Who would you vote for heisman for this year and for previous years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:51:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Who would you vote for heisman for this year and for previous years
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you vote for heisman for this year and for previous years  (Read 452 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:59:52 PM »
« edited: December 08, 2016, 12:03:18 AM by Old School Republican »

I can only do this since 2004 so here(since you vote for top 3 here).

Here's some rules: You must only take their performances in that regular season, and not take in account what their nfl potential was, how good they did in other years,

2004:

1st place vote. Adrian Peterson
2nd place vote: Matt Leinart
3rd place vote: Reggie Bush

2005:

1st place vote: Reggie Bush
2nd place vote: Vince Young          
3rd Place vote:  Brady Quinn(Hes not even close to the top 2 though)

2006:

1st Place: Troy Smith
2nd place: Darren McFadden
3rd place: Steve Slaton

2007:
1st place vote: Tim Tebow(In a landslide)
2nd place vote:Colt Brennon
3rd place vote: Dennis Dixon(For the fact that Oregon was number 2 in the country with him then sucked in the last three games without him, he would be number two if not for injury)

2008:

1st place vote: Sam Bradford
2nd place vote : Tim Tebow
3rd place vote: Colt McCoy

2009:(The toughest)

1st place vote:Colt McCoy
2nd place vote:Toby Gephard
3rd place vote Mark Ingram

2010:
1st place vote: Cam Newton
2nd place vote: Lamicheal James
3rd place vote: Andrew Luck

2011:
1st place vote: Andrew Luck  
2nd place vote: RG3
3rd place vote: Montee Ball

2012:

1st place: Manti Te'o
2nd place: Johnny Manziel
3rd place: Braxton Miller

2013:
1st place: Jameis Winston
2nd place: Tre Mason
3rd place: Jordan Lynch

2014:
1st place: Marcus Mariota (Easiest vote ever with maybe the exception of Tebow 2007)
2nd place: Melvin Gordon
3rd place: Amari Cooper

2015:
1st place: Derrick Henry
2nd place: Desahun Watson
3rd place: Christian McCaffrey

2016:
1st place: Deshaun Watson
2nd place : Lamar Jackson
3rd place: Jake Browning

All Time(For me since 2004)

1st place. Tim Tebow 2007
2nd place. Marcus Mariota 2014
3rd place: Reggie Bush 2005
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 12:44:27 PM »

Why do you have Henry in front of McCaffrey for 15?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »

My biggest disagreement is that I would have given 2012 to Manziel (not knowing the future).  You could make arguments for either Luck or Griffin in 2011 and either Ingram or McCoy in 2009 (I'd probably go Ingram, but that might be SEC bias).  I agree that Watson deserves it this year, but I am virtually certain that it will be Lamar Jackson.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »

DeShaun Watson is literally a turnover machine who makes mistakes at the most inopportune times. Dalvin Cook is the most freakishly talented player in the country (at least among those who remained healthy all year), but you won't hear the media say that because Florida State lost to Louisville. Lamar is a fine pick but he got overrated real quick. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 03:41:03 PM »

My biggest disagreement is that I would have given 2012 to Manziel (not knowing the future).  You could make arguments for either Luck or Griffin in 2011 and either Ingram or McCoy in 2009 (I'd probably go Ingram, but that might be SEC bias).  I agree that Watson deserves it this year, but I am virtually certain that it will be Lamar Jackson.

2012 was a pretty weak year for the heisman , mainly cause it was a transition year(stars from previous two year such as Luck, Lamicheal James, Newton, RG3) were gone . Yah to me it was a tossup between Tao and Manziel but gave it Tao because he lead North Dame to be undefeated(Yes i know Oregon and Bama were clearly better but still).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

You didn't include Dak Prescott anywhere. Junk lists!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »

You didn't include Dak Prescott anywhere. Junk lists!

He wasnt even close to Mariota in 2014, and Gordon and Cooper seemed better without hindsight. (SEC was super overrated in 2014 and they were smacked in the bowl season. In 2015 he would be 4th but Stanford RB and Bama RB lead Stanford and Bama to be great despite expected to have down years.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:39:35 AM »

2004:

Matt Leinart.  Hard not to pick Peterson but Leinart was spectacular that year and even better the next but 2004 was his time. Peterson didn't get epic until the NFL but college was Leinart's time.

2005:

Reggie Bush.  No regrets there he was fun to watch that year.

2006:

Troy Smith. Such a shame he never made it big; loved watching him play even if I despise Ohio State. 

2007:

Tebow. Not a fan of him by any stretch but too good not to win. McFadden would be #2 follow by Dixon.

2008:

Bradford.  Numbers were way to good.

2009:

Toby Gerhart, loved watching him run that year.  Found Ingram to be overrated a little.

2010:

Newton, no contest. Fell in love with Auburn and him when he carried Auburn to the promised land in my favorite BCS era title game while I was getting snowed in watching it at home. Good times.

2011:

Luck I guess. One of my least favorite classes.  Matthew and Wilson got the shaft.

2012:

Manti Te'o. IMO one of the worst decisions the Heisman ever made was giving that waste of talent Manzel the gold that year. Manzel had so many tools to help him and take the pressure off, he had Mike Evans and the Air Raid; he didn't have either one in Cleveland and his idiotic decisions killed his career. A&M delayed and enabled it.

Te'o wasn't the best defensive prospect the Heisman's had since Woodson but he was a good story and that Notre Dame team was fun to watch. Sadly that title game was a joke but it was a fun year none the less. Very WEAK class in hindsight indeed.

2013:

Mason. Loved Mason and Auburn that year; should have won the title but they couldn't do it. Never cared for Winston; always found him to be too arrogant.

2014:

Mariotta, no brainer.

2015:

Ezikel Elliot or Fournette. Never was crazy about the top two backs that year. Worst case I'd vote for Reynolds due to his success at Navy.

2016:

Cook. Love watching him run and I hope he stays he has a great chance at winning it next year.  Watson would have won if it wasn't for Jackson more than likely.

As for Jackson I'd rate him as overrated as Manzel was.  He's not a perfect QB by any means plus I despise Louisville and their douche of an HC. Don't get me started on that creep especially if they participated in Wake Forrest's rat's BS they could be in trouble. That's a whole other issue though.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 07:31:41 PM »

2016: Jabrill Peppers (does it all, Michigan made huge strides this year.. Jackson had a late season slide and wasn't key in the clutch)
2015: DeShaun Watson (got Clemson to the natl title)
2014: Marcus Mariota (deserving winner)
2013: Jameis Winston (deserving winner)
2012: Johnny Manziel
2011: RG3
2010 Cam Newton 

(all 3 were deserving)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies