The Department of the Interior
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Department of the Interior
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Department of the Interior  (Read 3428 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
« edited: December 06, 2016, 12:24:52 AM by Secretary of the Interior Truman »

R E P U B L I C   O F   A T L A S I A
- D E P A R T M E N T  O F  T H E  I N T E R I O R -

Robert F. Kennedy Building     950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW     Nyman, D.C.

Harry S Truman
Secretary of the Interior

ArchiveLegislationContact
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 12:21:33 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 05:17:47 PM by Secretary of the Interior Truman »

ARCHIVE

This post is used to store past statements and orders issued by the Interior Department.

DateItem
30 Dec 2016Regarding the Joint Session of Congress
05 Jan 2017On the Crisis of Government in Fremont
06 Jan 2017Update on the Situation in Fremont

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:23:01 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2016, 01:45:40 AM by Secretary of the Interior Truman »

LEGISLATION

This post is used to store judicial rulings, executive orders, and acts of Congress pertaining to the Department of the Interior.

DateItem
14 July 2016Executive Order 38-009
15 Nov 2016Executive Order 39-005
06 Dec 2016Executive Order 40-002

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »

R E P U B L I C   O F   A T L A S I A
- D E P A R T M E N T  O F  T H E  I N T E R I O R -

Regarding the Joint Session of Congress

It was my pleasure to attend the special joint session of the Senate and the House of Representatives this afternoon as a representative of the administration in what can only be described as a massive effort by the president, the cabinet, and Congressional leaders to get our national government back on track after a disappointing passed few weeks. Credit goes to Speaker NeverAgain and President Blair for organizing a successful session; I look forward to continuing this work tomorrow so that we may begin the new year on the right foot.

This afternoon's session was highly productive, seeing the passage of Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act (EFMPA), the Anti Terror Coalition Resolution, and an Amendment to the Presidential Succession Act, which now proceed to the president's desk. EFMPA is of particular relevance to this office, as federal drug enforcement currently falls under the jurisdiction of the Interior Department; should the president see fit to sign this bill, I will then contact the regional governors to discuss the change in federal policy and how it effects regional statutes regarding marijuana prohibition and drug crimes. I look forward to working with Congress as it considers legislation to protect the rights of the employed, expanding lending opportunities for working Atlasians, and rectify existing flaws in our electoral code.

As always, the Department of the Interior stands ready to answer any questions and hear any concerns you may have, and will continue to advocate for sound and responsible legislation.

Harry S Truman, Secretary of the Interior
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:27:57 PM »

R E P U B L I C   O F   A T L A S I A
- D E P A R T M E N T  O F  T H E  I N T E R I O R -

Regarding the Joint Session of Congress

It was my pleasure to attend the special joint session of the Senate and the House of Representatives this afternoon as a representative of the administration in what can only be described as a massive effort by the president, the cabinet, and Congressional leaders to get our national government back on track after a disappointing passed few weeks. Credit goes to Speaker NeverAgain and President Blair for organizing a successful session; I look forward to continuing this work tomorrow so that we may begin the new year on the right foot.

This afternoon's session was highly productive, seeing the passage of Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act (EFMPA), the Anti Terror Coalition Resolution, and an Amendment to the Presidential Succession Act, which now proceed to the president's desk. EFMPA is of particular relevance to this office, as federal drug enforcement currently falls under the jurisdiction of the Interior Department; should the president see fit to sign this bill, I will then contact the regional governors to discuss the change in federal policy and how it effects regional statutes regarding marijuana prohibition and drug crimes. I look forward to working with Congress as it considers legislation to protect the rights of the employed, expanding lending opportunities for working Atlasians, and rectify existing flaws in our electoral code.

As always, the Department of the Interior stands ready to answer any questions and hear any concerns you may have, and will continue to advocate for sound and responsible legislation.

Ending the federal prohibition of marijuana is nothing to be proud of. 

All it will do is ensure Atlasia ends up with more brain dead pot heads.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:18:57 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 05:21:38 PM by Secretary of the Interior Truman »

R E P U B L I C  O F  A T L A S I A
D E P A R T M E N T  O F  T H E  I N T E R I O R

On the Crisis of Government in Fremont

The Department of the Interior is gravely concerned by the apparent collapse of constitutional government in Fremont. This crisis was entirely avoidable; it is the result, not of inevitable demographic trends or structural deficiencies in Nyman, but of the failure of the governor and assembly of Fremont to do anything to arrest their region's slide into oblivion. We condemn the irresponsibility of the officers of the regional government and urge their constituents to hold them accountable at the polls. We likewise thank Governor Wells of the North for bringing this crisis to public attention.

Yet just as this crisis was avoidable, so is it fixable. Nearly one year ago, while a senator representing the now defunct at large constituency, I introduced legislation authorizing the president to take the necessary action to resolve a similar crisis in the Old Pacific Region. This act, known as R.O.P.A., resulted in a renaissance of activity in the Pacific under the leadership of Ted Bessell and others who took the initiative in turning their region around. There is a path forward, and I will use every power in my possession as Secretary of the Interior to collaborate with the people of Fremont and their representatives in Nyman to get their region up and running again. Fremont will not be abandoned; as we did in February 2016, so now will we join forces to meet this crisis of activity head on and restore a great region to her former glory.

This has to be a team effort, and so I will welcome the input of any interested individual - conservatives, liberals, elected officials and private citizens - as we work to put Fremont back on her feet. You can contact me either by PM or in this thread.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 05:09:34 PM »

R E P U B L I C  O F  A T L A S I A
D E P A R T M E N T  O F  T H E  I N T E R I O R

Update on the Situation in Fremont

The battle to restore constitutional government to Fremont continues after a highly productive summit of the president, members of Congress, the governors of the Northern and Southern Regions, and several officers of the cabinet yesterday evening. I can now report that, thanks to the timely efforts of the leadership of both houses, the Reconstruction of Fremont Act appears to have passed both the Senate and the House of Representatives and will soon proceed to the president's desk. This bill, which I wrote with the help of Speaker Never Again, would empower the president to appoint an Emergency Commissioner to organize new elections for Governor and Assembly so that a functioning civilian government may be established in Fremont as quickly as possible. My profound thanks goes to Senator Long Live Rock and Speaker Never Again for answering my initial distress call at half past five yesterday afternoon, to Senator Leinad for taking the initiative to get most of the rest of Congress involved, and to all those who contributed to drawing up this bill and bringing it to a vote with astounding alacrity. This was Atlasia at its finest, and all those who took part in that eleventh hour campaign to save the Western Region deserve our respect and gratitude.

Yet the fight is not over, nor can one act of Congress resolve what has become a generational struggle against inactivity in the West. In the coming days, this department will continue to work with the administration, members of Congress, and leaders within the Region to devise a long-term strategy to combat inactivity and introduce competition and competent government in the Region.

On that note, I have a morsel of good news: after weeks of absence, it appears that one member of the Fremont Assembly - Legislator Dr. Novella - has returned to Atlasia and has initiated an election for the Speakership. In the coming hours, I will contact Dr. Novella to discuss the constitutional standing of his government and strategies, both immediate and long-term, for pulling his region out of its present rut.

For the present, know that the Interior Department continues to monitor this crisis and remains committed to brining real and lasting rebirth to the people of the West. Any citizens interested in assisting reconstruction efforts may contact me either by PM or in this thread.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:08:33 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies