Union leader threatened after being targeted by Trump on Twitter.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:16:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Union leader threatened after being targeted by Trump on Twitter.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Union leader threatened after being targeted by Trump on Twitter.  (Read 1059 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2016, 12:52:34 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/07/donald-trump-retaliated-against-a-union-leader-on-twitter-then-his-phone-started-to-ring/?postshare=9251481172069562&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cab73e95b9b3
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:20:07 AM »

The President calling out and insulting private citizens should horrify all of us.

But it's a union member so Trump supporters will just reply with "Lol trump owned him XD"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:31:17 AM »

It creates a chilling effect. People will be afraid to speak out against him for fear of his deranged followers being sicced on them. Union leaders, businesses, journalists, regular citizens... anyone is a potential target.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:33:54 AM »

Trump lied. The union leader called him out on his lie. And so Trump goes on a twitter rant against him. His hordes of followers start threatening the man for daring to question their beloved leader. Yeah, this is exactly what America needs. The man's going to be our President and still behaves well below his office (not shocking, however). He's going to degrade the office of the President more than any other since at least Richard Nixon.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 04:55:04 AM »

blaming unions for outsourcing.....so we are combining republicanism with trumpism.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »

Fascist pigs.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »

Labor unions are typically among the earliest victims of fascist regimes. Fascism demands maximal toil for minimal pay, the definitive expression of exploitation that only slavery exceeds. The Trump/Pence agenda looks like a dream list for Agosto Pinochet.

"National greatness" of course depends upon helpless people being unable to refuse being exploited and degraded to the maximal extent.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 09:40:17 AM »

Amazing. This movement is making more of an impact than I have dreamed of. I could only wish I was involved this hardcore.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »

Amazing. This movement is making more of an impact than I have dreamed of. I could only wish I was involved this hardcore.

It's not too hard to get involved, just go buy yourself some jackboots and a bat and start stalking liberals on facebook.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 10:36:13 AM »

The President calling out and insulting private citizens should horrify all of us.

But it's a union member so Trump supporters will just reply with "Lol trump owned him XD"

Oh come on! As usual, the mainstream media is completely blowing this whole thing out of proportion. If we just take a look back at history, we can find plenty of historical precedent for this. In 1950 Harry Truman sent a letter to music critic Paul Hume after Hume was critical of Margaret Truman's music performance.

A portion of it read, and I quote:

"Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!"

*chuckles*

I find it hysterical when you liberals go around claiming things like Trump tweeting is somehow dangerous and horrifying.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

Oh come on! As usual, the mainstream media is completely blowing this whole thing out of proportion. If we just take a look back at history, we can find plenty of historical precedent for this. In 1950 Harry Truman sent a letter to music critic Paul Hume after Hume was critical of Margaret Truman's music performance.

"Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!"

*chuckles*

I find it hysterical when you liberals go around claiming things like Trump tweeting is somehow dangerous and horrifying.

Harry Truman was President in the age of McCarthyism...
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 01:31:01 PM »

what the president says is powerful and has direct consequences for everyone.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

*chuckles*

Harry Truman was President in the age of McCarthyism...

Try telling that to Jeffery Lord  LOL.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies