Constitutionality of giving 16-year-olds the right to vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:15:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Constitutionality of giving 16-year-olds the right to vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutionality of giving 16-year-olds the right to vote  (Read 3531 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: April 27, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

There are only a couple problems with giving 16 year olds the right to vote. One is that angus is against it, and since he made a post about his wet underwear, he's apparently cooler than I. Two is that 16 year olds aren't at the age of majority, so it would be a little inconsistent to say they're not even competent to govern themselves but are somehow competent to help govern the country. The whole point of high school is supposedly to prepare children to become citizens, so if they are already prepared before completing high school, what's the point?

That being said, I do think 16 year olds are capable of an adult understanding of politics and would be able to competently handle the task of voting, I just worry that it is inconsistent with how they are treated otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies