You've been elected to the 115th Congress. Your first piece of legislation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:11:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  You've been elected to the 115th Congress. Your first piece of legislation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: You've been elected to the 115th Congress. Your first piece of legislation?  (Read 1910 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

You just got elected to the 115th Congress. What is the first piece of legislation you introduce?

For me, it's one I've talked about before. It would be titled the "Football Protection and Collegiate Athletics Reform Act," and it would do the following:

Abolish the NCAA and create a new governing body for college sports that reports directly to the House Oversight Committee.

Prohibit the new committee from creating or enforcing a targeting rule in football.

Shield the NFL, former NCAA, new governing body, NFHS, or any other athletic conference or league from being sued due to player injury, in the same way that gun manufacturers are shielded from lawsuits.

Specify that Title IX relates to biological sex only, and does not apply to athletics in any way, shape, or form at any level.

Remove most brainless restrictions on recruiting.

Your first action as a member of Congress is to nationalize American football.

Wow.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »

You just got elected to the 115th Congress. What is the first piece of legislation you introduce?

For me, it's one I've talked about before. It would be titled the "Football Protection and Collegiate Athletics Reform Act," and it would do the following:

Abolish the NCAA and create a new governing body for college sports that reports directly to the House Oversight Committee.

Prohibit the new committee from creating or enforcing a targeting rule in football.

Shield the NFL, former NCAA, new governing body, NFHS, or any other athletic conference or league from being sued due to player injury, in the same way that gun manufacturers are shielded from lawsuits.

Specify that Title IX relates to biological sex only, and does not apply to athletics in any way, shape, or form at any level.

Wow.

Absolutely. We've got to make football great again and restore it to its former glory. The NCAA has turned into a tool of the Social Justice Warriors, from ruining football because a couple guys got hurt, to using basketball as a weapon against North Carolina because they dared pass a state law the Tumblrinas in charge of the NCAA didn't agree with, the NCAA has got to go.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »

Wow.

Mine would be that only in the Presidency role. I don't think we can get it through a Congress. We need a very strong authoritarian leader to void everything and start over again. This whole committee thing is a complete scam. Anyone who promises to fix has my full support.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »

Articles of impeachment against Donald Trump.

Seriously? What crime has Trump committed? According to the Constitution, a president can only be impeached for "treason....or other misdemeanors".  And the former is what Obama did while in office, or did we forget/ignore that? Heh. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 07:06:51 PM »

Anyways, to the question...."expressing the sense of Congress that the presidency of Barack H. Obama was a dark moment in American history, and apologizing for his misdeeds".  Half serious! LOL.  Wink
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 05:54:45 AM »

A bill of attainder ordering that Jeff Zucker be clapped in irons. Jurisdiction-stripped to hell and back.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »

Bill to let christmas music on the radio only during december 13th-25th.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »

For God's sake no. Stop the War on Advent.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »

A bill to recognize the ROC and Tibet as independent nations.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »

Seriously? What crime has Trump committed? According to the Constitution, a president can only be impeached for "treason....or other misdemeanors".  And the former is what Obama did while in office, or did we forget/ignore that? Heh. 

Excuse me, what f**king treason?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 07:14:21 AM »

I'm already sick of Christmas music and there's two weeks left. If you want to stop the War on Advent, turn it into a religious and not a commercial holiday.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 07:18:56 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2016, 07:30:41 AM by Senator Scott »

Wow.

Absolutely. We've got to make football great again and restore it to its former glory. The NCAA has turned into a tool of the Social Justice Warriors, from ruining football because a couple guys got hurt, to using basketball as a weapon against North Carolina because they dared pass a state law the Tumblrinas in charge of the NCAA didn't agree with, the NCAA has got to go.

This shit again?

Were you like, raped by a trans person or something?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »

Officially reversing Noah Webster's butchering of the English language. Sayonara, "color"!
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

-Expanding anti-discriminaton law to include sexual orientation
-electoral reform
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »

I'm already sick of Christmas music and there's two weeks left. If you want to stop the War on Advent, turn it into a religious and not a commercial holiday.

What I mean is that December 13-25 is too early a window, not too late or too short.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »

A massive fiscal bill, including cuts and tax reform to balance the budget.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 08:31:28 AM »

What treason? BenghaziPizzaSecretMuslimGate?
peterthlee
China

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 09:44:35 AM by peterthlee »

Amend the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act so the jurisdiction between US Territories and other places are on the same par.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »

The National NIMBY Defanging Act
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »

In all seriousness, I'd introduce a clean repeal of Taft-Hartley and see how things develop from there. I still stand by my earlier post, though.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »

besides the fact that i would wait 1-2 years anyway, i think congress is able to impeach presidents who are lacking the competence necessary to act presidential.

1-2 years later there should be an easy case re: corruption and enrichment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies