You've been elected the 45th President Of The United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  You've been elected the 45th President Of The United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: You've been elected the 45th President Of The United States?  (Read 1731 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »

Given Trump is going to be the 44th president, I'd obviously spend my entire term repealing everything he did.

Obama's 44th though. You are elected after him mate.

Grover Cleveland isn't Henry VI. He doesn't count as two people.

But he was the 22nd and the 24th President...
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »

My first day in office:

1. Pardon anyone guilty of a nonviolent drug offenses
2. Pardon all immigrants residing in the country illegally
3. Commute all death row inmates to life sentences

idk what I'd do on day two. I'd probably mostly spend the rest of my term vetoing whatever nonsense Congress passes.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 05:58:17 PM »

1. Move the US capital to Barrow, Alaska
2. Change the national anthem to Avril Lavigne's "Hello Kitty"
3. Withdraw US recognition of France until the Bourbon monarchy is restored

----------------------------

Seriously -
- Invite the leaders of the UNSC permanent members together to discuss reforming the voting system. Even if that's not something that can be finished in 100 days, it's something that could be started.
- Establish a cabinet-level Department of Technological Infrastructure and Cybersecurity
- Direct Congress to ratify the litany of multinational conventions which the US has signed but not ratified.
- (If I had loads of political capital) I'd push for a law requiring nation-wide standards for sex-ed and denying federal funding to any school which teaches abstinence-only with no other option.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »

1. Raising NASA's budget by 10x or more and general increase to science funding. This would include a major overhaul of climate change and energy policy.
2. General infrastructure improvements
3. End to gerrymandering and voting restrictions.

Theoretically, these are all non-partisan items, although I'm sure Republicans would try to derail them anyway because reasons.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »

1. End war on drugs.
2. End most involvement in foreign wars.
3. End NSA spying.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2016, 08:23:56 PM by Devout Centrist »

First priority would have to add a public option to the ACA, along with repealing the anti-competition laws that prohibit insurance providers from crossing state lines. Maybe I'd repeal the Medical Device Excise tax, but I'm not so sure on that one.

I'd definitely push for an end to agribusiness subsidies and an infrastructure bill that invested a lot more money into the rust belt. In addition, I'd set aside money for Appalachia, economically depressed towns and cities, along with rural areas as a stimulus for these communities in the form of incentives and tax breaks.

I'd push for national legalization of marijuana and eventually the decriminalization of all hard drugs. If I get a Supreme Court pick, I'd probably go with Garland, or look for people like my hometown hero Justice Kennedy. Thought maybe more pro-choice.

I'd also like to reform the corporate and income tax code, in a revenue neutral manner than gets rid of pointless and/or harmful incentives.

I want to see more free trade deals as well, and I'm not even going to sugarcoat that one. I hate how Hillary tried to do that and came off as insincere. F**k that. It's my way or the highway.

In addition, I'd push for immigration reform that streamlines the process of applying, provides a pathway to citizenship for people already here, and also unifies and tightens border security, while also making more visas available.

Overall, I think I'd make a lot of enemies and unless I gain the political skills of Francis Urquhart, my Administration is screwed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 09:45:04 PM »

1. Massive electoral reform. Find a way to make the EC and Congress proportional by state (this is easier than changing it by Constitutional amendment), and reform debate law to allow anyone with ballot access in 270 EVs worth of states to qualify.

2. Completely restructure our foreign policy as Scott laid out.

3. End the war on drugs.

4. End NSA spying.

5. Pardon Edward Snowden.

For the other 3 years, 364 days I'd get to work on government spending to create a fiscally sustainable free-market approach in everything, along with an overhaul of the tax system and immigration reform.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 04:09:57 AM »

1. Getting a deal to Balance the budget in 4 years without raising income tax rates  (I would pursue this hard)

2. Rescinding any new war power or powers given to the executive branch in the past 20 years and giving them back to congress

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »

1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Direct DHS to build all border fencing that is already required under existing US law; push Congress to enact a more comprehensive enforcement bill including mandatory e-Verify and mandatory operational control of the border with legal status and a pathway to citizenship for certain illegal immigrants who entered prior to 2016; also ask Congress to reform H1B visas by closing the "outside contract" loophole and possibly lowering the total allowed number of these visas
3. Do my best to dramatically decrease the power of the presidency and the executive branch through working with Congress to pass restrictions on executive power. This includes abandoning the current AUMF and asking for a new one.
4. Order a thorough audit on all defense spending
5. Ask Congress to lower the interest rate on student loans to 3.4%. The government should not get 30+% profit off of student loans like they currently do.
6. Ask Congress to pass a law stating that the Department of Education may not tell states what their education standards can or cannot be, either by direct mandate or by withholding funds. They are free to adopt Common Core (which, as a former teacher, I think is a perfectly good set of standards), but they shouldn't be forced to.
7. Hope and pray we don't end up in another war... North Korea and Iran are both unsettling prospects.
8. Throw out the first pitch at a White Sox game.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »

Since we have one for Congress, I'd think we should get a bit more ambitious.

President? Me? We're all going to hell, LOL....j/k!! Wink

But seriously....my top three priorities would be repealing ObamaCare, ending some of the burdensome (and frankly, ridiculous) regulations on business, and repairing our relationships with our European allies.  Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »

Resign because I'm completely unqualified for the job.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2016, 10:52:34 AM by MohamedChalid »

It’s actually much much more than that I’d like to do, but my three top domestic priorities would be:

- Pass universal health care
- Increase the federal minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour
- Close tax loopholes, a 50% income tax for individuals making more than 500,000 dollars a year.

Additional executive actions:

- Sign an executive order for banning lobbyists in government (similar to Trump’s plans).
- Grant a pardon to all non-violent drug offenders
- Commute all death row inmates to life sentences
- Establish a task-force to study waste and fraud in government to make recommendations for more efficiency

My top foreign policy goals:

- Ask for a declaration of war/resolution against ISIL and intensify the bombing campaign as well as humanitarian aid for refugees. I would threat sanctions to countries like Saudi Arabia if they (government and rich private citizens) don’t stop (informal) support for the terrorists. Grant more aid to kurds fighting on the ground.
- Try to negotiate a peace treaty for Israel. I would pressure both sides to stop any violence and negotiate seriously.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »

1. Reduce corperate tax to a more typical rate of 23% but enforce it very aggressively(corperations effectively pay about 11% right now, and most countries have a corperate taxnof 25%.

2. Try to get a carbon tax through.

3. Try to diversify state economys dependent on fossil fuels.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:36 AM »

In no particular order:

1. Pardon Hillary Clinton
2. Revoke President Obama's executive order closing Guantanamo Bay
3. Repeal Obamacare and work to enact a law allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines, including a grandfather clause placing Obamacare recipients on Medicaid or Medicare based on other qualifications
4. Make Bush tax rates permanent and enact additional tax cut for all income levels; reduce top tax rate to 20%.  Reduce corporate tax rate to 15% and close loopholes/deductions that disproportionately favor the wealthy
5. Direct Justice Department to sue California and Washington over the top two primary, as well as all states that have legalized marijuana
6. Cancel 2020 dietary guidelines, and remove Daily Values from nutrition labels (Dietary guidelines should be based on science, not politics)
7. Issue executive order rescinding the Iran nuclear deal; enact complete travel and trade embargo on Iran
8. Enact Equal Rights Amendment and abortion amendment similar to this, but with exceptions for rape and incest
9. Raise/lower tariffs on imports based on environmental sustainability; add additional environmental "sin tax" to unsustainable goods; promote tax incentives for sustainable development
10. Issue executive order rescinding internment of German and Italian Americans in WWII and including formal apology
11. Begin arms trade deal with US allies to Jordan to fight ISIS
12. Institute income limits on Social Security and Medicare
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 12:03:55 PM »

My first day in office:

1. Pardon anyone guilty of a nonviolent drug offenses
2. Pardon all immigrants residing in the country illegally
3. Commute all death row inmates to life sentences

idk what I'd do on day two. I'd probably mostly spend the rest of my term vetoing whatever nonsense Congress passes.

Wouldn't this only affect those charged with federal drug charges or on federal death row?

I don't think a Presidential can pardon violations of state law, only governors can do that.

In that case, a vast majority of drug criminals would remain in jail and inmates would remain on death row as they are guilty of state laws.
sentinel
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 03:33:54 PM »

1. Infrastructure package combined with tax reform
2. Campaign finance reform
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »

1. Treat allies as allies and enemies as enemies, a 180 from Obama's terrible foreign policy. Move the embassy to Israel to East Jerusalem. End the new cold war with Russia but protect NATO allies. Focus on the real threat (not Russia).
2. Lay the basis to implement single-payer healthcare; nationalize the entire sector and Big Pharma.
3. End the war on drugs; amnesty for non-violent drug offenders; tolerate drug use and consider it a health issue.
4. Invest in poor areas. Invest in infrastructure. Pay for it by increasing personal taxes on the rich (but slash corporate taxes). Help poor people (especially in the winter) by funding shelters for homeless people.
5. Implement a national entry-exist system to monitor who enters and leaves the country. Invest in protecting the border. Give non-violent illegals amnesty (but no citizenship). Deport violent illegals.
6. Limit universities' right to "herd" money and invest it in things universities should not invest in. Limit the maximum tuition fee by law. Invest in education (it's not as if the money will be needed to fund the war on drugs anymore).
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »

1. Recognize Taiwan as an the one true China and work with our allies across the world for recognition of it as the one true China. Then, work with the United Nations to remove the PROC from its seat on the Security Council and give the seat to the ROC.

2. Work with our allies in Greece, Russia, Hungary, Israel to force Turkey to give up their control of Thracia to the Orthodox peoples.

3. Recognize Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel and move the embassy to East Jerusalem and help fund the building of settlements in the West Bank and give aid to Israel for fighting Hamas and other Arab terrorists. Support the construction of the Iron Dome.

4. Invest $1,000,000,000,000 in the military specifically building up infrastructure of our military including over 6,000 aircraft specifically 1,500 tactical fighter aircraft, three aircraft carriers, 100 new naval ships, a new class of 12 ballistic missiles. Work to build a missile program along the West Coast from Alaska to California and all US territory in the Pacific and South Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

5. Deport all criminal illegal aliens within the first six months and deport half of all illegal aliens within the first term. End all immigration for fifteen years from the Arab world with the exception of Jewish Israelis, all others will have to be screened by the State Department led by John Bolton and Dana Rohrabacher.

6. Sign into law conservative campaign finance reform which allows unlimited personal donations to campaigns, sign into law a flat tax of 10% for individuals and 15% for businesses. Give a  tax incentives of $200 Million for all companies that come back to America which will in turn require them to stay in the US for 25 years. Support an energy revolution in fossil fuels and support the private growth of renewable resources. Sign into law a national Right to Work Law.

7. Appoint the youngest most socially conservative academic or judge in the country to the United States Supreme Court and work to fill the lower courts with strong conservatives, sign into law the First Admendment Defense Act and defund PP and all other abortion groups. Fund the NRA and sign into law a concealed carry law and open carry law. Work to find a way to ban flag burning and repeal the Johnson Admendment.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »

1. Recognize Taiwan as an the one true China and work with our allies across the world for recognition of it as the one true China. Then, work with the United Nations to remove the PROC from its seat on the Security Council and give the seat to the ROC.

2. Work with our allies in Greece, Russia, Hungary, Israel to force Turkey to give up their control of Thracia to the Orthodox peoples.

3. Recognize Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel and move the embassy to East Jerusalem and help fund the building of settlements in the West Bank and give aid to Israel for fighting Hamas and other Arab terrorists. Support the construction of the Iron Dome.

4. Invest $1,000,000,000,000 in the military specifically building up infrastructure of our military including over 6,000 aircraft specifically 1,500 tactical fighter aircraft, three aircraft carriers, 100 new naval ships, a new class of 12 ballistic missiles. Work to build a missile program along the West Coast from Alaska to California and all US territory in the Pacific and South Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

5. Deport all criminal illegal aliens within the first six months and deport half of all illegal aliens within the first term. End all immigration for fifteen years from the Arab world with the exception of Jewish Israelis, all others will have to be screened by the State Department led by John Bolton and Dana Rohrabacher.

6. Sign into law conservative campaign finance reform which allows unlimited personal donations to campaigns, sign into law a flat tax of 10% for individuals and 15% for businesses. Give a  tax incentives of $200 Million for all companies that come back to America which will in turn require them to stay in the US for 25 years. Support an energy revolution in fossil fuels and support the private growth of renewable resources. Sign into law a national Right to Work Law.

7. Appoint the youngest most socially conservative academic or judge in the country to the United States Supreme Court and work to fill the lower courts with strong conservatives, sign into law the First Admendment Defense Act and defund PP and all other abortion groups. Fund the NRA and sign into law a concealed carry law and open carry law. Work to find a way to ban flag burning and repeal the Johnson Admendment.

Sorry, that's as far as I got. Do you want nuclear war? Because that's how you get nuclear war.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies