Did I miss something about...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:47:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Did I miss something about...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did I miss something about...  (Read 314 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »

...airplanes security?

It was about 15 years ago that I hadn't taken a plane, it was even like one year before 9/11, then I hadn't much reference about plane travels.

Lately I took several ones for long enough distance, well, India, and it was the same thing in all those international airports, several security controls and u often never know how long u can keep ur belt before crossing a new one, at one point they even made me empty a big enough cabin bag cause I had forgotten a set of foldable spoon, fork, round knife with a few teeth, that latter remained with Mumbai security guy but had no problem to board with me in Paris, while the guy in Paris wanted by no means I take my bottle of water, but in Muscat, Oman, no problem for bottles with water in it, difference in both cases, in Paris bottle was brand new, in Oman was half way.

but well, let's just say all of this makes sense and that all of this useful so that nobody boards with anything dangerous in plane.

What happens once u done all of that? Ur great reward is that before reaching ur gate u can finally enter in the wonderful world of...duty free!

Woooonnnddeerrffuull, sooo many glass bottles of all those wonderful strong enough liquors, amongst other things.

So, am i just missing something or can't u just buy one of those wonderful bottle of liquor/wine, break it once u're in the flying plane, and enjoy to do all what u could do with a broken glass bottle in the hand, shouting something like Allah Akbar or anything would be up to ur taste, but u might appreciate to do that thanks to a bottle of alcohol. And who knows, with a bit of luck u might even enjoy to find a way so set a fire thanks to a 40° liquor.

I didn't buy alcohol in duty free, but bought something else, and nobody ever controlled my duty free bag and there even isn't control anymore between the duty free area and boarding gates.

So am i just missing something, or people are the hell annoyed with security but it's still more important to buy/sell alcohol than crashing a plane. I'm sure the cute Muslimies that are keen on messing with planes will enjoy the irony of such a 'choice'.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »

It's not the glass that scares the security experts, it's the stuff inside.  That's why you can buy a bottle of rotgut inside the security line, but you can't bring your own from home.  They tend to not sell explosives in the duty free section.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »

It's not the glass that scares the security experts, it's the stuff inside.  That's why you can buy a bottle of rotgut inside the security line, but you can't bring your own from home.  They tend to not sell explosives in the duty free section.

Sorry to insist but they watched my foldable spoon under every angles, while once u get a broken bottle of alcohol in ur hand, u better not put it too close of someone else throat, I think.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:12:43 AM »

Shards of glass, while certainly dangerous, make really sh**tty weapons (except in the movies).  You've cleaned up glass before right?  Would you want to use any of those chunks as a weapon?  You'd slice your hand to shreds long before you got anywhere near a throat.

The bottom line is, nobody has taken down a plane with a bottle of vodka....wait...let me rephrase that Smiley  Nobody has ever taken over a plane with a broken bottle used as a weapon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »

Shards of glass, while certainly dangerous, make really sh**tty weapons (except in the movies).  You've cleaned up glass before right?  Would you want to use any of those chunks as a weapon?  You'd slice your hand to shreds long before you got anywhere near a throat.

The bottom line is, nobody has taken down a plane with a bottle of vodka....wait...let me rephrase that Smiley  Nobody has ever taken over a plane with a broken bottle used as a weapon.

Not to mention that a full bottle makes a better weapon, since the liquid in it gives it heft to bludgeon with.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »

Not to mention that a full bottle makes a better weapon, since the liquid in it gives it heft to bludgeon with.

Thanks to make my point with one more way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies