life's work -- aided by the relentless Sen. Charles Schumer of New York."

Wake up!

Lets see Novak is a CONSERVATIVE REPORTER, you think he would side against the Bush administartion & with the Dems on this one???
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 02:52:33 AM »

Lets see Novak is a CONSERVATIVE REPORTER, you think he would side against the Bush administartion & with the Dems on this one???

So, you don't believe Rove (who has waived the reporters’ confidentiality)...you don't believe Novak (who is the only reporter that has fully cooperated with the investigation)...but you believe Wilson, who was discredited by the Senate Committee and the 9/11 Commission?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 02:56:02 AM »

So, you don't believe Rove (who has waived the reporters’ confidentiality)...you don't believe Novak (who is the only reporter that has fully cooperated with the investigation)...but you believe Wilson, who was discredited by the Senate Committee and the 9/11 Commission?

Have you paid attention to anythig I have written??

I have said at this point we don't know either way if a crime was committed or not.  However what we do know that Novak's sources came from two officials in the Bush administration.  That Rove was Cooper's source and that Rove was involved in the leak.  Regardless if what was sone actually breaks any laws according to Bush, it is grounds for dismissal.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 04:46:35 AM »

1. She may have gone back to being undercover at a later date
2. Her "company" was outted too, hurting other undercover agents.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2005, 11:19:26 AM »

1. She may have gone back to being undercover at a later date
2. Her "company" was outted too, hurting other undercover agents.

If the "company" had more than one under-cover operative working for them.  Normally, a company would not have a large undercover "staff" just in case a cover is blown.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 08:25:15 AM »

She wasn't undercover because her identity had already been blown. Another right-wing talking point debunked. I'm very angry at you Republicans for not caring about the integrity of our country, and instead mindlessly repeating talking points that defend Rove and Bush. You hate American, not me.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200507150010
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2005, 09:15:42 AM »

She wasn't undercover because her identity had already been blown.

So that means no crime was comitted then right? Like I said already, this is a non-story.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies